A Realm Divided + Normandy PW Maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Av3ng3r

Sergeant Knight
My second Warband map which I created after starting to play PW.
Now working on another map (see screenshot at bottom).

A Realm Devided: Works for Beta2 (crashes in Beta4, reason unknown)
overview.jpg
screen9.jpg
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg
screen5.jpg
screen6.jpg
screen7.jpg
screen8.jpg

Main features:
-5 Castles + 1 Khergit outpost and the main city which is cut in half by the river ( Tried to keep original faction armour)
-1 Castle and island only reachable by ship.

Some other features:

-Outlaw camp
-Taverns
-Herbs found in some places
-Ships
-3 Villages
-"arena" area with a dual, jousting and archery field.

Also a big thanks to Azrayel for telling me how to get the castle names working :smile:

Normandy (couldn't think of a better name  :smile: ):  Beta4

avengermap.png

More screenshots still to come

Currently running on EUA_PW4

It's a quarry, I used a more or less square hole with a ramp leading down it. Thought it was quite original :grin:. I'll post more screenshots later.

Relying on people not leaving boats lying around and admins reseting the decently. When I add the tunnelsystem I'll add an underground link to them.

Herbiazors said:
I like what i see :smile:, i myself is trying to make a map though i suck at it  :mrgreen:

Well, what you need is a lot patience. Especially with Pw maps.

But I hope you'll succeed and good luck to you  :wink:

it DOES actually look pretty sweet - but the main critisism i can say is the fps.

ofcourse every map maker wants to make things look as good as possible and add lots of eye candy - but the reason i find that pwmod are harder than most is the fact we dont really have the luxury of doing this as fps is a BIG issue inthe mod.

so try and lose the uneccesary bushes and rocks + other things that dont provide any strategic bonus and are just there for looks in the open terrain (i do not mean lose decorations in buildings for immersion, just the unnecessary props) - use the scale options to your advantage.

(had to ***** about it because it does actually look nice - but seing that fps counter in the top left is upsetting :razz: )

I must say- I like that you picked "European landscape" and stuck with it all the way through, and made it look rather quite original.

Props to you, my friend; hope someone hosts this soon!  :mrgreen:

xombie5 said:
it DOES actually look pretty sweet - but the main criticism i can say is the fps.

of course every map maker wants to make things look as good as possible and add lots of eye candy - but the reason i find that pwmod are harder than most is the fact we dont really have the luxury of doing this as fps is a BIG issue inthe mod.

so try and lose the uneccesary bushes and rocks + other things that dont provide any strategic bonus and are just there for looks in the open terrain (i do not mean lose decorations in buildings for immersion, just the unnecessary props) - use the scale options to your advantage.

(had to ***** about it because it does actually look nice - but seing that fps counter in the top left is upsetting :razz: )

The FPs counter is while in editing mode and windowed. And i think it's highest res + graphics settings. In full screen mode it's normally about 80fps with highest settings.
But I have also worried about that, but first I wanted to see if it'll work like that :wink:

Herbiazors said:
Av3ng3r said:
Herbiazors said:
I like what i see :smile:, i myself is trying to make a map though i suck at it  :mrgreen:

Well, what you need is a lot patience. Especially with Pw maps.

But I hope you'll succeed and good luck to you  :wink:

Thanks :smile: do you think you can help me a lil bit?  :grin:

As far as I can :smile:

Azrayel said:
I must say- I like that you picked "European landscape" and stuck with it all the way through, and made it look rather quite original.

Props to you, my friend; hope someone hosts this soon!  :mrgreen:

Actually I had desert there before :grin:, but Aldric the EU server owner suggested I'd change it to European because of the rather drastic climatechanges. Quite pleased with the result, turned better out than hoped  :mrgreen:

Edit: The Tournamentsground are now finished I'll move on something else :smile:

Good work.

My only critique having not played it yet is that the iron ore on the rock props that jut out of hills look strange, you should find a better way to accomplish what your going for that doesn't seem to defy gravity.

I am a bit curious as to how you will make the castles balanced. From the looks of the map, wood castle have no advantage at all, really While other castles are on island, cliffs or through valleys.

Perhaps the adding of a watchtower similar to the one on wood on EU_IVes current map? One that you can go out to, safely.

Eragon91 said:
I am a bit curious as to how you will make the castles balanced. From the looks of the map, wood castle have no advantage at all, really While other castles are on island, cliffs or through valleys.

Perhaps the adding of a watchtower similar to the one on wood on EU_IVes current map? One that you can go out to, safely.

Thanks for the feedback will add one later if find a fitting spot

Back
Top Bottom