867 A.D. - Lords of War +++ RELEASED FOR 0.903 +++

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, my first thought on seeing the new release was 'How will this affect Markus?'
I mean, I'm sure the new version is cool (dl'ing now), but I'm more excited about this mod. If we get a vote, I'd like to say stick it out with .903, then do the re-tuning when they've got the bugs out of this version. Hell, you could even just do that as the first step toward 1.0.

I'll not be uninstalling .903 just in case.  :smile:

Rust said:
So Markus...

Will the release of .950 delay the 867 A.D release? or will you still go for the .903 release first?
well, first off, it would make me sad if he released it on the new version first :sad:
second, he already has beta testing on .903.  Why would he have all this work done for THIS version, then have to wait for the new module system to be released, then have to port it to the new version.

Whatever changes they've made in .950 have completely borked BRFedit so you may as well carry on.

Nahkuri said:
Yes. I'm keeping 903 pretty much only for this mod.
and others... I'm not too convinced about 0.950 yet.
Especially the strange way of riding that looks more fit for a horse show, than galloping to war  :???:

I say release it for 0.903. Besides, it'll take a while for 0.95x to become stable.

Yes. There isn't really much which screams out "OMG, new version MUST be modded" like we did between 0.808 and 0.89- onward. Nothing that interesting modwise except perhaps the new animation stuff (with regards to those pots shattering etc)

LCJr said:
Whatever changes they've made in .950 have completely borked BRFedit so you may as well carry on.

That pretty much decides it.

I'll continue working towards a 0.903 release.

Well, at least I will once this 84-hour work week is done.

Ok, banners have been changed to something more period relevant. (though far from historically accurate)

However, there is a problem. The meshes used for map flags and the meshes used for in-game flag items use the same texture file. The problem lies in the way the relevent meshes are skinned. Example:

In-game:

On-map:

At this point in time, I really couldn't be arsed finding a work around. So, when you're playing, it's not a 'bug' issue; it's a 'Markus couldn't be ****ed over so minor a deal' issue.

In other news:

+ I've changed some of the arena code to get around the odds problem. Arena fights now have much bigger payouts - however, the arena fighters are now a lot tougher...
+ Npc's have had their attributes and equipment clipped. You'll now be responsible for building them up yourself.

What's left to do?

+ A few new NPC's.
+ Fix the in-game equippable banner issue. (It should be sitting in the left hand as a shield item)
+ Redo the map. It's too big. Too much open space.

Nearly there then?

I haven't installed 0.950, cos I live for the mods, and I can't wait for this one.  It's a bank holiday weekend, so would be great timing if we get a release in the next couple of days...?

I wouldnt count on it, I would much rather wait, and get a .950 release thats absoulutely awesome, than get an incomplete version. I think it would be very worth the wait.

rmancrusader said:
I wouldnt count on it, I would much rather wait, and get a .950 release thats absoulutely awesome, than get an incomplete version. I think it would be very worth the wait.
Does someone know where this guy lives? It would give more time for the gagging, binding of limbs together and dumping in a river (thats a joke, im not a sycopath)
Basicly we want the mod now and the module file isnt even out yet for 9.5

As I understand it, the mod is nearly ready for the current version.  Makes sense to release it now.  If they aim for a 0.950 release, by the time it's all been ported over, we'll be on 1.0, there's really no point.

From everything I've seen, Markus II is bringing us an innovative, unique mod in which he has poured a lot of time into. I don't think anyone is an a position to hurry him or pressure him for a release. I think that a release will be soon, and for .903, and there is no need to badger Markus for this.

I am both excited and enthralled that someone has spent so much time and effort on a modification for M & B that actually appeals to such a mass and that many forum members are quite dedicated to posting their comments and praise.

All I can say is, Markus, keep up the good work, and I, like many others, are watching intently and graciously anticipating a release soon. I feel very enthusiastic about this mod, and really do hope that it becomes a well regarded mod, as I am sure it will!

I am rather drunk, and am also very surprised if there aren't many spelling misytakes in this post.

Anyway! Brill stuff!

I'm off to bed,.

Thanks for the support Buzvonlurt, even if it was the liquor talking. :wink: :razz:

Just to clarify, i'll be releasing the mod for M&B 0.903.

Depending on how the final release (M&B Version 1) goes, I may port it. (If I have the knowledge and ability to do so)

Those will be the only releases of 867 A.D. - Lords of War. (Aside from the possibility of patches)

Now, I'm going back to tearing my hair out over wings3d and these fracken' banners that should be sitting in people's fracken' left hand...  :evil:

Ok, with a lot of help from Raz, I'm managed to position the banners correctly. The shield position isn't perfect, but it at least means that the soldier holding it can carry a weapon instead of attacking with the banner.

Screenshots:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom