SP - General An Appeal for Cultural Creativity

Users who are viewing this thread

Since purchasing the game on May 23rd I’ve logged 167 hours around work and family life. Most of those hours have been immensely enjoyable. With that said I have a fairly straight-forward request. Please add some creativity to your clan cultures. Specifically increase the individuality within the cultures and give us non-stereotypical cultures.

I had the misfortune of activating the empire quest which cast me into war with every single faction in the game. While I’ve been able to handle them for the most part, taking so many lords prisoner has imparted on my just how identical they are to one another. Literally every single Battanian looks the same. Ditto the Imperials. There is a slightly increased variation where the females are concerned but there is still a disturbing amount of similarity between them. It’s to the point where I’ve taken to mods to add diversity.

I understand that your target demographic likely has a high affinity for the rote tropes of Vikings, Celts, and pseudo-romans. However there are other cultures for your fictional iron-age world to draw inspiration from. Cultures that may have the effect of expanding your user base in a healthy fashion. The character creation and the Jawwal minor faction provide evidence that your development team at least knows other cultures exist, so why not take it a step further and include another culture based on the Egyptian/Mali empires? Why not fill the abandoned north with Inuit-like minor factions? History is chock full of inspiration.

As it stands I’m rewriting your factions through the use of mods, but if the character creation allows me to make a dark skinned character shouldn’t the game feature such characters more regularly? It’s just a request, and I know you all are working hard on any multitude of larger issues but as my grandmother used to say, “You never know unless you ask”.

~ Cheers

Back
Top Bottom