93rd Sutherland Highland Regiment of Foot **RECRUITING**

Users who are viewing this thread

jaytjuh

Recruit
colour1.gif
93rd Regiment of Foot Sutherland Highlanders

History
The 93rd Regiment of Foot, Sutherland Highlanders was raised in April 1799 in the mountains and remote north of Scotland - the lands of Sutherland, Ross, Caithness, the Orkneys and Shetlands. Most of the men were from "Fencible" regiments, home defense forces raised to check the threat of invasion by France and Napoleon. There had been three such Sutherland Regiments and the last, the 3rd - had emerged from the inglorious Irish 1798 rebellion with a uniquely high reputation and along with the Reay Fencibles contributed greatly to the new Regiment's strength. Major-General William Wemyss of Wemyss raised the 93rd for his 16 year old cousin Elizabeth, Countess of Sutherland. Extra numbers were drawn in 1803 from the disbanded Reay Fencibles, Rothesay and Caithness Fencibles, and the Scots Militia. Most of the remainder were added from the Sutherland estates in a process harking back to the old feudal system. Assembled young men would be looked over by General Wemyss and likely looking prospects would be invited to drink a dram of whisky and take snuff from a large silver-bound horn mull, no further attesting deemed necessary. This was the last instance of the old feudal clan form of gathering men to fight. After this ceremony the men would be told when and where to assemble. Amazingly, every man showed up at the designated time. From the start the 93rd became the most solidly and characteristically Highland of all Scottish regiments. Most of the men were native Gaelic speakers, raised in the traditions of the family, clan and parish. The Regiment now became the "clan" with the commanding officer as "chief". The Regiment wore what they called "Sutherland Tartan", a version of the Government Sett (more commonly known as "Black Watch").

Formally gazetted into the Army in October 1800, the 93rd were dispatched from Fort George, via Aberdeen, to Guernsey. In February 1803, they were sent to quell a brief rebellion in Dublin. During these years they moved about Ireland, becoming quite popular with the Irish people because of their Gaelic language, high discipline and firm and steady conduct. The Regiment in its history would find itself many more times in Ireland. On one occasion a section was sitting in a tavern when a local bully came in challenging them to a fight. The smallest Highlander accepted, rose, lowered his head, ran and butted the bully in the stomach, flattening him. The rest drew their bayonets, cleared the tavern then quietly went back to their conversation and drink.

Ranks
Officers:

Colonel - Col
Lieutenant Colonel - LtCol
Major - Maj
Captain - Cpt
Lieutenant - Lt
2nd Lieutenant - 2ndLt

Warrant Officers:

Warrant Officer 1st Class
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Lower Ranked.

Regimental Sergeant Major - RSM
Colour Sergeant - CSgt
Sergeant Major - SgtMj
Sergeant - Sgt
Corporal - Cpl
Lance Corporal - LCpl
Private - Pvt
Recruit - Rec

How to Join ?
- Steam name ( Inlog name )

- Ingame Name:

- What do you expect, from being in this regiment?

- What is your exp, with mount&blade, and mount&musket?

- Why do you want to join?

- You understand, that dis-obeying the rules, can get you kicked out / demoted?​
Line Battles
Battles:
1st battle: Against 3e : victory for us (10-5)

[size=14pt]Rooster
[size=12pt]
93rd_Col_GeorgeIV
93rd_Maj_Lutais_McLeod
93rd_Sgt_Middlelander
93rd_Sgt_Jack_Taylor
93rd_Pvt_Tordenskjold
93rd_Pvt_John_Smith
93rd_Pvt_Helgast
93rd_Pvt_Gerard
93rd_Rec_Franklin
93rd_Rec_Skull
Rooster not Yet Done​

-Greeting Colonel GeorgeIV of the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders​

Looking good, would have put a picture and more open text, not spoilertext, but hey that's me.

Good luck from the 95th Rifles :wink:

(damn highlanders keep popping up like bloody rabbits)

We have to prepare for this highlander invasion! Either way, I wish you chaps good luck. :smile:

Guys i got a thing if some one can help me if i wana post a image of imageschakes then i post it but then there stand inactive you mast be more online for 2 hours but i am like 1 day online can you guys help me ?

Best of luck, from the 2nd Nottinghamshire Regiment of Foot.

Alrough, I like forum posts with some more pictures etc. Still nice page.

Great Regards,
Colonel H. Austin

Steam name- Xxjawasman

In game name- SGT_MiniMuffins

What do i expect from being into this regiment- well i dont know really what to expect from being in this one but it seems to be a fun and really cool one and i think it would be fun to know once in awhile i have someone watching my back while i watch theirs.

What is my exp from this game-well i've been play mount and blade for about 4 to 6 months now and i figured out im really good with close combat, riding, shooting while riding, and slashing while riding.

Why do i want to join- i wanna join because i've always liked the highland troopers saw this was recruiting and thought well maybe they could use a extra man. Plus this looked like a pretty cool one.

Do i understand if i break any rule i will be punished- yes i do understand that i will be kicked out or demoted there wouldnt be rules and if you break them the rules apply.

Extra comment (if i may)- i would love to be in a reg and if this could be the one i join i would love it.

Back
Top Bottom