SP - General Actual Bandits, something to do in peace times

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

Bandits:

what are bandits, well mostly poor people that went hungry and started stealing until they become more powerful etc, you could call that lore, but in game, Bandits barely present a threat, an actual believable world threat, they are not groups leaded by actual men, it's just roaming npcs there to give you ez loot in autocalc battles. So, what story can a mechanic like this possibly tell. What does the player even has to strategize about here if it's not really something that matters at all.

I know what you'll say "but they affect economy if they kill farmers"this is something that plays on so much on the back of the players head that it never comes to mind

So, what about having bandits actually posing a threat. Lets say the player goes to war, that means he leaves his fiefs alone, that means villages are free from caring lords = lets do some bandit stuff! And so if bandits were a more organized group, where hideouts were actual places and not just a street full of sleeping one shottable dogs, and their leaders actually had a name and a "brain", this means this force could eventually grow and grow until the player deals with it. This brings into table so many opportunities and considerations to take:

-Bandits could grow in number and achieve better equipment if their pillaging is successful

-Villages are in risk even in peace times

-If Bandits are large enough they could even siege castles for pillage (we literally have this system already for lords)

-Hideouts from an area is part of a group serving a leader in a bigger hideout, meaning just taking one wouldn't solve the problem but it would slow it down

-Patrols from castles could be introduced, leading to a self defence mechanic that is pretty much required

-Companion's army could be left just dedicated to find hideouts and killing bandits on the player's behalf

-If the bandits king hideout is found, the player could offer a deal to work for him, leading into bad traits and probable lords defecting kingdom/being kicked out from a Faction or the player could siege the place leading into an interesting battle that would solve the bandit issue for a while until they find another king/leader

Of course I would love to suggest "to become a bandit lord yourself" but this is a conversation for another day

i like your suggestion.

devs could incorporate this mod. it merges bandit parties. i remember a mod for warband that upgraded troops equipment with the troops they killed (for the player party) so it should be doable in bannerlord for parties to upgrade from loot.

I have suggested to spawn a "Bandit-clan" as well when a hideout is created.

Bandit clan
Each bandit hideout is "ruled" by a bandit-clan. Gang leaders might favour a Bandit clan and put their influence behind them. They spawn partyleaders(not companions, "familly-members"). Bandit clans with a hideout pay very little for troops, they have lots(+200%) of very small parties(partysize -50%).

Player as bandit clan: Is a weat dream of mine and has an idea of how it chould/could work but the game lacks too much support for it atm. If this or something simelar became true, I´d love to suggest a way forward!

A hideout could have 1-2 potent but expensive projects, get "prosperity" from successfull battles and spawn raider parties, friendly only to the bandit-clan(Equivelent of villlager parties, mainly T2 small parties. Grow with "prosperity" and projects)

The bandit clan starts at T1, gains alot reknown from victorious battles. When a bandit clan-leader spawnes, its a random-gendered hero spawned from the T4 troop template

The Clan can consume "prosperity" to kickstart a new party(A hero with a full low-tier party) or to re-enfore a current party(a few high-tier units and the party filled up with low-tier). A hero is pawned as a randomgendered hero from a T3 or T4 template.

T3 bandit-clans attracts Looters to join them.

T4 bandit clans can offer lower tiered bandit clans of same culture their protection in a form of "vassalage". A bandit clan has 3 possible diplomatic stances - "Allied Bandit","Hostile" or "War". They are at war with all neightboring clans(in general 2 cities, 4 castles and their villages) and hostile to everyone else.

Bandit-clans are capped on T4.

A captured bandit-clan member is almost allways executed by AI. They yield only their level time 10 from a brooker. Executing them yields relation with all notables in nearby villages and only negative relation to the bandit clan and their "protector".

When all heroes of a bandit clan is killed but the hideout stands, a new T1 clan is spawned.

If bandits aren't dangerous enough, then TW should bring back deserters roaming the world map from Warband. They were like bandits, but more dangerous and well equipped (and often in large groups too).

Back
Top Bottom