A few Questions.... Yes i know There's a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

jungleboy1

Recruit
1. How can i make a large army? I know the starting army is quite big, but when i go to taverns and villages i can only recruit like 3 or so guys per village/tavern. That takes an awful long time if i want to make my army reach 100+ especially if i have lost a battle! I havent found mercenary camps yet.

2. How can i make the enemy AI use formations rather than all out blitz my lines. I have messed around with the PBOD (i think it is) and theres an option to set formations for the AI but its not working for me.

3. How can i take a musket instead of a pistol, i dont want to carry around a pistol, i want to join my men in the line!!!!!

4. Is it normal to have men from different factions in your army? Currently im ally with France but my entire line infantry is British!!

Thanks.

1- You have to level up your character and spend a lot of points in charisma and leadership to have a bigger army, also you will need to gain renown which will grant you additionnal troop slot. There is mercenaries available in taverns, militians also can be upgraded into mercenary infantry of higher quality.

2- AI formations work just fine, if you fought outlaws then don't be surprised, outlaw parties are NOT using formations no mater the option you set in pbod. Faction armies will use formations and spcial orders if you enabled it.

3- It's a weapon, just buy one from a marketplace and you'll be able to outfit yourself as one of your soldiers, every faction soldiers uniforms are available in marketplace based on faction owner of cities (at game start).

4- Have you recruited troops from british village instead ? If you used the british starting armies it will have issues such as reseting the map to native names etc, and it's not fully working anyways. Recruit troops from village of the faction you want to fight for and it will be fine.

Hope this helps, also can you please add, when asking for info/help, if you are playing on the 1812 Beta II or the Beta III ? It make it easier for me to answer correctly, cause there's some differences between the two, and not just uniforms models ...

Hmm, do you think the problem is that im starting with british units? Because i used the french units that is included in the download and overwrit the old default one. or have i done it wrong?

In theory, every troop tree is working fine, the starting army is also using troops i have tweaked correctly, since it basically starting units, of low tier quality.

Just recruit troops from faction village and you will be able to upgrade them to the correct next troop tier, french are over swadia and vaegir, british are over nord, rhodok and khergit, prussia on former sarranids.

There's also nothing wrong in having british troops then allying with any faction, but a roleplayer like me would probably recruit troops from the faction i want to fight for instead of using lot's of mercenaries and other faction troops.

Not sure if you're having a bug or you simply didn't recruit from the correct villages :p !

Back
Top Bottom