SP - Economy an idea about improving workshop incom

Users who are viewing this thread

so as i understand workshops get there raw materials from villages, so i have an idea about improving a workshop's income
if u have a wine press workshop near grape producing villages if u do missions and have a good relation with that village then they sell grapes at a discounted price for your workshop that means more profit for you.
this way they can make workshops have a little more income but in an interactive way and will give people more reason to help villages, also if they are working on roguery gameplay they can also make it so that u threat villages to sell only to your workshop and at a discounted price

In my game grape cost like 9 in towns with villages that produce grapes. The problem is that wine costs 56 so profit is really small. So even if you reduce grape cost you're still making a pathetic amount of money since grape is cheap to begin with. Towns in which wine costs a lot do not produce grapes. Hence workshops make no sense.

Your thing could work if they improve the caravan system. Instead of creating a caravan that randomly roams around, why can't I create a caravan that buys grapes in Vlandia and transports that grape to a town in which wine costs 150 so my workshop can create that wine. That way you can improve relations with the village to sell more grapes to my caravan or help merchants in that town and in return they buy only my wine. Or hire thugs to break my rival wine producer. Etc.

This used to be a thing in Warband. I would buy silk in Rivacheg for 200 from base cost of 600 and transport it to my velvet producing enterprise in Suno. Massive profit!

Hmm.. is it not better to be able produce where it is rawmaterial is cheap to then sell the product where it is expensive? :smile:

To transport cheap raw-materials accross the entire map sounds very ineffective, and is not how most markets works IRL.
Silk might be an exception though but it´s also an incredibly expensive raw-material. But Grain and Grapes definatly. Grapes would as well be quite wasted upon arrival..

Back
Top Bottom