91st (Argyllshire Highlanders) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

Treble

Recruit
The 91st Argyllshire Highlanders are now recruiting!. Here is a small ammount of information about the regiment!If you would like to join, add dartforce on steam!

[size=14pt]91st (Argyllshire Highlanders) Regiment of Foot

The 91st Highlanders were in the retreat that ended at the Battle of Corunna with Sir John Moore's Army in 1808. This was the beginning of the long Peninsular War. In 1809 the regiment was sent to Holland on the less auspicious Walcheren Campaign. In 1812 the 91st were sent back to Spain to fight in the Peninsular War in the Duke of Wellington's Army. They fought at the Battles of Vittoria in June 1813, Sorauren in July, Nivelle in November and Bayonne in December. In 1814 the 91st were heavily involved in the fighting in Southern France that led to the Battle of Toulouse in April which finally saw the end of the Peninsular War.

After a brief period in Ireland the 91st were shipped off to Belgium in early 1815, where they were stationed when Napoleon escaped and raised his Army and headed toward the Allied armies in Flanders.

The 91st, under the command of Lt.Col. Sir William Douglas, were based in Major General George Johnstone's 6th Brigade in Sir Charles Colville's 4th Division. They distinguished themselves at the battle of Quatre Bras and then did not fight at the Battle of Waterloo but were based at Halle guarding the right flank of Wellington's Army. On 25 June they took the town of Cambrai.

21 March 1871

91st Argyllshire formed the honor guard for the wedding of Princess Louise to John Douglas Sutherland Campbell, Marquis of Lorne and later 9th Duke of Argyll, at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle. For this service the regiment was renamed 91st (Princess Louise's Argyllshire Highlanders) Regiment of Foot in 1872.

It does..but it isnt suppose to be a regiment to copy the 92nd, the 93rd are their own thing and to be honest, you cant beat Donald and his gang!

This is all correct, the 93rd Sutherland Highlanders are a historical regiment which did not fought in the Napoleonic Wars though. They were stationed in America for service there, like the 78th Fraser Highlanders. Treble contacted me before creating this fine and traditional Regiment of Foot and asked for my permission (which he didn't had to). I really much appreciate his gentlemen behaviour and I wish him my best luck for his new project!

And if you need any help, you still have the 92nd horn.

Best regards,

Colonel Donald MacDonald of the gallant 92nd Gordon Highlanders

Treble? Create his own regiment? Why I would've never of guessed :grin:

As we all know you look great in a kilt so you'll have no problem attracting the ladies, good luck !!

Vicccard said:
We really should form a highlander brigade in a lb  :mrgreen:

Ill need to borrow some men :wink:, ill look tiny next to the other regiments  :grin:

Thanks for all the messages, guys.

Back
Top Bottom