MP Medieval Age of Blades - AoE II based multiplayer mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not interested in spreading false hopes. The mod won't be done in a month.
Page 69 ftw! ...edit: Damn albready at 70.
...monks. Not really sure if there will be monks and even if...
I'm not sure about their function. (I know their function in AoE 2, but
I don't know if I can make it any similar to it.)

Sir Albertus, I would give a recommendation. Take as much time as you want to complete this and release it. When you will release it, it will be complete and no more problems will be there.

Well, you could make monks' attacks ranged, with an animation similar to their AoEs counterpart, and for each attack, roll a random number that if successful, will make the agent they are attacking either run or attack their own friends until killed.

I'm at least half-way sure making them run is possible... but not so about them killing their friends...
Perhaps Ill try my hand at making something similar code-wise, might serve at least as practice with agents...

The only thing I could think off is adding a code system that made monk units convert one enemy before battle.

So lets say you have 2 monks anf fight vs 8 guys. When the battle starts 2 enemies become part of your troops, making a 4 vs 6 battle.

Knowing that this could be quite difficult to implement maybe you could find a way so that each monk unit adds +5 Tactics to your party. He would also fight in the battlefield as well, as any other unit.

Back
Top Bottom