A question about city/castle management

Users who are viewing this thread

saittam

Sergeant
As the clan leader one have 4 options. How long does it takes for a change to take effect?
Been playing around with those with the idea about getting the loyalty perks. Can´t remember the building name now. Forum maybe.
Maxing that should give 1,5 plus. And having festival that should give 3 plus. But it feels bugged or it just takes a longer time then i imagine to take effect.
My idea is to have a high engineering move between the cities and speed up the building process. But i get too much negative loyalty when moving the engineer.

They have policies in the kingdom to have more loyalty in settlements, i believe up to +4-5, plus perks. You would need to level up a engineer that is the same culture as the city/castle to avoid the culture governor effect. Changing to festival takes immediate effrct but depending on the castles state is why its loyalty might be dropping. You can hover over the loyalty and see why its so low. Most times its a new conquered city or castle and they have low food.

Don't bother putting governors in castles, just garrison + food and the castle will be fine. You can increase prosperity but it will takes ages for any ROI.

Towns on the other hand, definitely max all the buildings and increase prosperity plus installing a good governor on your most prosperous towns will pay back in less than a month.

Ultimately you'll need to ensure some reforms are passed or repealed to keep loyalty high in any non-culture towns. If you have high enough influence passing the right reforms is pretty easy normally.

Running a single high level engineer around between towns is not worth the micro for a few faster days of construction. Getting several engineers might change that but the main way to increase engineering is doing sieges so... kind of a built in limit there.

Don't bother putting governors in castles, just garrison + food and the castle will be fine. You can increase prosperity but it will takes ages for any ROI.

Towns on the other hand, definitely max all the buildings and increase prosperity plus installing a good governor on your most prosperous towns will pay back in less than a month.

Ultimately you'll need to ensure some reforms are passed or repealed to keep loyalty high in any non-culture towns. If you have high enough influence passing the right reforms is pretty easy normally.

Running a single high level engineer around between towns is not worth the micro for a few faster days of construction. Getting several engineers might change that but the main way to increase engineering is doing sieges so... kind of a built in limit there.
My best engineer is 25% quicker building so far. And thats good in my eyes. So i think it´s worth moving one around. But loyalty is almost as important. But if one has the building for 1,5 extra loyalty and festival. Thats 4,5 plus. Wrong culture governor and wrong culture in leader is by my math 4 negative. So with the building and festival one should be at 0,5 plus.
I even added a reform that should give 1 loyalty. And still i get on negative. It just don´t add up. So i´m beginning to think the festival is bugged. Because i don´t see that give effect.

My best engineer is 25% quicker building so far. And thats good in my eyes. So i think it´s worth moving one around. But loyalty is almost as important. But if one has the building for 1,5 extra loyalty and festival. Thats 4,5 plus. Wrong culture governor and wrong culture in leader is by my math 4 negative. So with the building and festival one should be at 0,5 plus.
I even added a reform that should give 1 loyalty. And still i get on negative. It just don´t add up. So i´m beginning to think the festival is bugged. Because i don´t see that give effect.
Are you still in the middle of working on the Fairgrounds or some other ? Daily projects like Festivals and Games (whatever that's called, can't remember) don't run if the settlement is actively working on a building.

Sure, I am not saying engineer is useles since you can move engineer from the kingdom screen but since an engineer has travel time and most projects only last 10-30 days, if it takes an engineer 2 days to move and then reduces the 8 days project to 6, it only saved 2 days or if it reduces 28 days to 21 you saved a week which is cool but really only matters when you have 2 or 3 towns, more towns and a single engineer can't keep up with a meaningful amount of projects.

All projects will get completed in the first year or two of a campaign and getting 20 projects done a week early results in way less extra money/influence in time spent micro with an engineer character than fighting battles.

The festival and other bonus events ONLY work if there is not an ongoing project. If your loyalty is under 25 or will get there, cancel the building projects or put in a popular character as governor or increase the garrison. Usually you will only need to run the fesitval for a few months after you take over a town, once loyality and security increase, raising prosperity is more important.

Back
Top Bottom