Announcements

Should I wait before uploading the mod until I have the new scenes, or should I upload it and afterw

• Upload the new version NOW!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wait until you have the scenes and then upload it.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Antonis said:
I was instructed by igorbb on how to make module files from text files. That is great if it works, because it means that if I succeed, I will be able to make a new full version, 2.0, with many new things and also some of those suggested. Keep our fingers crossed.  :smile:

Is this some info you can share with us?  How is this done?

But  how much are you ? This is not human, you are everywhere and you find the time and
the strength to add other wonders to all your mods ! it's really irritating  :mad:

Just joking  :mrgreen:, really great work as always

BTW I find the early game (before becoming vassal...)  a little  without "chalenge/danger" (yes, it is a critique  :twisted:) : nothing to fear from bandits, you can just recruit 20 top tier mercenaries, and then  you can explode everyone usually without any causualities => too powerful mercenaries (and too available) or too weak bandits ...
(maybe some "special" hostile spawns  will do the trick :wink: )

Bon courage

:lol:
Thank you for your constant encouragement. Thanks, I didn't know mercs were so overpowered, I will immediately do something about it. The badnits have received a boost in their stats(and in their number), but it won't make much sense if the Thracian bandits are better equipped and better than, say, the Thracian hoplites. I fixed that, now I will do something about mercenaries. Also, I think increasing mercenary hiring cost is a good step to make things even more difficult.  :twisted:

Merci!  :smile:

Awesome news, looking forward to the new update! I presume it'll break save compatibility?

Weakening horses is a good way to reduce cavalry's strength without imbalancing the combat system. Another possible idea would be to give the hoplite dorys the effect of making horses rear like polearms do in native. That should help prevent cavalry from busting through phalanxes head on.

Yes, unfortunately, changes to troops and such require a new game. About the rearing thing, I have made the dory one-handed, because the animation can be handled that way. I haven't tried any pole-arm properties, though, I will experiment with a few things.

So, Version 1.05 "The Achaemenid Empire Strikes back" is out. You can get it here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=326029.msg7699179#msg7699179
The ModDB has still the 1.04 version, I will upload 1.05 when my Internet agrees. :smile:

CHANGELOG

-More than 50 new items, including helmets, armours, muscled cuirasses(made by Lionstrong, shields, weapons etc.
-Completely new face and body models.
-Added a couple more of hairstyles and beards.
-Made and added a lot of new linothorakes.
-Made and added 6 peltast shields, of the classic 'crescent moon' design.
-Changes made to troops, so that they use the aforementioned new items.
-Took care of the items that didn't exist then, like the maize, replacing with other proper items.
-Added a lot for the Persians. I felt they were a bit neglected in terms of items, so I added more for them. Clothes, shields and armours etc. Following Hertog Jan's suggestion, I went ahead and retextured some native models that now suit the mod without being 'medieval' looking.
-New troops, for mercenaries, Persians, and some Greeks.
-Changed ALL the hoplon shields. Lionstrong sent me an update hoplon model for my big mod, with better shape and great normal and specular maps, so I used it as a base for the shields. The old model didn't have anything wrong, but the new one is more crisp and clear. The shield decorations and designs are the same, plus some new ones.
-Re-equipped the bandits, no more tons of hoplon shields available for mere bandits or out of place items.
-An expiremental change: the horses. As arosenberger14 reported, cavalry was still pretty strong. My idea for the mod, originally, was that cavalry was to act as scouts/light cavalry, than the heavy destructive force. Persian heavies excluded, of course. But they still were pretty strong. So, what I did was to change not the soldiers, but the horses. For this version, the horses are easier to kill, they don't have any armour value, except the persian war mare with the lamellar armour on(a saddle isn't protection, so I don't think it justifies a 15 armour rating) and a bit less easier to handle, a bit less like vehicles. But, they have higher charge values. I mean, if a horse came straight onto you and trampled you, would you be all well and fine, especially if you wore very light armour, like the peltasts? I don't think so. So, phalanxes now are a no-go for full frontal charges with the horse, you can be taken out pretty easily. On the other hand, if the cavalry finds alone men and especially lightly armoured ones, they have the upper hand, due to momentum and speed. We'll see if it is a good change.
-Also, while the custom armours that can be worn as accessories was a good idea, the execution was bad, leading to exploitation. I am working on how to get around it, but if I am unsuccessful, prepare to see something else in their place.

Now, two updates, which I consider important:
a) For some time, when I had confirmation that this version is pretty stable, I will leave the mod as it is. I found a way to reclaim some of the module system files, but not all in order to make ground breaking changes. I think I can complete a module system, but when I have time. So, I will move it a bit further in the priorities list.
b) About the big mod, "Conquestum et Sanguinem", I was working slowly, but steadily. Now, I have finished with most of the items and with about 40% of the troops(there are already 22 factions in the mod, with a standard and a unique troop tree each, let alone lords, ladies and merchants, so we're talking about A LOT of troops). Currently, I am working on the Seleucids, faction number 14 out of 22. One of these days I will make a thread for the mod, with screenshots, proper info and regular updates. I should again thank phlpp, author of Gekokujo mod, who very graciously allowed me to use parts of Gekokujo source code. It made my life a great deal easier and sped things up amazingly. Not to mention all the cool features I found and learned, like unique locations, new quests and such. So, thanks!

I really do hope so, there are a lot of things I can do, but at the same time I cannot, due to lack of the module files. Maybe now that that's finished, I'll find some time to play 1050AD, been wanting to since the release.  :smile:

Thanks! To install the mod, just delete the folder of the previous version, should say 'Fires of War 1.04' and copy the new version folder. It's standalone, doesn't need to copy over something.  :smile:

Antonis said:
Thanks! To install the mod, just delete the folder of the previous version, should say 'Fires of War 1.04' and copy the new version folder. It's standalone, doesn't need to copy over something.  :smile:

Hi Antonis,

standalone means it should not go into Warbands "Modules" folder but install in a separate folder, right?

Rgds, Oldtimer

No, no, standalone as 'you don't need any previous version'. So far, every mod for Warband needs the game and to be put in the Modules folder. I meant that you don't have to keep any older versions or copy over. :smile:

There's a small fix for the Rome at War shield defense animation (if you are still using it) that you might want to include:

Code:
 ["defend_shield_keep", acf_parallels_for_look_slope|acf_anim_length(100), amf_rider_rot_shield|amf_priority_defend|amf_keep|amf_rider_rot_defend|amf_client_owner_prediction,
   [defend_keep_duration, "anim_human", defend+118, defend+118, arf_blend_in_4|arf_cyclic],
 ],
Alternatively:
Code:
 defend_shield_keep 1677725696 604024846  1
  2.000000 anim_human 35118 35118 268435461 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

It fixes the "tilt" in the anim.

Back
Top Bottom