Admirals & Generals: War in Acadia

Users who are viewing this thread

romandude

Grandmaster Knight
UzvlMRw.png

The_Victory_of_Montcalms_Troops_at_Carillon_by_Henry_Alexander_Ogden.JPG

It is the year 1754, and the land of Acadia is embroiled in war between the mighty kingdoms of France and Britain. The war has only just begun, and both sides are hastily readying their plans in the autumn months of 1754. Will history repeat itself, and see the British emerge victorious? Or will the strength of the French prevail? It is up to you and your comrades to decide the ending.

pm4Fq.jpg

Blue = French
Red = British
GXMe1.png

Purple = Military Base
Black - Settlement
8FtrF.jpg

Naval

Heavy Ship of the Line
Ship of the Line
Frigate
Sloop (Effective at commerce raiding)
Schooner (Effective at commerce raiding)

Land

Cavalry (Most effective in a 1/4 ratio or less with Infantry)
Regulars / Marines
Rangers / Warriors (These units are most effective at ambushing and guerrilla warfare)
Militia / Volunteers
Field Cannons (5 men per piece, most effective in a 1/40 ratio or less with Infantry)

British
Commodore Augustus Keppel (most senior British officer, British naval commander)
Lieutenant Colonel Robert Monckton (most senior land officer)
Major Joseph Goreham (leader of Goreham's rangers, 2nd most senior land officer)
Captain Alexander Murray (commander of Fort Edward)
Captain Patrick Sutherland (leader of British garrison at Lunenburg)
Captain George Scott (commander of Fort Lawrence)

French
Charles Deschamps de Boishébert, Marquis de Boishébert (most senior French officer, land officer)
Captain Augustin de Boschenry de Drucour (French naval commander, 2nd most senior French officer)
Militia Major Joseph Godin (Acadian militia commander, most senior Acadian militia commander)
Militia Captain Joseph Broussard (Acadian militia commander)
Captain Louis Du Pont Duchambon de Vergor (commander of Fort Beausejour)
Mi'kmaq Chief (unknown name, commander of Mi'kmaq raiders)

Character Card
Every player will receive a character card at the end of each turn (each turn representing a season in-game). It details the status of your army. It should look something like this:
Character Name: Self explanatory
Total Strength: How many men are in your army
Composition: What the composition of your army is.
Aides: Men under your command with special jobs (ex. spy, naval correspondent, etc.)
Morale: The status of your army's morale.
Dispatches: Special messages from the government.

Orders
Every player will send in "orders" to the host, me, via private message. Your orders will provide a detailed account of what you want your army to do. Here is an example of what good orders might look like:
On the 4th of October my army will move up and regroup with the army of Robert Monckton at Fort Edward. We will then set up an encampment and await the arrival of Captain Patrick Sutherland's forces before assaulting Fort Beausejour in the Spring.

First

Odyseuss said:
On the 4th of October my army will move up and regroup with the army of Robert Monckton at Fort Edward. We will then set up an encampment and await the arrival of Captain Patrick Sutherland's forces before assaulting Fort Beausejour in the Spring.
Darn it Ody! You're giving away our secret plans right from the start!  :lol:

Now on a more serious note; die you French dogs.

The dispute erupted into violence in the Battle of Jumonville Glen in May 1754, during which Virginia militiamen under the command of 22-year-old George Washington ambushed a French patrol.

edit: Well, that was my guess at least.

Shatari said:
How long does a turn last? I'd like a good idea of how much detail to go into for each set of orders.

For you as the French Naval commander? None at all.

Also Ody will winds be a thing, because you know, sails and ****.

Not really. It's more campaign strategy. Implementing a wind system would be too complicated in my opinion.

Edit: Character Cards are done. I'll send them out now. Message me if you have questions

Edit 2: Cards are out.

How is this more of a "campaign strategy" and not like a BoP?
If anything BoP is also a campaign, or consists of several campaigns.

You renamed "country cards" into "character cards" because the character that players are controlling is less important than those of most BoPs.
But if I look at Benkenobi's idea for a space BoP, it also has people not being countries.
Or what about the ideas for necromunda/gang setting, 40k etc. are also all different from standard BoPs, but we still count them as BoPs.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice idea. But I personally don't think it is that different from BoP at all. Therefor I believe it should fall under the BoP host order.
Otherwise people will start making all sorts of slight changes and just host it whenever they please.

I'd just like to notify everyone that I'm dropping because of Odyseuss' disregard for the host order.

Well at-least it's good to know that you agree with the fact that your game is just another BoP game and you are going around the BoP Host-order list.

Back
Top Bottom