Anyone know what causes NPCs to have the stupid smirk and different postures in the encyclopedia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Whall

Recruit
I thought it was their traits but I have seen people with the same traits have different postures. If I copy and paste a face from one NPC to another they retain their posture and expression, even with a different face. Anyone know what causes it? I want to be able to mod away all the stupid smirks. Oh and I'm not talking about when the face asymmetry is lopsided.

I thought it was their traits but I have seen people with the same traits have different postures. If I copy and paste a face from one NPC to another they retain their posture and expression, even with a different face. Anyone know what causes it? I want to be able to mod away all the stupid smirks. Oh and I'm not talking about when the face asymmetry is lopsided.
AFAIK each head (only one male and one female) is a single mesh with fixed morphs/shapekeys to alter appearance and expression, limiting diversity. IIRC the code only allows one head per race per gender. I suggest you repost in the Mount and Blade Modding discord as that’s the only place I know where you might find someone who knows something about face morphs and animations.
As an aside, you might be interested in these notes on character creation face codes even though they relate to appearance as opposed to expressions https://docs.bannerlordmodding.lt/modding/character_customization/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom