A singleplayer manual

Users who are viewing this thread

iksanlegolas said:
hey id liked to ask a question please, you see i play warband as a noble (father was an impoverished noble--grow up as a page in a noblemans court---squire--wanderlust), ive targeted to join the Sarranids, and ive decided to marry Lady Zahira, and ive met her father, Emir ... (ive forgot,,,there was so many Emirs!) and ive talk to em,,,and there's an option to talk private with him,,,but after i picked it he says that he is more likely to speak openly,,,and ive known that that was the option to bride his daughter, and the question: what was the amount of relationship that i can improve to the Emir so i can bride his daughter?

He must be accepting of you before he will allow you to marry his daughter remember to have an heavy purse for you will have to pay an dowry. Cant say precisely cause it can be different from lord to lord. I had to pay 18k thaler. 

I thought I'd repost this here. It's the method I eventually developed to effectively gather together a sizeable court of loyal vassals:

I don't know about you but I tend to build up honour so that far in the game I have a 100 relation with all the honorable lords. The honorable lords tend to go for the pro-commoner  line, and since I obviously want to recruit lords I have 100 relation with, I first try that line. Which rules out ever using the pro-lords line.

If it turns out the guy isn't too keen on that, then I say he doesn't have to decide yet. Then I immediately repeat this dialogue and say "let me rephrase that". And then I give him the claim line. If he's not excited about that either, then there's nothing left but the land rewarding line. Also, most often (it depends on the situation) I only ask for his final decision if he's positive on all accounts, that is military safety, my line, how he likes my court and whatever else I'm forgetting.

The reason I don't use the unification line is that when you're starting out, your kingdom is small and it doesn't sound convincing to anybody. However, having built up a high right to rule by sending out all 16 companions, as well as having participated in many wars, the claim line does sound very convincing. The highest possible right to rule score is 99.

Finally, some people say that it is impossible to recruit the noblest, most honorable lords, since they're often devoted to their liege, and if they're not they're still too honorable to betray their oath. That it is impossible is incorrect, it is just harder. The most certain way I know of is to kill a faction off entirely and wait for a message that a lord you're looking to recruit switches to another faction. Then you should go right away and try to recruit him.

Ha!  A quick look at this forum--at this very thread--will show that quite a few people don't find it "easy," especially at first.

It definitely takes a while for everything to click, especially getting the hang of the combat.  There are a lot of factors to consider.

JosieJ said:
Ha!  A quick look at this forum--at this very thread--will show that quite a few people don't find it "easy," especially at first.

It definitely takes a while for everything to click, especially getting the hang of the combat.  There are a lot of factors to consider.

Well true,combat is the hardest to get an hang of at first,  but once you understand it and get the hang of it the rest will be easy. :wink:

Guillee said:
Even by reading so many guides, I still can't play this game.
  Don't worry, it's not an easy game.  If you read forums a lot, you get fooled by the amount of genuine expertise and equally genuine and shameless boasting, but all of us struggled at the beginning.

I always recommended cheats as a learning tool.  I still do.  For me this game is way too complex to figure it all out the hard way, even with lots of forum reading and all that.

But if you choose to go the hard road, be proud of it and do not give up.

Guillee said:
Even by reading so many guides, I still can't play this game.
Steep learning curve at first, but after that the game is quite fun actually. Mainly I would suggest using the tutorial first.

im wondering how to actually start a war with a faction and create my own kingdom

do i just send somebody out to tell everybody im gonna be king

Hey guys, quick curiosity question about Power Draw and bows : when is the bonus damage from the arrows counted ? Is it added at the end of the rest, or is it added before  the Power Draw bonus ? It's mostly out of curiosity since I have +3 arrows already, but I just want to know at which point a bow's damage can break even with a crossbow's. (I know they're different but you can compare lowest-tier of each, mid-tier, etc)

xAngelxOxDeathx said:
im wondering how to actually start a war with a faction and create my own kingdom

There are a couple of things you can do.  You can ride up to your king and say, "I need to be released from my vow," keep your fiefs and you'll be a warlord at war with your previous kingdom.  You can start wars by riding up to lords and giving them your demands.  I hear you can start a war by destroying two non-enemy caravans, but I've never done it. 

Wendek said:
Hey guys, quick curiosity question about Power Draw and bows : when is the bonus damage from the arrows counted ? Is it added at the end of the rest, or is it added before  the Power Draw bonus ? It's mostly out of curiosity since I have +3 arrows already, but I just want to know at which point a bow's damage can break even with a crossbow's. (I know they're different but you can compare lowest-tier of each, mid-tier, etc)

It counts at the first rank up until around 4 above. So a 1pd bow with 1 pd will have 14% extra damage. A pd4 bow will be effective until pd8. And arrows that are cut will make all damage cut and pierce,pierce. If there is cut arrows.

xAngelxOxDeathx said:

Before you can establish your own faction you need to be at war with the target faction, i.e. have negative relations with that faction.  I suppose you can ride up to any army that belongs to that faction and give them your demands.  But an easier way to start a war is to find a group of farmers that belongs to that faction and attacking them by choosing the "let's see how poor you are...." option in the dialogue screen.  This automatically hits you with a -2 relationship with that faction.  You can follow through and kill or capture the farmers but you can also choose to leave.  Leaving without actually attacking the farmers will still be enough.  However, attacking farmers will cause you to lose a couple of honor points.  That's the easiest way I know of.  Then simply besiege the enemy's castle or town and capture it.  Once you own a town or castle, you get to name your faction.  You can send your companions out to gather "Right to Rule" points  before or after you start your own faction, but it's best to have around 50 or more "Right to Rule" points beforehand.  Otherwise the other factions will declare war on you and start attacking.

Galdus : sorry but I don't think you understood my question. So I'll just use numbers instead of words. What is the correct formula for a bow damage :
Bow's damage + arrow's damage + (Bow's damage * 0.14 * min(Bow's req + 4, Power Draw))
OR
Bow's damage + arrow's damage + ((Bow's damage + arrow's damage) * 0.14 * min(Bow's req + 4, Power Draw))
OR
Something else ?

Basically, does Power Draw take into account the bonus from the arrows or only the raw damage from the bow ?

Back
Top Bottom