Animals

Users who are viewing this thread

Morcant

Sergeant at Arms
As The Witcher intends to work on animals for settlements, here some documentation on them (ancient breeds and so).

Animals were much smaller than nowadays. They hadn't yet been selected.

Highland%20cattle%20Scotland%202.JPG

Highland cattle. You can easily find a lot of thoses on the web, I think they are an ancient breed. Cows would have weighted around 300-500kg and sized around 1 meter only.

pz_limousineetpienoires.jpg

An ancient breed of breton cow.

favrie10.jpg

4891980_1.jpg

An ancient breed of goats.

Mouton-noir-Ouessant-belier-1-NU-zmm.jpg

moutonsOuessant1GF.jpg

An ancient breed of breton sheeps. They are quite small, 30-50cm height. Note that in ancient times, black, different shades of brown, grey were common along with white. The wool was sometimes sorted with its various colors and weavered, this gave the basis of so-called "tartan" or "plaid" textiles.

79504-004-6DC58674.jpg

IrishWolfhoundFrankBrendan.JPG

An irish or scottish wolfhound. This was a famous breed even imported in Rome for fights in the colesseum against bears and other beasts. They are very tall nowadays but ancient standarts may have been smaller, go for around 1 meter.

295888_KL1RBRJHWZSXWU3YEZXJOMVJ8GIWPF_imgp2921_H114423_L.jpg

An ancient breed of breton pigs. However, pigs in the ancient times would look even more like domesticated boars.

coq10208.JPG

Chickens, ancient breed aswell. Quite small.

Cool. I love those all ancient breeds! :smile:

But honestly - if we can do new models and animations for animals - it might be quite cool idea - but it's quite distant future TBH...  :cool:

No problem, Kolba told me you wanted to do this and I thought about it some time ago  :grin:

Morcant said:
No problem, Kolba told me you wanted to do this and I thought about it some time ago  :grin:

I had that weird idea - yes. But apart of the models I can do - I'm not sure is it possible to implement so many new animations and skeletons... Might be problem with the engine... Would be cool to see some animals, though. We can do some of them as vertex animated props, maybe...

Back
Top Bottom