Am I missing something in the late game? If not, the late game needs work!

Users who are viewing this thread

In general I've loved this game so far and I'm now working on the quest where you have to secure 2/3 of empire settlements. I have an independent kingdom with two castles and two towns. Life is generally good, but the gameplay has devolved into running around trying to find recruits to fill my garrisons in preparation for the next war. This is taking forever. There is no point doing the side quests anymore because passive income is no problem and I'm already at tier 4 on renown. I've spent maybe the last two hours going from place to place recruiting and killing looters to get their experience up... and then I realized that this would be it for the rest of the game. I'm bored.

The late game needs significant additions to make it more fun/engaging, especially if you have an independent kingdom. Ideas:

Diplomacy - at the moment diplomacy is not really a thing, kingdoms either like you (e.g. you married their daughter) or they don't (e.g. you killed them once), and most of the mechanics seem unfinished (and that's ok - early access). I'd like to see diplomacy finished so you can establish proper alliances.

Auto-recruit - I know you can form parties to go and find recruits but this should be extended so that a) you can specify where the recruits should be dropped off, so you don't manually need to move units around (or be able to change garrison soldier locations remotely), and b) some kind of auto-recruit feature for garrisons, similar to militia. In short I'd prefer to spend the late game fighting massive battles, not running around from town to town recruiting tier 1 pawns and chasing looters.

Garrison training - it seems really slow / unreliable to train garrison troops in castles. You should be able to get to tier 2 really quickly, tier 3 much longer, higher tiers only through battle. Or something like this.

Smithing - this is an insane grind at the moment and i just don't understand the point. By the time you can use it you're already pimped out from captured loot and rolling in cash from passive income from towns. And there is no skill involved - it's just grindy and annoying.

Thanks for reading. Great game, keep up the good work and please please please improve mod support.

Btw there is one feature i'd like more than any other - the ability to sort the party screen by type, tier or alphabetical.

I believe they are still working on kingdom management. I don't have the game myself, but as far as I know there is basically nothing really implemented there.

Back
Top Bottom