Alliance through marriage/marrying siblings off

Users who are viewing this thread

darkmanx23

Recruit
has this feature been completely implemented yet ? if so how does it work and what does it do

im playing on the latest version it gave me the option to marry my brother off to rhagea so i tried it and he just disappeared so i reloaded an older save, what would be the benefits of doing that would they help me in battle or not declare war on me or anything

has this feature been completely implemented yet ? if so how does it work and what does it do

im playing on the latest version it gave me the option to marry my brother off to rhagea so i tried it and he just disappeared so i reloaded an older save, what would be the benefits of doing that would they help me in battle or not declare war on me or anything

From my observations, the way it's supposed to work is that all marriages are patrilineal (the female joins the male's clan) EXCEPT for when the female is a clan leader.

So, if your main character is female, her husband will join your clan, but if you marry off your sister, she'll leave your clan to join her husband's clan.

In certain cases, marraiges are prevented if these two cases conflict... like if you try to marry your main character to another clan leader.

For your brother, it would be a huge mistake (in my opinion) to marry him to Rhagea. You'd lose your brother to Rhagea's clan and only get +50 or so relation with that clan. Very bad tradeoff.

ooooo so no benefits outside of some relationship gains ? i was hoping they would at least not declare war on me.......

so what if i married him to somebody less important like calatild would he still join her or would she join us

ooooo so no benefits outside of some relationship gains ? i was hoping they would at least not declare war on me.......

so what if i married him to somebody less important like calatild would he still join her or would she join us

As long as his wife isn't leader of her original clan, she'll join your clan when she marries your brother.

Back
Top Bottom