AI never besiege settlements when I'm in them/trying to defend

Users who are viewing this thread

smeeok

Recruit
I noticed that whenever I travel even with a small army to a settlement that is about to be besieged by the enemy that they will always divert course, and even when I forfeit the lives of my troops with the massive sneaking in during a seige loss, as soon as I'm inside the enemy will always break the seige. It seems kind of dumb that the enemy will only seige me when it's some massive army difference like 1200 to 300, and I know the devs are constantly working on this bad boy so I hope they introduce something in the future that'll make defending seiges actually a viable part of the game.

that's a lot of text, other than that though I'm enjoying slaughtering looters and destroying the empire a ton, even for EA it's a very good game

On the one hand the AI shouldn´t do any suicide when outnumbered, on the other hand, they shouldn´t know the exact number of defenders as they do (at least it seems so).

Very hard to get it right I guess.

On the one hand the AI shouldn´t do any suicide when outnumbered, on the other hand, they shouldn´t know the exact number of defenders as they do (at least it seems so).

Very hard to get it right I guess.
you're right, I don't like outnumbering the enemy 30 to 1 unless it's looters, it does seem like a pretty hard problem to solve

I am seeing attacks on castles with ratios in the range of 4:1 or better which seems reasonable.
What makes no sense to me is that enemy lords do not flee into a castle or town when fleeing from a superior enemy ... same with caravans they have to leave town in fact right into your waiting arms, that is kind of game breaking to me.

Back
Top Bottom