Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
I wanted to raise the problem of the lack of logic in the policies pursued by other countries. The southern empire, having one city and three castles, declared war on me and demanded 15,000 tribute. When the trebuchets were standing under the last castle, the emperors softened and reduced their demands to 5,000 in tribute.

The effect is that small countries are very burdensome and force me to be quickly eliminated or to pay sick taxes.

Additionally, I am surprised that clans from defeated countries are more willing to move to the failing state than to me. (maybe because I beat them). I will add that I am an ordinary lord, not a king, so I cannot recruit anyone. This is my king's incompetence or another annoying mechanic.

Media (Screenshots & Video):
3531b64a42b03ba02b9b03dd00dc1551.jpg

Depends on how wealthy you the player is, but you can actually recruit clans into your kingdome - if those clans is still in a kingdome.

Usually the clans will ask for 300-500k Denars to join.
To convince them to join, you need to typically make 3 dialouge persuasion (theese are usually relative rough).
To help to convice - have high relation with the lord(ideally minimum 30) this will let you pick "friend" option which means you only need to persuade them 2 times.

As for the issue of payment logic or its flaw - I've tried to point out to TW that its flawed for sure before.
The reason why its getting skewed like that is because of when the kingdome thinks of its overall "strength" it calculate its number of clans - so in this case Southern Empire have "the advantage" of haveing 3 more clans in the kingdome. (Even if they are mercenaries).

The whole system is really if you let me be honest - garbage.

Not only do you only get a 30 day of peace, because you know that as soon as its done they will declare war again, and never form armies typically and just raid.

An easy way to build good relations with lords in factions that you want to recruit, is to release prisoners of the clan when you defeat them.

Overall this part of the game you are in, is the most frustrating as it leads to a chain war or endless war state - read it can be frustrating to say the least.

Depends on how wealthy you the player is, but you can actually recruit clans into your kingdome - if those clans is still in a kingdome.

Usually the clans will ask for 300-500k Denars to join.
To convince them to join, you need to typically make 3 dialouge persuasion (theese are usually relative rough).
To help to convice - have high relation with the lord(ideally minimum 30) this will let you pick "friend" option which means you only need to persuade them 2 times.

As for the issue of payment logic or its flaw - I've tried to point out to TW that its flawed for sure before.
The reason why its getting skewed like that is because of when the kingdome thinks of its overall "strength" it calculate its number of clans - so in this case Southern Empire have "the advantage" of haveing 3 more clans in the kingdome. (Even if they are mercenaries).

The whole system is really if you let me be honest - garbage.

Not only do you only get a 30 day of peace, because you know that as soon as its done they will declare war again, and never form armies typically and just raid.

An easy way to build good relations with lords in factions that you want to recruit, is to release prisoners of the clan when you defeat them.

Overall this part of the game you are in, is the most frustrating as it leads to a chain war or endless war state - read it can be frustrating to say the least.
Thank you very much for your comment, I fully agree with it. I saw the option of bribing an enemy clan, but it probably only works if it belongs to a nation. I couldn't recruit clans of defeated countries or mercenaries. I could possibly pay for the room. Then nothing.

As for the moment in the game I'm at. Yes, he is annoying. I started loading the game every time a random enemy declared war because I couldn't play normally.
I know it's cheating, but I feel like declaring war at this point is completely random. In the five restarts, I have five completely different scenarios.

For comparison, the Huzai country has just declared war on me.

Mine/theirs:

Clans 13/11

Cities 32/4

Castles 41/9

And they still demand 15,000 denarii in tribute.

I dont know what platform you play on, but if you are on pc - get Diplomacy mod this helps alot.
This have things that will let you warfatigue, you can set peaceduration etc.

The thing that really is "wrong" is that in Warband it was war based on rng created "causis belli" while in Bannerlord you have this system.
Bannerlords system is just basically imo based on cowardly and predatory warmonger logic.
The old system in Warband was much better, as it was random, you didnt know that as soon as the peacetreaty is over you will be back at war.

Basically in the endgame like that it really gets frustrating, and I would just form my own army and just siege the weakest of the enemies we are with until they are no more.
Even if the stupid ai-lords of my realm wont help out on the other fronts, by just destroying the kingdome its just 1 less to worry about.

Next war in 30 days you'll get all that lost land back so..

Just that you know that it will come, it just takes the randomness and typically leads to relative quick demise of 2 factions on the map its only abit a question of which based on player to some degree and that first rng on who the ai decide to gank(typically its Southern, Western or Battania) in my plays.

It's based on the fact that the game is Boring as F without wars, keeping the player under stress, fighting many wars at the same time, stops the player from realizing that the game has no late-game depth, and is boring as F.

Case in point, I was very good friends with Vlandia, doing many quests for them. Didn't stop them from declaring war against me, as well as 2 other factions ... why ? ... because "constant war". Constant war might be acceptable IF the battles were in-depth and realistic ... nope ! AI is too weak for that.

Ug.

I dont know what platform you play on, but if you are on pc - get Diplomacy mod this helps alot.
This have things that will let you warfatigue, you can set peaceduration etc.

The thing that really is "wrong" is that in Warband it was war based on rng created "causis belli" while in Bannerlord you have this system.
Bannerlords system is just basically imo based on cowardly and predatory warmonger logic.
The old system in Warband was much better, as it was random, you didnt know that as soon as the peacetreaty is over you will be back at war.

Basically in the endgame like that it really gets frustrating, and I would just form my own army and just siege the weakest of the enemies we are with until they are no more.
Even if the stupid ai-lords of my realm wont help out on the other fronts, by just destroying the kingdome its just 1 less to worry about.

Next war in 30 days you'll get all that lost land back so..

Just that you know that it will come, it just takes the randomness and typically leads to relative quick demise of 2 factions on the map its only abit a question of which based on player to some degree and that first rng on who the ai decide to gank(typically its Southern, Western or Battania) in my plays.
I play on PC without mods, but it's a big sacrifice. Otherwise, every error I reported could have been the result of a mod and not a game bug. Too much work but I miss the mod with torches and fire arrows.
Not to mention diplomacy or realistic battle...

I play on PC without mods, but it's a big sacrifice. Otherwise, every error I reported could have been the result of a mod and not a game bug. Too much work but I miss the mod with torches and fire arrows.
Not to mention diplomacy or realistic battle...

Tbh should play with mods at this point, unless you play specificall vanilla just to be able to report on bugs.

The game is so great until "that point" where you just end up in endless/chain wars, where its just non-stop with 0 down time.
While I get it that some ppl want that, but if they just want constant war they can use the skirmish to get that fix.
Sandbox and Story, you should have more peace so you can help out with kingdome issues(like clearing hideouts etc).

Even if the non-combat is abit limited to say the least, it still should be easier to get peace than it currently is, or if you get locked in peace for too long, its rarely an issue to instigate one easily.

With the mods installed I get abit more organic games though, while to some degree some factions do fare awfully, its atleast a shot at comeback.
Specially with Vanilla plus and its high chance of revolts, and how those cities go back to original faction, I've seen factions bounce back more than once.

Install the mod and just forget about the frustrating mechanics that isnt all that great.
With other mods, you can add in alot of non-combat things aswell.
Feast, hold court etc.

It's a big dilemma whether to have fun with the mods or try to get a better bannerlord.

It gets quite interesting when you add plot elements to this annoying moment - on one side of the map you have an enemy to kill and on the other side of the map you have conspirators to catch.

I don't think taleworlds has an easy task because it can't steal ideas from mods which are often brilliant
Tbh should play with mods at this point, unless you play specificall vanilla just to be able to report on bugs.

The game is so great until "that point" where you just end up in endless/chain wars, where its just non-stop with 0 down time.
While I get it that some ppl want that, but if they just want constant war they can use the skirmish to get that fix.
Sandbox and Story, you should have more peace so you can help out with kingdome issues(like clearing hideouts etc).

Even if the non-combat is abit limited to say the least, it still should be easier to get peace than it currently is, or if you get locked in peace for too long, its rarely an issue to instigate one easily.

With the mods installed I get abit more organic games though, while to some degree some factions do fare awfully, its atleast a shot at comeback.
Specially with Vanilla plus and its high chance of revolts, and how those cities go back to original faction, I've seen factions bounce back more than once.

Install the mod and just forget about the frustrating mechanics that isnt all that great.
With other mods, you can add in alot of non-combat things aswell.
Feast, hold court etc.

Back
Top Bottom