Admin - idiot? Yes/No

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why people would get upset by this at this point of betatesting. We have a limited amount of servers at the moment but at the same time we have more servers than we have ever had before just because of private hosting, think about that.

This might be a bit off-topic but I'll say it: On the other hand you can't blame Spanky or any other private server hoster of 'not betatesting' or 'abusing their rights'. It's not just the in-game that needs testing: It's the whole internet protocol and server hosting which there guys are testing aswell and this is why we have these private servers out there, to test and see how well they can hold on their own and outside of the Taleworlds hosting while they are linked to the main server list. And with the upcoming mod testing that some guys are already doing (?) we can soon test different variations to the .ini files that come with the game which makes private hosting even more valuable as us players have a straight way of testing different stuff by changing the files. Basicly modifying movement speed, item costs, everything that can be changed trough the .ini files.

Back to on-topic: Sure a few people might be turned off by Spanky's actions but right now there's nothing us players can do about it. If he does something, he does it and there's really no room for complaining as it is indeed his server but you can always form your own opinions about users here. If you don't like his actions, don't play on his servers, it's simple as that. You don't have to worry about the lack of servers right now as there are plenty from which to choose from, or even better, when the game gets released. I'm sure that there will be dozens, hundreds of servers from which to choose. :grin:

EDIT: Blame, not blaim.

Servers might be democratic when there are only players on.
If the admin is feeling nice he may even let democracy continue.

However, when the admin is there and people start trying to kick/ban him for "breaking rules" on his own server do not be surprised if it turns into a dictatorship very quickly. Then it does not matter whether your a majority or a minority, you gotta suck it up.

I agree with Spanky.  It's like if you own a public pool.  Your pool.  You let other people swim, but you say, "No diving."  You leave for a bit, and a bunch of people are diving when you come back.  You say "No diving."  They say "Who the hell are you, get out of here before we beat the crap out of you."

Are you gonna stand for that?  No, you give them the boot.

Also, how does one obtain these server files?  I may try to host on myself.

Marin Peace Bringer said:
Spanky was in no way at fault here, and also is you want to be historically right, democracy was not used very much, if at all during the games time period  :lol:

That was a brilliant analogy.  Just brilliant.

Argue with that!

I think that here there is a substitution of definition.
Spanky has a server which pays. The server is a computer, operative system, a hosting, etc.

We use definition "a game server", that is by the program developed by Armagan both which does not belong to Spanky and which has no right something with it to do.

What we touch, using a game server Warband and what operations to us are resolved?

My opinion: the inadequate administrator should be removed from the program betta-testinga. There are others of a server where administrators behaves according to the code. This spanky could suggest to leave to us a server. It has stupidly amused the vanity.

Still a question: how can players to make ban to other player?
Here it is often mentioned. Kick - yes, Ban - is not present.

I hope something is being lost in translation, because you can't seriously be suggesting that Spanky continues to host servers, but he can't be an admin on them?! That is just ridiculous.

Also, he supplies the hardware, out of his own pocket, to run the server. Yes the software won't be free once it is out, but he has the right to do with it what he will when running the server on his own computer for everyone else's benefit.

Because people don't seem to understand, I will state it out loud:

Spanky owns the computer that runs the following servers:
EU_Beaver_Duels
Battlegrounds_EU
We_Love_Armagan (seems to be down at the moment.)

Complaining and saying that he should be kicked out as an admin on his own servers is stupid, and will never happen.

Scorch! said:
I hope something is being lost in translation, because you can't seriously be suggesting that Spanky continues to host servers, but he can't be an admin on them?! That is just ridiculous.

Also, he supplies the hardware, out of his own pocket, to run the server. Yes the software won't be free once it is out, but he has the right to do with it what he will when running the server on his own computer for everyone else's benefit.

You have not understood. I do not suggest to substitute the administrator on its servers. I suggest to remove its server absolutely from Warband. At an output of the new version - not to allow to the kid to show the vanity
The program of the betta-test will lose nothing, if 3 warbands spankys servers disappear. Will be new a server with adequate administrators.

All because you didn't like getting banned? Suck it up.

Yes the community will lose something if Spanky's servers are removed. You can't say that it won't, and I won't argue that point.

I'm done, and I hope that I got my point across. Good day sir.

Scorch! said:

Yes the community will lose something if Spanky's servers are removed. You can't say that it won't, and I won't argue that point.

You cannot distinguish a thin line between the rights of the administrator and arbitrariness of the administrator. You there were not and do not know a situation.

Unless you like to receive ban during interesting game without your wrongful operation?

NeuD.ef said:
Scorch! said:

You cannot distinguish a thin line between the rights of the administrator and arbitrariness of the administrator. You there were not and do not know a situation.

Unless you like to receive ban during interesting game without your wrongful operation?

The thing is... You are wrong.

By what I understood... You were in Spanky server and you guys tried to force YOUR rules in it Spanky disagreed and you guys pooled to kick/ban/whatever him

Tell me now... Would you like if you were trying get a Deathmatch game going and a bunch of random people tried to change the server rules to their own rules?

I doubt so.

But your biggest mistake was starting a pool to ban/kick/whatever Spanky I'm pretty sure thats more than enough to enrage ANY admin.

That aside Spanky should've used the name "Spanky" since using other name really lowers the chance of someone believing you really are the admin.

NeuD.ef said:
Scorch! said:

Problem with this is you said WITHOUT your wrongful operation.. From what both what you and Spanky said YOU are the one who defied the owner of the server, who creates the rules. If you are caught peeing on a fire hydrant a police officer will arrest you, even if you say its legal and try to punch him.. Actually more so. YOU are the one at fault, and you just need to accept that.. Play a different server if you don't like Spanky.. Problem solved.

And on a side note: You said you dont speak english so what language do you speak?

Sir Siegfried said:
NeuD.ef said:
Scorch! said:

By what I understood... You were in Spanky server and you guys tried to force YOUR rules in it Spanky disagreed and you guys pooled to kick/ban/whatever him

Tell me now... Would you like if you were trying get a Deathmatch game going and a bunch of random people tried to change the server rules to their own rules?

I doubt so.

But your biggest mistake was starting a pool to ban/kick/whatever Spanky I'm pretty sure thats more than enough to enrage ANY admin.

That aside Spanky should've used the name "Spanky" since using other name really lowers the chance of someone believing you really are the admin.

So, we have 4 persons, which make DUELS some time. The fifth comes and starts to disturb ALL. To attack on a horse. To attack back. It has not name Spanky, and another (BALCK11111).

What always becomes players when appears player which does not observe a duel rule if the others on a server them observe all?

No, u see.. There were six people against admin and nobody more. Not that analogy. People were playing finely, when he came and began showing off.

So.. Never mind. Moderator can close the topic, cuz now we are unbanned. I can wish only to be more adequate, listen to server gaming community and try to avoid such a ****. -)

P.S. We are russians with Neud.

NeuD.ef said:
Sir Siegfried said:
NeuD.ef said:
Scorch! said:

I doubt so.

So, we have 4 persons, which make DUELS some time. The fifth comes and starts to disturb ALL. To attack on a horse. To attack back. It has not name Spanky, and another (BALCK11111).

What always becomes players when appears player which does not observe a duel rule if the others on a server them observe all?

It wasn't a duel server to start and it seems that it was stated on the server name that it wasn't a duel server.

You don't like what an admin does on his server, play on someone else's server. Simple as that I'd have thought.

Don't like the way the beta is being run, leave. Again, simple enough answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom