Anybody run M&B on a worse computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

chson

Recruit
My specs:

Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz
2 GB ram
Onboard video card  (Dell OptiPlex GX520 has no PCIE or AGP ports)

Notes:

I set the battle sizer at a maximum of 50.  Anymore and I get unbearable lag during seiges.

I have:

1,6 GHZ
512 MB ram
Geforce 4 MX 440 with 64 MB ram with NO PIXEL SHADERS

That is the worst computer on this forums :cry:. I can't see all heraldric armors, shields and charater portraits.

3 ghz
1002 mb RAM
Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

Need to turn the graphics down to minimum, sometimes banners on shields get choppy (you can see my screenies in the screeny thread), some lag during siege attacks lots of lag during siege defence.

Right now I play it on a laptop - Sempron 3,2 GHz, 512 MB RAM - works fabulously on battle size set to 66, only lag I experience is about 2-4 seconds "freeze" every time the reinforcements or new enemies appear.

However, when I started playing M&B (it was .960 back then) I had 1 GB CPU with 384 MB RAM and old graphic card without pixel shaders.. I had some serious lag back then until I turned down every special effect to minimum.

Overall, I must say it's quite a flexible game - it will still run well on old computers if you tone graphic options down.

Used to run it on my 'old' laptop. 1.8Ghz Celeron Mobile, Intergrated Graphics Media Accelerator (945 or 950 or something like that - can't remember - it's ****) and 512Mb of Ram. Pretty much reasonably low settings, think max battle size I've ran was something like 30 - but the fps was surprisingly not too bad. Around 30-ish during battles and whatnot, with about 40% quality settings (and of course all the extras - such as grass - turned off)

Hired Pitchfork said:
...only lag I experience is about 2-4 seconds "freeze" every time the reinforcements or new enemies appear...

Well, I experience this 'lag' (or whatever you'd call it) even with a C2D 2.4Ghz, a very decent graphics card (7800GS) and 2GB RAM... Nothing to worry about, I guess :wink:

I used to play M&B with:

PII 350mhz
128mb RAM
Geforce 2 MX
win98

.80x was the last version I could play iwth that poor thing. .751 was the last with bearable fps.

Kolba said:
I have:

1,6 GHZ
512 MB ram
Geforce 4 MX 440 with 64 MB ram with NO PIXEL SHADERS

That is the worst computer on this forums :cry:. I can't see all heraldric armors, shields and charater portraits.

I can somewhat relate, a few years ago I was on a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440 64mb with 256mb RAM and a 2.0 intel.

But eh, those days are gone.
Just wanted to share thy pain for a moment.

Well you (the OP) have me beat in RAM as I only have 1GB. But, I have a 3.0ghz processor and a 256mb Nvidia card (which is very outdated). I figure as time goes on (and when I get my raise) I'll be upgrading to 2GB RAM and a 512 graphics card. By then, who knows what crazy cards they have.

This game is VERY easy on computer resources. I only lag once ever and it's when new enemies are respawning into the battle and only for a split second. Otherwise I can go up to 200 soldiers or more without any issues. Oh, and I should note that I do seem to have map issues with the rocky terrain for some reason. I figure that's because I have all my settings up to high.

Intel Celeron 2.6ghz
Onboard Intel Extreme Graphics 845g
512mb RAM 64mb of which is used for VRAM (so 448mb RAM total)

No pixel shader, can just barely run DX9 setup with no shadows and low character and texture detail
Can run DX7 version iight with low shadows and no dynamic lighting (apparently forced), low char and texture detail

1.5 ram
2.4 processor
geforce CE = Crappy Edition

I don't know any of the names, but I do know that my computer is pretty crappy. Given that it's from 2000. I added a 1 gig ram stick in it, but it doesn't help that much. I'm saving up right now for a new computer, I might even sell my Xbox360 too for some extra money.

Mount&Blade runs decently I guess. I do get lag in every battle, which is why I try to fight small battles only. I can only play old games that don't require much. I would really like to try some of those new computer games that have been coming out recently, which is why I'm saving up for a new one.

1.7ghz pentium-m
1gig ram
radeon 9600pro

definitely not the greatest setup, but seems to work at very low settings.. though fighting in terrain full of trees takes me down to <10fps

dryhte said:
Hired Pitchfork said:
...only lag I experience is about 2-4 seconds "freeze" every time the reinforcements or new enemies appear...

Well, I experience this 'lag' (or whatever you'd call it) even with a C2D 2.4Ghz, a very decent graphics card (7800GS) and 2GB RAM... Nothing to worry about, I guess :wink:

I have the same graphics card as you, decent card and easy to overclock.  You likely have faster Ram and certainly a better processor.
P4 2.4 ghz, 2GB RAM [pc 2700], evga 7800gs oc [agp].    I get some lag but certainly not a big problem, with shadows cranked down, no AA etc.

I tried the Graphic Enhancement mod that's available; it looked beautiful but my processor and slow RAM just wasn't up to the task.

I think it's time to migrate to the dual or quad core world of processors.

Dell Dimension - I Hate You And Want You To Suffer Edition
Pentium IV, 2,6 GHz
512 MB RAM
GeForce FX 5700LE (I think)

I run on dx7 shaders, I have to turn texture details way down and I have a battle size of 72... and still, sieges sometimes give me trouble.
Someday, I will buy a new computer and be a happy man.

Using a lower screen resolution helps tremendously. Simply lowering it to the next smallest resolution will give you amuch better performance, at least that's what it correlates to in the performance text.

I have a self build PC (not built by me I hasten to add) which I've added to over the years.

At the moment it has an Athlon 2.6 GHz processor, 1 gig of ancient RAM (it says 'forged in Wercheg' on the chips  :wink:) and a spanking new-ish 512mb Nvidia card.

I got the graphics card so I could actually see what the textures in M&B looked like as before I had a 64mb card out of the ark. Runs a treat with DX9. Battlesize is 200. I get some lag when enemies spawn and sometimes when things get busy in sieges, but apart from that it works a treat.

my worst :

pentium D 2.8ghz
1gb ram
6200SE 256mb TC

.903 was the last version i played with medium graphics. 1024*768

now i can play in 1650*1050  :grin:

core2quad 2.4ghz Q6600
4gb ram
8600gs 512mb (this one sucks :mad:)

Back
Top Bottom