An issue with rescuing lords.

Users who are viewing this thread

So I was wandering around Curaw the other day, and I saw a Nord lord was captured by a Vaegirs lord. Anyways I decided to rescue him. Then I went to the castle where he was held, and  killed the prison guard, got him outta jail, and he got knocked unconscious by some soldier.
I found it impossible to keep him safe while fighting all those soldiers, so I went to the nearest village, talked to the village elder, asked him to lit a fire around the village. He said Ok, so I went out, camped beside that village and waited 2 straight days, but  never saw that fire.
Can anybody tell me if this is a glitch? This seemed to work even if I have a 0 relationship with that village before patch 1.143.

well....that village elder is just unreliable,
i never ask any of those to set fire....

so which option you gave the captured lord? (when you tole him you are gonna get him out)

select the first option, ask him to stay away from the fight as possible,
or you just need to kill the enermies as quick as possible

From my experience: tell him to help you in battle (that's the way to make him follow your orders). Then find a safe spot (in a corner or behind some building) and order him to hold position (F1->F1). Make sure it is a place where he is safe from ranged attacks (as lot of lords do not carry shield). Then stand in the only way leading to this place and take on everything that comes through there :wink:

No map icon will appear if you ask for that fire. Just enter the city/castle at midnight and it should work.

Moldri said:
No map icon will appear if you ask for that fire. Just enter the city/castle at midnight and it should work.

No, there's fire on the map icon.  And this worked everytime before patch 1.143. This is how it worked : I told the elder to set a fire outside the village, I camped outside the village, as soon as I see the fire, I run to the castle/town where a lord is held, I went in, and there's less guards to fight.

Back
Top Bottom