Ambush / Random encounter

Users who are viewing this thread

Selvhan

Knight
Hey , i was wondering if it would be possible to include random encounter / ambush in this mod ? ( Or in m&b at all ).

Because when you can always spot the enemy and see what exactly you are about to fight, it get easy to flee or fight. So hiding the exact number of people in a group would be very nice if it is possible. It will also add strategy because you will have to get ready for any kind of enemy.

This sounds like something that isn't easy to implement, but I can see the appeal. An enemy could hide most of his troops, so that you see a party with 50 soldiers, attack and suddenly face 200 instead of just the 50. This would be an interesting addition to M&B in general and I think the main developers of M&B have better resources to realize this then those of PoP, so the King's Court might be a good place to suggest this.

I think he's leaning more towards the Final Fantasy style world exploration where you can just be traveling over open terrain and suddenly put into combat without seeing any enemies on the map.

Either way, that would be funny to see a little heretic party, attack it and it turn out to be Three Seers or something :razz:

I asked for both. As the final fantasy style could be seen as ambush and the other way, as your spotting skill vs the tactic skill or something like that.

Maybe it would be easier to do it that way :

Everything stay as it is right now, except you don't see the guys in the party. Just like when you spot an enemy far away but can't see the number.

Anyway, just trying to make PoP better and better :grin:

then they are gonna face F's AK, noosers tank Abyss' MKII, your Fire extinguisher and my sheer rage for the incompetent and railgun...

Back
Top Bottom