Announcements

Should I wait before uploading the mod until I have the new scenes, or should I upload it and afterw

• Upload the new version NOW!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wait until you have the scenes and then upload it.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Antonis said:
- A working chariot. Currently, it uses horses animations, but they fit well. It is very fast, but difficult to drive, expensive and light(easily destructible), but it has 50 charge damage. In the mod, only Xsayar'sa(Xerxes) has it and the player could buy it. That limited use is to avoid chariot spamming.
Awesome! I'll have to try this out, I just hope I can find some time soon  :party:

Sooooo, after a long time, spending many hours on codes and tests, I saw no other solution than to start clean with the mod. I ported all the items and troops in a base provided by Diplomacy and started again. Fortunately, I have most of the old mod saved to guide me, so things like companion dialogues, general conversations and such shouldn't be a problem. But of course, a lot of work is required and I started it.  :smile:

It's surely the best course of action even if it requires porting over all the edits, you can only get so far with text files and if something doesn't go right it's going to be hard to debug and fix. Good luck with that and remember to make backups, use some cloud/online storage program like dropbox so your important files are safe in case of computer failure. It saved me a couple of times by now, I'd be mad if I had to start over  :lol:

Seek n Destroy said:
It's surely the best course of action even if it requires porting over all the edits, you can only get so far with text files and if something doesn't go right it's going to be hard to debug and fix. Good luck with that and remember to make backups, use some cloud/online storage program like dropbox so your important files are safe in case of computer failure. It saved me a couple of times by now, I'd be mad if I had to start over  :lol:

Yeah, text files didn't get me anywhere, plus I was really frustrated at some point. Still, using a decompiler, I managed to 'salvage' most of the dialogue, troops etc., so I am not in the absolute nadir. That's something.  :smile:
And yeah, backups are really necessary, I have learned that the hard way.

fladin said:
This is the best thing to do for this case, it helps to rebuild on a better basis ...
Good courage

Thanks, it is indeed the best and Diplomacy offers me many things to 'play' with.  :grin:

Nope. Just taking it slow, starting from the basis of Diplomacy and add/edit/rework/re-use things. So far, not a problem detected. Also adding properly the scene props, also slowly remaking some scenes.

Antonis said:
Nope. Just taking it slow, starting from the basis of Diplomacy and add/edit/rework/re-use things. So far, not a problem detected. Also adding properly the scene props, also slowly remaking some scenes.

Excellent news!  I have a hankering for some ancient warfare.

Hello! Thoroughly enjoying this mod since you told me about it... How goes the updated version? Have you started on any of those other projects you mentioned, or focusing on updating this and Sword and the Axe first?

Hi, and yeah, I've started and progressed with the re-making of the mod. Will start testing soon. And yes, I am focusing on finishing those mods first, since my spare time isn't *that* ,much!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom