About Household Guards.

Users who are viewing this thread

tahcep

Recruit
I got 5 of these fellas. Let's say I equip one of them with expensive armor. Do the other 4 get the same gear or do i have to buy it for each of them?

They all get the same gear, but I have noticed that they slightly differ. I put a poleaxe, sword and shield on them and a few would have the axe and others only a sword and shield. Armor-wise they are always the same though

I've been reluctant to buy them, aren't they like 30K each? I could build an army hundreds of elites with that and a few days of training.  Come back and tell us if they are worth it.

Mace to Face said:
I've been reluctant to buy them, aren't they like 30K each? I could build an army hundreds of elites with that and a few days of training.  Come back and tell us if they are worth it.

If you establish a few towns with enterprises and buy up all the land, money becomes less of an issue. On my file some 400 days in, I find them very useful once you have an army of elite soldiers because you can make them into the soldier type that your army lacks to create a virtually unbeatable combo.

Well not really worth it. They're a little better than the custom mercenaries but they're not worth the 10k for a few better stats. Good thing is they're cheap. Like 160 denars, While my hired knights are 800 per week.

I'm at day 125 and I own all the land in 7 towns. Each one is roughly 15k, so a little less that 120k every 2 weeks. Ignoring all my looting and prisoner sell off.... money is so not a problem.

The real value to these guys are:
- They come maxed out. If you think about the time and money you spend maxing out other troops... Their still expensive but their immediate.

- You have FULL customization of their equipment. Custom mercs still have some items not showing for them and are built into roles. You can literally have a dark forest bow weilding, aegis carrying, skyfall sword, wearing runed perisno armor and riding a wyvern. For those that are new to the mod... that's essentially as close to god mode equipment wise you can get. well demi god.... they can't ride dragons.

- They are adjustable on the fly.... in an open field where cavalry would be the best bet.... set them up. or maybe your gonna take a castle, or defending one.... or perhaps an army of pikemen to deal with the pesky Kulaan horde...... bottom line you can adjust them to be whatever you need on the spot.

I am a bit disappointed in their stats. I would have put their proficiency to at least 450 and give them them the riding ability to ride dragons.... but that would be game breaking.

Honestly my goal is to get 100 of these guys kitted for when the Zann arrive. Their really an end game unit when money is literally not a problem and you need the best you can get on a moments notice to deal with the Zann.

They are flexible but there are units which don't cost 10k and are on a similar level. Like the Perisno Runed knights. They wear the most expensive and best stat wise armor in the game. You cant make your households better than this so why give 10k when you get fairly easily get 25 runed knights each time Nox spawns. And its not like he's hard I lose 5-10 people. Maybe if you make them archers but I really cant say if its worth it be because my army lacks in this department. There are probably more cost efficient good archers tho.

Every faction has a unit that is better than these guys. Common troops too. You don't have to wait for nox and if yours just comparing stats,.... yeah these guys would be the bottom of top tier. Assuming 500 is the high bar.

But as I said this is a phase 3, end game unit, where you are an established king and money isn't a thing. Where your dropping 200k on a lordly something to put on your companion or these guys. 10k is what to you make waking up.

What's the saying (Wine glass in hand, pinky out, extra snooty and snob status in full show) "If you have to ask the price, then your probably not making enough to be shopping here son."

Rude jokes aside. Everyone finds value in different units in different ways. That's one of the awesome things about this mod. Enjoy however you wish.

Well you got that right. I have around 600k so maybe that's why I don't appreciate them. Just not cost efficient for me.

Well they are pretty worth the money. If you happen to give them some good bows you can early on use them very well for castle sieges. A Sun Blade + Dark Forrest Ranger Bow and the party rocks :party: If you actually buy them as 5 you pay 30k so its about 6k per guard which is K if you need them as heavy archers. I even managed to beat Realm of the Falcon castle on range with them.

also its very cool when your cavalry (household troops) rides on a big black wolf (quest from the dragon marshall) aracanus armour, a good head, shield, bow and then they are pretty unstoppable.

the good thing is you can change them all the time. ever tried them with leaf bombs  :iamamoron:  :lol: you can even give them flamebringer  :mrgreen:

but all items will be standard so if you give them a cracked or lordly armour its going to be normal after the conversation.

Household guards actually are only option for your own customisable horse archers, because if you give top equipment to Hired Knights (and they can only wear PD6 bows), their upkeep will be around 1-1.2k with leadership 10 (5 times less if you remove a bow...), while households upkeep is around 130-150...

what do you need to do for the house guards to appear? i got a castle saw the option to buy them and i bought some but they didnt appear anywhere

Back
Top Bottom