a message to the community and developers(From reddit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Real_Fèd 3D

Recruit
(Fourms only, this post is taken directly from reddit so certain parts might look weird or not work and do to the short time i have of this account, i cannot upload pictures to the site, so that i'm not breaking the rules i will not link the OG post until the 25hrs is up.)

I've made this post for two reasons.

A. A response to the posts that claim that Talesworld are not updating the game and that they're just using a skeleton crew.

B. Discussing the ideas for future patches of the game.

Before I refer to B, I need to talk about *A* I have my issues with bannerlord the massive leave, the delays, lack of communication, ect but the reddit posts ranting about this range from "the game sucks, they've gave up" to "Tales world should just do DLC's" that both are mental in their own right, as to just begin on the issue is a mess but alas I'm going to try go through this in a understandable way.

They have not given up on the game, I've put a image above I made that shows the update times, so to all the peeps that keep saying updates have slowed down and or stopped, they haven't it's fine, Calm down. To all the people that have this stale belief that getting on their knees and waiting is going to work, it's not either.

If we want this game to proceed with community support then we need to actually make our voices heard properly, enough Rants about the games development(we've seen enough), enough "warband is/was better", enough simping for TW or endless cynicalism, We need to focus on communication between talesworld and the community.

The amount of communication or the lack there of between Talesworld and the community is okayish, it's something that needs to be mended immediately, I'm going to go through our 'Best' means of communication, we have access to the [fourms] I assume a majority of players have used the fourms and understand that you can put bug reports, ask things, see community manager posts ect, but if you didn't know there it is, i hope with the introduction of Ecem & Nenad to the TW community support team we'll see more from the team, then there is [Twitter] the twitters good for immediate updates and they post frequently so if you haven't seen them I recommend you check it out. Talesworld also has a YouTube that posts half a year, and of course a reddit(Unofficial).

———————————————————————————

# A Message To Talesworld

To begin, I want to say I love this game and its community especially the community support that had to deal with all the hate being directed at them(on twitter and fourms specifically), this section is made to address how communication should be done going forward.

Updates, as for now we get messages on the updates of the game every 8 months or so, and whilst it addresses additions to the game it rarely mentions the future and that has caused alot of issues with the community, now in not going to pretend I'm a community managing master, I have very little knowledge on the matter but what I am going to do is talk about what can be done.

# Direct communication(Road map)

I believe a visual representation of the games future development much like [Duh_Talesworlds Post]would go a long way to helping the community understand "Where's the game going?" "What's coming" and increase the general understanding of the games development.

A *road map* would go a long way for the game and the community and I think for the sake of the development it would help too.

Please use the comments to come up with more ideas for communication as a whole(this is B)

———————————————————————————

# Finishing Statement

I want to end off by asking the butter lords/ladys of calradia their thoughts, ideas, and hopes for the game going forward.

About the Rants, please do not believe I was referencing you, we have all been angry with the development of the game at one point and its came full circle.

If you aren't aware they have a suggestions section with a area picked by the devs/community themselves.
massive thanks to the Staff for being so active and willing to help.

Tapadh leat for reading and good bye. :grin:

It always makes me laugh how people try to ask Taleworlds for better communication while it has always been a problem and despite our attempts of asking them and their attempts of actually improved the communication (which ended up with 2 Community Managers quitting the job) finished in the same or even a lesser amount of communication. Taleworlds is now outside EA so I guess they "earned" not to communicate anymore, specifically their Multiplayer section, I guess the mods taking over is a huge relief now that they can leave it untouched.

You are person number 10000 to make the same half-assed, naive remarks. Congratulations!
This post wasn't made directly for the forums, it was in response to the constant hate on the Reddit, I posted this here to direct people to the forums for updates, as I kept seeing the same post that they have "Zero Communication" or "Gave up on the game" and I wanted to end that on the Sub as it was annoying.
as more people use Reddit it seems a majority of the player-base is there.

I'm sorry if this came across as naïve or yet another rant/Spam.

Last edited:
Who woulda thunk alls we needed was to add a simple "please' to our rants....all this time lost because we forgot our manners goshdarnnit ! (excuse my language)

Who woulda thunk alls we needed was to add a simple "please' to our rants....all this time lost because we forgot our manners goshdarnnit ! (excuse my language)
The "Please" part was because I had previously talked to a person that had made a rant and I didn't want them to believe I was picking on them or being rude.

Seriously? Im subscribed to Reddit Bannerlord and its far, far, far more forgiving and dev-friendly than here.
it can be but looking through the posts there is a semi-Monthly Situation where a person posts a rant with almost the same point over and over, I aimed to target that with the partial subject of the post.

You're correct though, reddit can be more forgiving at times, I'm not the most active on the forums and so my knowledge of it is not perfect so sorry for any assumptions i tried to avoid those.

I'm not sure about how forgiving the Reddit community is, but these forums can be so overwhelmingly negative sometimes. It's okay and welcoming most of the time, but sometimes people in here can respond like you've killed their dog if you say that you enjoy the game.

It feels like it's gotten better and more chill now, but I think 8 or so months ago (maybe more) every other post was like: "I've spent 10 thousand hours in Bannerlord and enjoyed none of it. When I found myself almost enjoying it, I promptly started stabbing myself in the leg to stop it. If you say that you like it you're wrong and a moron. Anyways, I'm going back to play more of BL" (100% True Story, 0 exaggeration).

I've been following Warband since around 2010-2011 or so, I was literally a pre-teen at the time that I fell in love with Warband lol. Throughout all my time there's been a surprisingly constant amount of hate thrown towards Taleworlds by loads of community members. My observations have always been that most of the hate comes from a few different groups, some of which overlap significantly:

1. Europeans: As an American it's hard for me to understand, but what I've gathered from my time on the internet is that Europeans (especially eastern Europeans) tend to be more negative and toxic regarding M&B discussion. Europeans in general represent a large portion of the M&B fanbase, so perhaps I'm misreading here, but NA fans tend to be far more content. I think that's a major reason why the M&B reddit page isn't nearly as bad as the forums: Reddit is primarily used by Americans and Canadians.
  2. Multiplayer gamers: I can't speak to the hate here, because I don't personally play M&B multiplayer, but my understanding is that a lot of the hate and criticism is justified in this group. Multiplayer has never been a priority of the developers, and they've even said as much many times.
  3. Major community members: People like @Ananda_The_Destroyer have been posting extremely frequently for years, and I think it's pretty clear that anyone who spends so much time in this forums are going to become a little bit negative because it is true that Taleworlds hasn't necessarily delivered on every goal. The release date for Bannerlord is something I waited on for the better part of 10 years, and if I was even half as involved as Ananda is in the forums, I'd probably be worse than the belligerent drunk. And mind you, Ananda is practically a saint compared to some other long-time and active forums users.
I think in general, Taleworlds as a developer has done an excellent job in spite of a lot of the hate and negativity thrown towards them. While we could all agree that Taleworlds should communicate more, it is difficult to justify on the part of developers and community managers when every single time they release an update or a dev blog, a substantial minority or sometimes even a majority of the player feedback is negative, from people complaining about multiplayer to missing features to broken beta branches. Big shout-out to @Dejan and all the other devs and community managers that deal with the negativity in stride :smile:

It doesn't matter what haters / fan boys / dev team think, if the game loses followers and sinks into the void, then we all lose.

The game is basically finished so not surprising most developers have moved to other projects.

AW

People on these forums have been trying to get Taleworlds to communicate for better the part of a decade, occasionally they'll make a comment on a thread but it's rare. Good god it's hard to even get a community manager to respond. I'd say Duh is about the only dev I see on here on a semi-regular basis.

You want this community to be more positive but it's hard we most of the time all we get is radio static or if we do get a response it's "not our vision" or "too complicated" or "we'll look into it" without any further communication. Everyone on these forums wants open dialogue but for some reason most Taleworlds devs seem completely uninterested. It's hard to have communication if it's one way and it's even harder to be positive if you make dozens of posts and suggestions that get totally ignored by Taleworlds or submit tons of bug reports that get marked resolved when they're still there 2 versions later and no dev will even discuss the situation.

I've given up trying to interact with the devs. The only reason I come to these forums from time to time is to see if there are any updates and what the state of the game is from players not some YT promotion video. Before posting about how much better the forum members should be about communication maybe you should do some forum history searches first to see whats what instead of telling everyone how to act.

We get posts like this every so often telling everyone we should try to communicate more and we should be more positive. You think you're helping by being but all you're doing is stirring the :poop: causing a ton of people in this community to get upset, then you'll be gone in a few days or a couple of weeks. You want to try to build better communication with the devs go right ahead and do so, maybe you'll have better luck than the rest of us but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:
People on these forums have been trying to get Taleworlds to communicate for better the part of a decade, occasionally they'll make a comment on a thread but it's rare. Good god it's hard to even get a community manager to respond. I'd say Duh is about the only dev I see on here on a semi-regular basis.

You want this community to be more positive but it's hard we most of the time all we get is radio static or if we do get a response it's "not our vision" or "too complicated" or "we'll look into it" without any further communication. Everyone on these forums wants open dialogue but for some reason most Taleworlds devs seem completely uninterested. It's hard to have communication if it's one way and it's even harder to be positive if you make dozens of posts and suggestions that get totally ignored by Taleworlds or submit tons of bug reports that get marked resolved when they're still there 2 versions later and no dev will even discuss the situation.

I've given up trying to interact with the devs. The only reason I come to these forums from time to time is to see if there are any updates and what the state of the game is from players not some YT promotion video. Before posting about how much better the forum members should be about communication maybe you should do some forum history searches first to see whats what instead of telling everyone how to act.

We get posts like this every so often telling everyone we should try to communicate more and we should be more positive. You think you're helping by being but all you're doing is stirring the :poop: causing a ton of people in this community to get upset, then you'll be gone in a few days or a couple of weeks. You want to try to build better communication with the devs go right ahead and do so, maybe you'll have better luck than the rest of us but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anyone who knows me - knows i cant go more than 3 posts without my obligatory Arma analogy but I seen this play out with those devs there as well. There used to be a time (from OFP to Arma 2 ) where the top devs, the owners talked to us almost daily. Similarly, there is a huge modding community over there and there has always been a mutual respect for the most part. I remember the Devs were really aiming high for Arma2 , trying to implement full dynamic destruction of buildings, vehicles etc as well as some revamped AI alongside obvious graphical fidelity update. Now there were alot of roadblocks with such lofty goals and for the most part the majority of the community was very defensive and supportive of the devs because we knew they were aiming high and with the open world nature and full on simulation (of everything even battles unseen) but along came a group of really vocal whiners who just kept trashing the games frame rate as garbage and they were relentless even with all the devs and the community trying to drown them out. It got so bad that one day the owner just said 'Well i guess the dogs will always bark but the caravan must carry on.." -and they went radio silent from that point on till present day. It sucked big time because before that the devs would really listen to the community which of course can also create feature creep - but they had had enough.

The difference here being im not sure Armagon ever reached out to have a good relationship with his longterm fanbase or modding team on any meaningful level.

it can be but looking through the posts there is a semi-Monthly Situation where a person posts a rant with almost the same point over and over, I aimed to target that with the partial subject of the post.

You're correct though, reddit can be more forgiving at times, I'm not the most active on the forums and so my knowledge of it is not perfect so sorry for any assumptions i tried to avoid those.
Semi-monthly is nothing, here is daily.

Anyone who knows me - knows i cant go more than 3 posts without my obligatory Arma analogy but I seen this play out with those devs there as well. There used to be a time (from OFP to Arma 2 ) where the top devs, the owners talked to us almost daily. Similarly, there is a huge modding community over there and there has always been a mutual respect for the most part. I remember the Devs were really aiming high for Arma2 , trying to implement full dynamic destruction of buildings, vehicles etc as well as some revamped AI alongside obvious graphical fidelity update. Now there were alot of roadblocks with such lofty goals and for the most part the majority of the community was very defensive and supportive of the devs because we knew they were aiming high and with the open world nature and full on simulation (of everything even battles unseen) but along came a group of really vocal whiners who just kept trashing the games frame rate as garbage and they were relentless even with all the devs and the community trying to drown them out. It got so bad that one day the owner just said 'Well i guess the dogs will always bark but the caravan must carry on.." -and they went radio silent from that point on till present day. It sucked big time because before that the devs would really listen to the community which of course can also create feature creep - but they had had enough.

The difference here being im not sure Armagon ever reached out to have a good relationship with his longterm fanbase or modding team on any meaningful level.
It's pretty evident they wanted to make the game they wanted to make and I'm ok with that but they said right on the Steam page we want to interact with the community and get feedback. But they come off as disingenuous when you see statements like thanks for your input then you never hear from them again or they ask 1 question then you never hear from them. It shows a pattern of disinterest in community feedback. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it when Mexxico left any meaningful interaction with the devs died.

What a Super duper topic. I haven't played the update still because I was unable to play it on the launch and then when I check out the bugs a week later.... yeah.... that's some bugs, might as well wait till more are sorted out. I've been trying to not be overtly negative when I write posts lately, but when I stream it and I get mad that's just a natural outlet. There are things that are annoying and frustrating. Many of these things have been "in progress" for 3 years now and some of them have gotten worse. It's obviously going to irritate you if you've played the game a lot and this is "guys won't go up the ****ing ladder" episode #350.

So to me, I've played it so much that now I had to back off and wait to play either when smoothed/patched updates have came out or significant finished mods are available, or I will burn out before I can finish a campaign. It's just how it is after playing the game and the base content for so long.

Anyways, I view reddit posts like the copy paste on the OP as just baiting for reddit head pats. Reddit runs on emasculated conformity and worship of false authority where little angry men can downvote an objectively true post about a game because it hurts their feelings. I will go on there and answer people's gameplay questions, but it is not a place for real discussions. Here, there is no upvote, you must actually deliver your point and stand by it, this is better.

I think people should obey the TOS when they post here (or anywhere) but they should voice their complaints as they wish otherwise. Even if it's beating a dead horse it has a benefit for the individual to say their piece.

Back
Top Bottom