A few questions

Users who are viewing this thread

erennuman_mb

Grandmaster Knight
1)Do bandits stop attacking you if you have low reputation like -40?
2)Was the camp followers feature changed? Because I saw someone saying that they slow your group but it never happened to me.
3)This isn't about VC, but how am I supposed to increase my relation with lords? I saw everyone saying like I have 100 relation with bla bla...
4)I saw someone saying that troops have religions. Is it true? Does it affect anything?

1)Nope, but if you help them in fights and never attack/fail-to-recruit them then you can get relations up to 0 and they won't attack. There are multiple bandit factions though.
2)You mean the mules/smith/priest etc that can join when you have a big army? They should slow you. Maybe they left without you noticing?
3)Do tasks for them, help them in fights. If you're in a faction with them you can host feasts or go to theirs, support their claim to centres and being marshal, or just gift them arm rings.
4)Yes, if you have troops who are different religion form you then it depletes your morale. If you have some it will mention it in the morale details section of the player character menu.

kraggrim said:
4)Yes, if you have troops who are different religion form you then it depletes your morale. If you have some it will mention it in the morale details section of the player character menu.
Just to add a bit more information. You lose 1 for each troop type that´s not of your religion, regardless of their numbers. That means that if you are a Christian and you have 50 Nord Archers, you´ll lose 1; but if you have 2 Nord Archers and 5 Nord Warriors, you´ll lose 2.

The loss is not inmediate, it happens every once in a while. A message will show on the low left corner telling you about this.

Articulo34 said:
kraggrim said:
Just to add a bit more information. You lose 1 for each troop type that´s not of your religion, regardless of their numbers. That means that if you are a Christian and you have 50 Nord Archers, you´ll lose 1; but if you have 2 Nord Archers and 5 Nord Warriors, you´ll lose 2.

The loss is not inmediate, it happens every once in a while. A message will show on the low left corner telling you about this.
yep! you gotta go all same religion-type. But, for short term help in big battles I use and lose pagans (I'm Christian). Curious though because garrisoning pagans doesn't seem to hurt Town/Fortress relationship (IDK for sure though). Elite Vikings make great wall-storming hamburger so they are useful. heh, heh.

Well, since I only use Norse guys as archers, it's not a problem.
P.S: A few more questions.
1) Can I have two refuges by building a refuge before attacking sven's hideout?
2)Where can I find some tar?
3) What are spears useful for?

tar, lumber, wool, etc scattered everywhere. you have to begin your mind-numbing cross world trek in search of these rare commodities. TIP: buy these things everywhere you find them an stash them in refuge hall. you'll need a lot of timber especially. also, if you want to "make some moogie" with the ladies hoard wine, jewelry, soapstone, amber, and walrus tusks. BUT do not keep them in your inventory (you'll thank me later).

erennuman_mb said:
Well, since I only use Norse guys as archers, it's not a problem.
P.S: A few more questions.
1) Can I have two refuges by building a refuge before attacking sven's hideout?
2)Where can I find some tar?
3) What are spears useful for?

1.No
2.The northern most country, forget its name, sail directly north from Danmark.
3.Most spear are useless either because they are too short or deal little damage, BUT I always equip a balanced long war spear or a balanced heavy long spear (yes this spear is great, very long reach, so-so damage) because
- When combat on sea, AI tent to get stucked on the edge of the boat, with a long reach spear, they can't reach you but you CAN reach them
- When attack a castle, just stay behind your troops and thurst your spear like there's no tommorrow, almost guarenteed to headshot and headshot and you are safe, none could harm you.
- A spear with a horse is great when you want to attack some dangerous troops like danish elite viking, with a sword they could one-hit KO your horse before you could damage them, but don't charge directly spear-equipped troops or archer or some dude with a throwing spear, they could either one-hit KO your horse or you, the AI is excellent in headshot you

spears in VC are quite powerful, but they are harder to use than a sword (takes longer to learn how to)

Want easy? go sword or a axe
Want hard? go spear

either will do the job once you master them

Back
Top Bottom