AGE of CHANGE II :Progress Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Finishing time is not easy to calculate, especially when you don't have much free/regular time to spend working on mod and there is no many reliable people to help.
If we could work 8hours/5days a week on regular basis, then some calculation would be possible.
ATM any release dates could be optimistic guesses only.

IMHO after cuirassier armor and some minor stuff added, the mod will have basic functionality of beta version, of course there still will be many important features missing, but gameplay should be all functional and enjoyable.

If you ask me a beta version might be a good idea it's the best way to get feedback but it's your call and i'm sure we all can wait  :smile:

People who want to wait for the finished product can still wait. Releasing a beta would only help you improve your mod.

i kind of agree it wouldent stop anyone from waiting for a final version, and i think allot of good feedback would come from a beta. but thats just my thoughts

I'm afraid You missing the point little.

It's not about beta version. In my definition 'beta' have to be feature complete (contains all intended functionality of the final version, however is not yet final due to bugs, performance or stability issues) .
There is no question about beta, we know that beta is necessary, and there is no doubt there will be one at some point.

The Zimke's question is more about some kind of open late alpha (pre-beta?) version (without all planed features finished). Basically it will be partially completed version with only some features functional and most probably save game incompatible.

Again, it's not decision about 'beta', definitely there will be 'beta' at right time.
IMHO the discussion should be if you like to test unfinished alpha stage product and will not hate us about missing features (at least until 'true' beta :mrgreen: ).

Waldzios said:
I'm afraid You missing the point little.

It's not about beta version. In my definition 'beta' have to be feature complete (contains all intended functionality of the final version, however is not yet final due to bugs, performance or stability issues) .
There is no question about beta, we know that beta is necessary, and there is no doubt there will be one at some point.

The Zimke's question is more about some kind of open late alpha (pre-beta?) version (without all planed features finished). Basically it will be partially completed version with only some features functional and most probably save game incompatible.

Again, it's not decision about 'beta', definitely there will be 'beta' at right time.
IMHO the discussion should be if you like to test unfinished alpha stage product and will not hate us about missing features (at least until 'true' beta :mrgreen: ).

i think alpha would be a good idea

Maybe a semi-open beta, without publicly available link? Those who really want to PM someone and get a link?

Liamar said:
Maybe a semi-open beta, without publicly available link? Those who really want to PM someone and get a link?
And how to determine, who is worthy to get a link? No, bad idea. Why? For example I gave Zimke large texture/model pack idk maybe year ago. Some of then (with reworked texture) we'r be able to see in AoC2 alpha if it comes. But, what about users, who also waiting and want, but didn't nothing? If they will receive an alpha, they could help as testers, so my opinion - public alpha, all open.

this is just too good not to share it :grin:
mkDBB8w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom