AGE of CHANGE II : MODELS PREVIEWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Khergit Lamellar Armor; Still it's work in progress, I'll replace the bazuband with lacquiered black and red more decorated version.

mongollammellar1byzimke.png
mongollammellar2byzimke.png
mongollammellar3byzimke.png

Khergit Lamellar Armor;
Added laces and reworked left hand shape (it was almost cilindrical before so now it has the right shape), and reworked the bazuband to a more mongol version, this is the reference for bazuband--> http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1709/hb20053012.jpg

mongollamellarbyzimke.png

Oh man Zimke, promise you'll do some padded deels with that texture pattern used for the layer below the lamellar, it looks really beautiful (as does the rest, of course)
And don't forget the pheasant feather plumes for the helmets that we talked about if your recall, huh?  :wink:

Keep the fur I say, it gives the illusion of more layers. Also it plain looks good.

Also I went back to the start of this thread to enjoy some of your first uploaded armors. Your work was amazing then, but I can still see some significant improvements between then and now.

I also feel like I have to point out that the "Hussar wings" on the Polish Hussar armor were NOT attached to the armor itself, but rather to the saddle of the horse. In some pictures of display models, the wings are fixed to the armor for the sake of decoration, but not for combat. I thought perhaps you'd be glad to know that, since you could probably easily take the wings off of the armor and put them on the saddle of a horse and call it a "Polish Hussar Horse", and as an added bonus, the wings won't be in the face of the player while fighting in third person :wink:

Fur will stay then :wink:

About wings, that is actually a very interesting information, and there is indeed a problem with them while in third person look. I was planning to make new armors for hussars by the way (if the free time permits me), current ones are not good performance and aestetic vise(well at least for me).

I figured, because I've played mods with armors that have had flags and other things attached to the back, and they are always directly in the camera and obscures the view of the player. Logically speaking, you would never have something like that strapped on your back while fighting. The chance of it snagging onto a tree branch or being pulled at by the enemy is just too great. Even when attached to the saddle, they way they are often portrayed in pictures presents a real risk of riding under a tree and suddenly the wings catch something and your day might end very poorly.

That's why the wings were not shaped like hooks, but rather had a soft curve to them. Here, I drew a picture to illustrate :razz:
19qwb4.jpg

If you're going to redesign it anyway, you might as well think about attaching them to the saddle of the horse with the leopard skin cover.
destrier.png
And make it a real Polish Hussar's horse that way :wink:

Waffenbaum said:
And make it a real Polish Hussar's horse that way :wink:
Not true at all :evil:.
Hate this kind of simplification.
Hussar Wings were mainly decoration purpose, there wasn't any standardization, each towarzysz (hussar companion) was free to choice his decorations (skins, wings), there was plenty rules about minimum required equipment but there wasn't any rule about wings and other decorations, after abolishing balkan shields (with wings in Deli way) wings were used both mounted to saddle and to back, IMHO there is no need in looking for rule about wings use because there wasn't any :smile:.

About "risk of riding under a tree", we not talking about russian copy of hussars that are known from breaking lances trying ride through city gates :smile:, but about most elite cavalrymen that spend years of life training in use horse and lance (it required years to master it), I can assure you that with that level of skills you don't care what is strapped on your back.

BTW. Wings have practical use to, it was commonly used (in much simple version) by Polish scouts and tatars to prevent use of tatar arkan.

Waffenbaum said:
From a gameplay perspective, it's still the better solution. The wings do really get in the face of the player and makes it difficult to hit enemies :wink:
I fully agree that wings are really annoying for player in game  :wink:. IMHO for player purpose wingless version of armor still will be best choice (wouldn't winged horse be annoying too?) , for AI troops I personally prefer mix of wingless troops, troops with wings on back and troops with wings on saddle.
We will later have similar situation with some japan armors and their back decorations, simple replacing back decorations with saddle ones don't fix anything.

the khergit stuff, much like everything else, borders epicness..just saying. I especially like the embroidery on the thighs/upper arms, very well done sir :smile:

master facon said:
Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Khergit Elite Archer:

unled1yx.png
nice, love the look, but I prefer melee, could you make a infantry version?
I'd argue that it could be used for both archers and melee, but all the same here's what I'd imagine a more armored version would look like.
156s390.jpg
And Zimke, really really nice work on it. But if I could suggest a tiny insignificant thing it would be to darken the shoulder protection a little and maybe make the golden "flower" more bronze like the gorgeous details on the plates. They stand out a little bit as it is. Top notch through and through, though! I can already tell that the most difficult thing for me when playing this mod will be choosing what to wear :wink:

Waffenbaum said:

No need for that, it's basicaly coat of plates with mail under the fabric. Mail under the fabric will be simulated with normalmap. And yea, I'll fix the flower to match the bronze. As of shoulderpeaces they will look the same as other metal parts when specular map kicks in ingame.

Back
Top Bottom