Analyze the Historical person above you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Majhudeen

This is somewhat more of a forum game then anything, but I decided to put it into the sages guild since it deals with you analyzing a historical figure said person posts above you. Sort of like analyze the poster above you.

An example would be this.

Username there:submitted person*

Username here: He was a terrible leader, but he perfected the art of charging in the other direction.

I'll start.

Winston Churchill.

Hermann von Salza:  a famous example of how a lowly member of the knightly orders could achieve fame and influence during the height of the Crusades.

Lucrezia Borgia.

Lucrezia Borgia: The popes slutty daughter who people didn't like to marry. (out of fear)
Perikles of Athens

Perikles of Athens:  the world's first true liberal; defender of imperial democracy, leader and statesman and creator of the heart of ancient Athens.  Only Plato could get away with criticizing him.

Philippa of Hainault.

Philippa of Hainault: There have been hundreds like her, only know for her dear hubby. Married to seal a deal. I don't know much else about her.

François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

Constantijn Huygens Sr. : Served the house of Orange I do believe. A reasonable poet (I like his sonnets). His son contributed a lot to the astronomy field (of which I have a friend majoring in).

Carolus Martellus

Carolus Martellus. aka charles the hammer,a frankish warlord a great general, wise because he turned down an offer from the pope. stoped a muslim army from making headways into europe... oh and was a founding figure of the carthogean royal house.
and with a nickname the hammer, must of been a badass.

Gaius Marius

Ule said:
Carolus Martellus. aka charles the hammer,a frankish warlord a great general, wise because he turned down an offer from the pope. stoped a muslim army from making headways into europe... oh and was a founding figure of the carthogean royal house.

Gaius Marius
Actually, the word is "Carolingian"

Gaius Marius--credited with reorganization of the Roman Legion into individual cohorts, elected consul a record seven times.

John Jay

John Jay:
John Jay (December 12, 1745 – May 17, 1829) was an American politician, statesman, revolutionary, diplomat, a Founding Father of the United States, and the first Chief Justice of the United States (1789–95).

Sounds like a decent fellow. :razz:

Hamida Djandoubi.

Lord Brutus said:
Ule said:

Gaius Marius
Actually, the word is "Carolingian"

indeed it is, started typing that an my brain took me the other way... tip to self dont type historical stuffs when tired

Hamida Djandoubi. last man to guillotined in france, acused of rape torture murder an premedated violence and forced prostitution, lost a 1/3 of his leg. and althought excuted werent actualy convited.

Henry Percy.

Henry Percy: English Lt.-General who received the Victorian Cross for his bravery as colonel during the battle of Inkerman (1854).

(There are so many Henry Percy's in English History, I just picked one).

Wulframnus

Uh... Who? Saint Wulfram? Sorry, I'm not sure who that is, did you spell it correctly? Does he have any other names?

NR

Wolfram de Sens, or Wulfram de Fontenelle or indeed Saint Wulfram.

I used the Latin name so there be no confusion.. apparently that didn't work. :mrgreen:

Boo missionaries! Largely unknown fellow. Not as whined about as Boniface. Pretty cool patron sainting.

Slightly off-topic but I've never heard of this man and I've also never heard of those old Frisians sacrificing children. Did they or was that invented to spice up the story of this fellows' life?

Jack Churchill.

Jack Churchill: "Mad Jack", was an English soldier who fought throughout World War II armed with a longbow, arrows and a claymore. He once said "any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed."

Never heard of him before but it seems to have been an exceptionally brave man. they should make a movie over his WW-II career!

Analyze William of Normandy (The Conqueror, the Bastard, etc..)

Slightly off-topic but I've never heard of this man and I've also never heard of those old Frisians sacrificing children. Did they or was that invented to spice up the story of this fellows' life?
There is no (at least not certain) archaeological evidence of human sacrifice in Early Medieval Frisia, only this textual source. Wulfram is interesting because there are more versions of the story over his lifetime. In some versions, parts seem missing while these are also used to spice up the life story of Willibrord.

Happy happy fatty lady. Managed to expand the British Empire by a lot though.

The British sex god, Prince Edward "Bertie" VII

Back
Top Bottom