About that 65K plate armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

65k? The armour i got i had to pay 420k for it but holy crap it's worth it, and since it was late game I was quite wealthy (2-3M) so it wasn't too much of a huge issue - in patch 1.06.

i have 800k+ of gold, but i can't find any heavy armor, the most "protective" armor that i found was a 32-10-10 armor for like 75k, i want the lamellar/scale armor, no matter if it cost 700k, but i just can't find it (or any other heavy armor)

I think the increase in quality and price should be more linear... right now you can buy a a pretty good helmet for sat 4k and then one only slightly better for 65k..

I'm fine with incredibly expensive items.. infact I kinda want items that are even harder to get, but I also want them to be worth it... Oh and actually show up.. I have 1,5 mil and still havent seen the legionary armor :sad:

65k isn't bad at all, i saw some over +500k. those are legendary tiers. if you reach smithing legendary, you would be able to sell for that same price. lol.
those are usually tier 5, or tier 6 armor. consider the stats different, one would want to obtain those items.

Highest I've ever seen is around 60k. Problem there is it gave like 2 points of armor more than the 11k set. I make about 5k a day so it's not a major problem, but still doesn't seem like a lot of mileage for your money.

I have dropped 70k on horse armor that gives 57 when my old one was 30k for 45 or so, but spending 5x the money to increase my own armor from 56 to 58 between my body armor and shoulders is a little ridiculous, especially when I thought the slightly lower stuff looked better. Could equip all of my companions with the decent stuff and best shoulders for that price.

There should be more items instead on tiers with prices in between!
The 600k armor is ok because you will make that cash when you fight real armies.

The problem is some items are almost the same powerful but very cheap! The weapons the same. And no weapons for 600k. why?

You reach top end gear instantly because there is nothing in between. Too few things to grab.
Agreed, I have no issue with pricing things super high, money is easy to come by. But the fact you can kill some sea raiders and get some top tier gear is hilarious, when that gear is as good as the things you can find for 100's of thousands of denar.

Yeah... As a money sink it's not really effective because they're a one-time purchase, too. So once you can afford them, you buy them, and you're bright back to having millions again because your income hasn't changed.

The top (best imperial armor is over 500k) prices are way too high, and for several reasons. Firstly it's nowhere near the actual prices, yes they were high, but please, let's keep some facts http://medieval.ucdavis.edu/120D/Money.html. By several sources, the prices were nowhere near, given any measure. Secondly the price needs to be kept relative to other things, like livestock to have some sense. Right now a decent armor can be worth more than 1000 heads of livestock, that's wrong, and by order of magnitude. Lastly, sure the player can dish virtually any sum given enough playtime, but most of all your character is just one of many on the battlefield, and you can just raise an imperial recruit to a legionary fully clad in such armor for less than 1k. Where did he get that money? Even with 10 gold of daily wages he's got over 150 years worth of gear.

NOW i have over 1 mil, like 1.4 mil and still no armor, i don't care if it is expensive but i just want to be able to buy it lol, i'm thinking in cheating to get it.

The prices and earnings snowball.
Basically, earning should be curbed and the exponential escalation of weapon/armor costs should be nerfed too.

Good armor was expensive, a real fortune - but not THAT expensive.
The wage of your recruit/milita is 1 denar. Think about that for a second. A denar is not a small amount of money.
Honestly, I think all the prices should be at lest halved and normalized.

NOW i have over 1 mil, like 1.4 mil and still no armor, i don't care if it is expensive but i just want to be able to buy it lol, i'm thinking in cheating to get it.

Read elsewhere that top-tier armor availability is tied to clan rank. I'm almost to 4 in my current game, so I'll see if it shows up then because I've only seen the 60k stuff so far.

Well different sources on internet say different thing ranging from current day prices of 100,000 - up to 3.000.000

but this part was a nice piece, which talked about the exponential cost of tailor made designer armor of well known craftsman...

Since many historians use the infantry's salary of the time as a reference to estimate the cost of armor in monthly wages, we suggest using a similar means of assessment. According to open sources, a US Army corporal earns about $30,000 a year, which gives us a monthly wage of $2,500. Now, this means that depending on the type, quality, place of manufacture, and finishing, a set of XV century plate armor would cost from $8,000 to $40,000 or more. At the same time, a simple set of armor for a regular foot soldier, especially if some obsolete pieces of equipment were used, could cost around $2,000 — but a good one would still be somewhere near $4,000 and more. But. When we talk about this price range, we still mean one of the most numerous parts of the armies — men-at-arms — ordinary soldiers, not the true elite, though their status allowed them to be referred to as “gentlemen”. By definition, those who fought in full plate armor were called 'men at arms', while a knight is a person granted an honorary title of knighthood by a political leader. And the price difference between the regular men-at-arms’ plate armor and knight’s plate armor is huge! It can be compared with a difference between a regular modern business suit and a modern exclusive designer limited edition bespoke business suit. Such armor was made to order by renowned armorers, and, as a rule, had decals and decorations, even if we are talking about combat, not ceremonial armor, and its cost converted by the above mentioned method was in the range of $100,000 to $250,000.

Source: https://armstreet.com/news/the-cost-of-plate-armor-in-modern-money

Here I am sitting on nearly 21mil.. Net income between 1k and 9k a day. Fiefs thrown at me when I don't want or need them. (Most of them surrounded by enemies) I have not found this armor yet. But it feels like pocket money a this point. Steam rolling enemy armies that outnumber me 3 to 1. Kuzaits still rock in openfield battles :smile:

Well different sources on internet say different thing ranging from current day prices of 100,000 - up to 3.000.000

but this part was a nice piece, which talked about the exponential cost of tailor made designer armor of well known craftsman...

Since many historians use the infantry's salary of the time as a reference to estimate the cost of armor in monthly wages, we suggest using a similar means of assessment. According to open sources, a US Army corporal earns about $30,000 a year, which gives us a monthly wage of $2,500. Now, this means that depending on the type, quality, place of manufacture, and finishing, a set of XV century plate armor would cost from $8,000 to $40,000 or more. At the same time, a simple set of armor for a regular foot soldier, especially if some obsolete pieces of equipment were used, could cost around $2,000 — but a good one would still be somewhere near $4,000 and more. But. When we talk about this price range, we still mean one of the most numerous parts of the armies — men-at-arms — ordinary soldiers, not the true elite, though their status allowed them to be referred to as “gentlemen”. By definition, those who fought in full plate armor were called 'men at arms', while a knight is a person granted an honorary title of knighthood by a political leader. And the price difference between the regular men-at-arms’ plate armor and knight’s plate armor is huge! It can be compared with a difference between a regular modern business suit and a modern exclusive designer limited edition bespoke business suit. Such armor was made to order by renowned armorers, and, as a rule, had decals and decorations, even if we are talking about combat, not ceremonial armor, and its cost converted by the above mentioned method was in the range of $100,000 to $250,000.

Source: https://armstreet.com/news/the-cost-of-plate-armor-in-modern-money
I think that pre-plate (XIII c.) era is most relevant to Bannerlord, and even one of the citings in this second source, explains that technology was a major change. Still, nowadays a cow is worth around 2-5k, what makes the top 250k price, like I wrote, an order of magnitude lower than the 1000 cows worth of armor in Bannerlord. Analogically earning 30k a year nowadays, that armor would be 8 years worth, not 150.

I think that pre-plate (XIII c.) era is most relevant to Bannerlord, and even one of the citings in this second source, explains that technology was a major change. Still, nowadays a cow is worth around 2-5k, what makes the top 250k price, like I wrote, an order of magnitude lower than the 1000 cows worth of armor in Bannerlord. Analogically earning 30k a year nowadays, that armor would be 8 years worth, not 150.

I can agree to that, however gamewise it don't make sense. that would make all the villages with cow sheep and hogs extremely rich or you need to nerf their production so they produce 0.1 to 1 cows per month and increase the price of cattle. So they would have to nerf all those villages in order to rework it to your thinking. I can accept cows not being realisticly priced and it wouldn't impact the game much.. But being able to buy BEST TIER ARMOR after 2 hours of playing is just game breaking for me..

I feel like buying best tier armor should take 20-40 hours before even thinking about it. Or you need to be lucky and strip an general of his gear.

I can agree to that, however gamewise it don't make sense. that would make all the villages with cow sheep and hogs extremely rich or you need to nerf their production so they produce 0.1 to 1 cows per month and increase the price of cattle. So they would have to nerf all those villages in order to rework it to your thinking. I can accept cows not being realisticly priced and it wouldn't impact the game much.. But being able to buy BEST TIER ARMOR after 2 hours of playing is just game breaking for me..

I feel like buying best tier armor should take 20-40 hours before even thinking about it. Or you need to be lucky and strip an general of his gear.
Hah I don't care for the price of cows either, it's just an example to illustrate the scale. You can marry Ira for 8k and get a full set of that armor in under 60 minutes. Beside the point IMO. What matters to me, is the fact I can have an entire 300 man troop in said most expansive armors (obviously having it's stats in combat) for less money than a single set of that armor for the main character is worth. It's unreal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom