Any macro utilities for the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wondering if there was a program to use to help tweak the controls a bit more. Specifically to find controls so I can use the keypad to give commands directly to certain forces (infantry, marksmen, etc) without having to go through the menu each time.

I downloaded that today, matter of fact. I'll have to check it out with a different character, though, which is a pity because I'm pretty far along with my main guy.

Captain Alatrise said:
I downloaded that today, matter of fact. I'll have to check it out with a different character, though, which is a pity because I'm pretty far along with my main guy.
The PBOD mod is perfectly Native WFaS savegame compatible.
Simply make a duplicate of your C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Savegames\OiM\ folder and rename it "PreBattle O&D" and your saves are accessible in the mod.

So far as macro utilities, there are a few speech-to-order utilities folks have used in the past, see GlovePIE script - Command your troops with the microphone and Vocal commands with "Shoot" [speech recognition]. There may be actual macros around too, the name "AutoHotKey" comes to mind, but I don't have links on hand.

Ah, just did it and found it somewhat lacking. Apparently I have a pretty complicated initial setup, involving holding my troops where they are (which you can do in PBOD), telling them to fire on my command (which doesn't work, they fire anyway), ordering them in three lines (not possible), then shifting them to advantageous terrain.

Doesn't really work in that mod. I'll check out autohotkey, there was something similar I used a while back for America's Army which was really nice, but I can't remember what it was.

Captain Alatrise said:
telling them to fire on my command (which doesn't work, they fire anyway) ordering them in three lines (not possible)
Aye, as a Warband port, these orders aren't built into the PBOD interface as they aren't in Warband.
As alternatives there's stacking multiple "stand closer" orders (x3 or x4) or using the formation type "ranks"...and starting with "hold fire". But, if you've any other feedback or discussion, that should probably head to the mod's thread.

Back
Top Bottom