97th (The Earl of Ulster's) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting!]

Users who are viewing this thread

[size=36pt]97th (The Earl of Ulster's) Regiment of Foot  British line infantry[/size]​
badge_396.gif
revolution.jpg
"Celestial's"

Website
http://97th.enjin.com/home​

Ranks
Enlisted ranks:

Recruit - Rct
Cadet - Cdt
Private - Pte
Lance Corporal - LCpl
Corporal - Cpl

Trial NCO:

Sergeant - Sgt

NCO:

Staff Sergeant - Ssgt
Master Sergeant - MSgt
Sergeant Major - SgtM
Warrant Officer - WO
2nd Lieutenant - 2ndLt
1st Lieutenant - 1stLt

CO:

Lieutenant - Lt
Captain - Cpt
Major - Maj
Lieutenant Colonel - LtCol
Colonel - Col - Streetsurfer

The history of our regiment

Formed in 1824. In 1881 they formed the Queen's Own (Royal West Kent Regiment) by an amalgamation of with the 50th (Queen's Own) Regiment of Foot. They saw action in the Boer Wars, fighting at Paardenburg. During the First World War they fought at battles such as Mons, Le Cateau, the 1st battle of Ypres, the 2nd battle of Ypres, the Somme (1916), the Hindenburg Line, Arras, the 1st battle of the Somme (191:cool: and Passchendaele. In 1920 they were renamed The Royal West Kent Regiment (The Queen's). In 1921 they were renamed The Queen's Own Royal West Kent Regiment. During the Second World War they fought across the Western, African, Italian and Far-Eastern fronts at battle such as Dunkirk, the Normandy landings and the invasion of Italy. In 1961 they were amalgamated with The Buffs (Royal East Kent Regiment), forming The Queen's Own Buffs, The Royal Kent Regiment. In 1966 they were amalgamated with the Queen's Royal Surrey Regiment, Middlesex regiment and the Royal Sussex Regiment, forming The Queen's Regiment. In 1992 they were amalgamated, forming the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment. Their nickname is Celestial's.

RECRUITMENT FORM:

In game name:

Steam ID(Name):

Do you have a mic, if no will you buy one soon?:

Are you familiar with the 18th/19th century war tactics?:

If yes what formations are you familiar with?:

Who recruited you?:

Anything else you would like to tell us about you?:​

Interested in joining us?
We are currently accepting more recruits. If you wish to join us, please visit our website and apply or add me on steam. My steam name:1stEC_97th_Col_streetsurfer​

i want to join but i dnt have a mic and most likey i wont get one dnt got the money but i still want to play steam id is den1343

I think I was in this reg a long time ago (The reg was maybe disbanded and this is a new version of it) My name was Bloodbeag. I remember the 97th (probably a different 97th) being my favourite reg of all the ones i've been in

Bloodbeag said:
I think I was in this reg a long time ago (The reg was maybe disbanded and this is a new version of it) My name was Bloodbeag. I remember the 97th (probably a different 97th) being my favourite reg of all the ones i've been in

Yeah, I kinda believe that. Especially because the last post in this thread was 4 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom