AI Commands during battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Mechstra

Sergeant
Some of them seem to be a bit hit-and-miss. More than once I've ordered 'hold position' (it's my standard tactic in battles, most of the time) but while most of my men will do so, there's usually one or two lone-wolf brave fools who go way out front and won't respond to any other commands in my attempts to get them to come back - 'follow me' is ignored, for instance. It tends to happen with ranged troops, and the number of Swadian militia/crossbowmen I've lost in this manner is immense.

I've also had some problems with the 'dismount' command - although most of my men will comply eventually, I've had occasions where the horseman just stands for the entire battle, not moving off his horse.

Indeed, it does get quite annoying when, for example, you get a stroke of luck and get a Black Knight that another group captured.
Next thing, your in a battle with Khergit raiders, the knight ignores your orders and charges into the maw of ten Raiders who promptly stick him full of arrows and stab him.
*grumbles*

So long as its not overly complicated and distracts from your ability to take a very active role in the battle id be for anything :wink:

Well, heh, those are mostly to prevent your men to be slaughtered like pigs. However, if you play 'cautious' char - with a lot of tactical options, you may simply order your men around, w/o getting into combat too.

I use Hold Position most of the time, and charge in alone. It's basically the only way I can win fights without my entire army getting killed. Which basically makes them all useless. But I need the numbers to do some quests.

I hate those times that I've killed 25+ of 30 enemies, just to have one of my knights charge forward all of a sudden... and get killed by some mountain bandit with a dagger in two shots.

Allied AI needs a major rework.

Back
Top Bottom