A singleplayer manual

Users who are viewing this thread

A note regarding throwing feasts as king/marshal of your own faction:

If you've got more lords trying to attend your feast than will actually fit in your castle, and want to get rid of the higher-relation lords to make room for the ones you really need to talk to, just send them on a task to patrol around a far-away town (or a closer town, if you want to see them again in the near future).  When you exit to the town menu and come back to the castle, the higher-relation lords will already have left for their task, and the next lords down the list will now be there for you to talk to.  Repeat as necessary until all of the lords in your castle are ones you want to continue raising relations with, or until ladies start showing up (indicating that there are no more lords in the queue).

Also, try to make sure that the lords whose relations you need to raise only have fiefs relatively close to your capital, because in my experience they will leave every so often to check in at their home, and you want them to return to the feast as quickly as possible.

Ash Plissken said:
A note regarding throwing feasts as king/marshal of your own faction:

If you've got more lords trying to attend your feast than will actually fit in your castle, and want to get rid of the higher-relation lords to make room for the ones you really need to talk to, just send them on a task to patrol around a far-away town (or a closer town, if you want to see them again in the near future).  When you exit to the town menu and come back to the castle, the higher-relation lords will already have left for their task, and the next lords down the list will now be there for you to talk to.  Repeat as necessary until all of the lords in your castle are ones you want to continue raising relations with, or until ladies start showing up (indicating that there are no more lords in the queue).

Also, try to make sure that the lords whose relations you need to raise only have fiefs relatively close to your capital, because in my experience they will leave every so often to check in at their home, and you want them to return to the feast as quickly as possible.

+Talk with lords every Noon for relations boost.

Tripida said:
Yes, absolutely; I thought this had already been covered in the King Guide section, but a reminder never hurts. :smile:

I actually try to wait slightly longer than 24 hours between each round of greetings, just to make sure I don't talk to them again too soon and waste my chance to get the relations bonus until the next day.  I don't know for sure if this precaution is necessary, but I do it anyway just to be on the safe side.

Ash Plissken said:
Tripida said:
Yes, absolutely; I thought this had already been covered in the King Guide section, but a reminder never hurts. :smile:

I actually try to wait slightly longer than 24 hours between each round of greetings, just to make sure I don't talk to them again too soon and waste my chance to get the relations bonus until the next day.  I don't know for sure if this precaution is necessary, but I do it anyway just to be on the safe side.
In the morning trade turns change, recruits wait at villages etc.
But this happen to be too early for lords, noons are 100% safe.

Tripida said:
In the morning trade turns change, recruits wait at villages etc.
But this happen to be too early for lords, noons are 100% safe.
Oh, they reset at noon regardless of what time you talked to them the previous day?  I thought it had to be at least 24 hours from when you talked to them last, so like if it was Late Afternoon when you talked to them the previous day, I figured they wouldn't be ready again yet at noon.  But if they all just reset at noon, that makes things much easier.

OK, I think I've posted this four or five times over the course of the last few weeks, so I figured I'd post it here for easy reference.  If the TC could amend the first post under "Lords & Companions" for easier reference, that'd be cool, too.

All companions are associated with a town; by sending them on a "reconnaissance" mission, they will bring you back all sorts of information about the faction that currently owns that town, including the relation of the vassals to their liege.  They'll be gone about 5 days.  They will always give you information about the faction that owns the town at the moment they report back to you.  So if the town changes factions while they're away on their mission, their information will always be the newest owner rather than the one you originally sent them out to get information about.

Here are the companions and the towns they are associated with:

Alayen: Reyvadin
Klethi: Khudan
Baheshtur: Tulga
Borcha: Ichamur
Jeremus: Halmar
Deshavi: Tihr
Marnid: Sargoth
Ymira: Yalen
Firentis: Uxkhal
Matheld: Wercheg
Katrin: Praven
Nizar: Suno
Bunduk: Jelkala
Lezalit: Dhirim
Rolf: Veluca
Artimenner: Narra, if he's bugged; Durquba, if he's working properly.  He will always say Narra, but if he's working properly, you should get info from the Sarranid Sultanate (as long as they still own Durquba, that is).

As you can see, most factions are well-represented, but the Vaegirs only have 2 towns represented, and the Sarranids are very underrepresented, with either only 1 town (if it's working properly) or none at all (if it's bugged).

I have a query :

If I have placed a garrison, in a castle, and a hero character with Trainer, do these soldiers level up over time ??

Eh? The only trainer i've ever saw in castle was the one i rescured from prisoners after he was defeated on recruitment...
If you wan't to train troops, then simplest option about this i know is using constable to train meele/ranged in XXX castle up to 3rd tier.

Tripida said:
Eh? The only trainer i've ever saw in castle was the one i rescured from prisoners after he was defeated on recruitment...
If you wan't to train troops, then simplest option about this i know is using constable to train meele/ranged in XXX castle up to 3rd tier.

Constable ?  :shock:
How do i get a constable in Warband ??

bon3fang said:
Tripida said:

Constable is available in diplomacy mode and many others that uses diplomacy features.
It's not available in native mod.
And if u garrison a companion with trainer skill it won't benefit other garrisoned troops.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post on but here goes...

I'm currently helping Lady Isolla of Suno in her rebellion against Swadia. We've taken all of Swadia's holdings, the majority of their lord's have defected and there are garrisons in every possible castle and town. BUT, I still have the quest to complete the rebellion.

Any help as to why this is would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The Nords have now declared war on the Swadian Rebels, does this lead the civil war to continue?

BondBroker said:
bon3fang said:
Tripida said:

Constable is available in diplomacy mode and many others that uses diplomacy features.
It's not available in native mod.
And if u garrison a companion with trainer skill it won't benefit other garrisoned troops.

You can't garrison companions, in any case.

hey id liked to ask a question please, you see i play warband as a noble (father was an impoverished noble--grow up as a page in a noblemans court---squire--wanderlust), ive targeted to join the Sarranids, and ive decided to marry Lady Zahira, and ive met her father, Emir ... (ive forgot,,,there was so many Emirs!) and ive talk to em,,,and there's an option to talk private with him,,,but after i picked it he says that he is more likely to speak openly,,,and ive known that that was the option to bride his daughter, and the question: what was the amount of relationship that i can improve to the Emir so i can bride his daughter?

so now i know that wasnt the option to bride the Lady, but still, how many amount of relations that i can improve to make the Emir accept my offer?

Tripida said:
The less you are worth compared to family, the more relations and/or persuassion you will need.

This goes for wealth and especially for renown.  Raise your renown, do favors for him to get his relation up, and he should look more favorably on you.

(Just a note on English usage: "bride" is a noun, not a verb.  "Marry" is the verb; you want to marry Zahira, not "bride" her.  She will be your bride when you marry her!)

May wanna add to the wealth bit go to a tournament, bid as much money as you can and if you win you get about 3K/4K?
Then the next day come back and do it again and you have 7K.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom