Admirals & Generals: War in Acadia

Users who are viewing this thread

Austupaio said:
I know that you guys are too ADHD to show any respect to the host list or the people on it, but some of us decided to stick with the boycott.
Fine, give him my slot and I'll just wait until next year to host.

I already told you the compromise we all came to, a new BoP-Lite Host List goes up, officially, and he can sign up for it properly instead of the sneak-attack business. No true harm done.

That's fine and well, but I was due to host soon anyways so he can take my slot for now, rather than closing the game already in session. I'm fine with getting bumped to the end of the list if it means he can actually keep playing without people derailing the thread.

I am completely ignorant to everything that is happening right now. But why cant we all just chill and enjoy the RP? Is it really the end of the world if two RPs are up at the same time? If you just keep looking you will find a way to compare any RP anywhere to BoP. This seems like pointless conflict to me. There my ignorance is massive dont hate me  :sad:

I was intent on staying as a co-host until people decided to start leaving.

I know that you guys are too ADHD to show any respect to the host list or the people on it, but some of us decided to stick with the boycott.

You promise to bury the hatchet then when things start going sour you just start insulting people? You were completely unprovoked. 10 ata 10

Shatari said:
That's fine and well, but I was due to host soon anyways so he can take my slot for now, rather than closing the game already in session. I'm fine with getting bumped to the end of the list if it means he can actually keep playing without people derailing the thread.
That's not really the compromise we all came to, so I don't see it happening.

MrMelon said:
I am completely ignorant to everything that is happening right now. But why cant we all just chill and enjoy the RP? Is it really the end of the world if two RPs are up at the same time? If you just keep looking you will find a way to compare any RP anywhere to BoP. This seems like pointless conflict to me. There my ignorance is massive dont hate me  :sad:
There's been a lot of discussion about this, and it's not about there being multiple up, but about the fact that Ody kind of changed the name to skip the host list and refuses to compromise in any way over it. We're fine with multiple being up, hence the new host list going up.

MrMelon said:
You promise to bury the hatchet then when things start going sour you just start insulting people? You were completely unprovoked. 10 ata 10
Um, definitely provoked, Shatari just accused me of only signing up to sabotage Ody, which is pretty hurtful.

Austupaio said:
That's not really the compromise we all came to, so I don't see it happening.
Well, I wasn't privy to that conversation and I was due to host a game soon, so that's my compromise that I'm putting up instead. We get the same results, except that Ody actually gets to play his on-going game now instead of closing it and waiting a couple months.

But how about we move all of this to the actual meta-thread, and let this one be about the game?

We shouldn't let a game that skipped the host order continue. That only legitimizes it and is against the point of trying to enforce something which all BoP players agreed to adhere to.

4 reel. You all knew that he was going around the list at the time of the making of the thread. You joined it anyway. Stick with it. You can proceed to boycott anything you want of his in the future. But you gave your signature that you would participate in this one.

I think, due to the recent events and the proposed compromise (that ody may host his game but only after an official bop lite thread and host order are established), that it would be the best course of action for me to withdraw from the game as well. I can't force it to stop, but I won't be participating.

TheFlyingFishy said:
4 reel. You all knew that he was going around the list at the time of the making of the thread. You joined it anyway. Stick with it. You can proceed to boycott anything you want of his in the future. But you gave your signature that you would participate in this one.
They joined the game without full knowledge, most people didn't realize that Ody was sleazing around the list.

I am a little conflicted on the issue. On one hand, the aptly nicknamed BoP Lite (A&G) does seem to coincide with many aspects of its elder version, giving host of said senior game a feeling like they were cheated out of the spot they were waiting for. On the other hand, this version is more simplistic and goal/team oriented, which means that we might actually finish a game...and that the Lite version feels like a better  fit for my game than the senior, so I'll probably be moving my game over to that list. So, let's comprise, and maybe put the game on 1, 2 week hiatus until the official conflict is resolved and a game list is made?

Shatari said:
Hey guys, can we...you know...not make Ody's life miserable for once? You know, just for a change of pace? If you're going to be spiteful, can you at least do so upfront rather than trying to derail the game once it's actually up and running? That would be great.
I am not in favor of making his life "more miserable", nor was I in previous games yelling insults at him.
Past experiences do not however exempt him from our host order.

I think I'll close this game permanently. I can't deal with a whole community on my back.

Congratulations douchebags. You got what you wanted. Just leave me the **** alone :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom