l0ughn3y said:
stoned-dude said:
l0ughn3y said:
stoned-dude said:
l0ughn3y said:
got another person eagerly awaiting his chance to rob christian merchants

rob AND kill  :mrgreen:

uh, and thanks for the comment

ok the kill is a bit harsh and profitless rob n capture and turn into slaves lol that way you make constant money lol   :twisted:

sometimes you have to forget profits, and simply do it for the fun of it, you know? enjoy yourself

ahhhh the joys of killing for the sake of killing christian merchants lol

It'll save any rainy day, if you ask me  :razz:

stoned-dude said:
l0ughn3y said:
stoned-dude said:
l0ughn3y said:
stoned-dude said:
l0ughn3y said:
got another person eagerly awaiting his chance to rob christian merchants

rob AND kill  :mrgreen:

uh, and thanks for the comment

ok the kill is a bit harsh and profitless rob n capture and turn into slaves lol that way you make constant money lol   :twisted:

sometimes you have to forget profits, and simply do it for the fun of it, you know? enjoy yourself

ahhhh the joys of killing for the sake of killing christian merchants lol

It'll save any rainy day, if you ask me  :razz:

ahh i agree many siding with victorious norsemen screaming odin and the like while there attacking kneeling mumbling christians lol

you wouldn't believe i was a born christian would you ???? lol

So was I, but that changed  :mrgreen:
anyway, as not to fill the entire tread with comments about slaying chirstians, here's a screenshot of another axe

stoned-dude said:
So was I, but that changed  :mrgreen:
anyway, as not to fill the entire tread with comments about slaying chirstians, here's a screenshot of another axe

ahhh dat be the perfect axe for slaying christian merchants right stoned-dude

nope! if you can't find something nice to say, make a model and post a screenshot - the philosophy of the modellers
Axes being a favourite (also for slaying christians, l0ughn3y) 

Naridill said:
Let's eliminate the unlikelies, then.

San Francisco will probably not even make the map. Helsinki and Baghdad likewise.

lol, hilarious just asking because it seems very cornwell inspired so i was thinking it might be an idea to list names from cornwells books.....

Well, i've just finished seven days of 12 hour night shifts at the hospital where I work, so it's only a little update this time...

I've given the character creation process a bit of a revamp. Here's a multi-screenshot: (minus the artwork....)

Basically, the creation can be broken down into three sections:

#1 - Lineage. Fairly stock-standard stuff. Rich, Poor and Average. Effects equipment/skills/attributes/gold/retinue.
#2 - Childhood. Similar to the above. More changes to equipment/skils/attributes.
#3 - Kingdom. Where you hang your hat. Has a (small) effect on starting relations with other factions. (eg. Wessex - Gives a positive relation with Wessex, neutral relation with Mercia and East Anglia, negative relation with the Danes and Britons. Of course, if you don't want a starting relation, choose the masterless option. You lone wolf you...

Starting faction relation also effects which factions troops you'll start with. (providing you've chosen a background that allows for a retinue...)

GodsHand said:
Looks AMAZING! When'll it be released?

Mizari said:
Any idea of when this mod will be released?

Hard to say. There's a lot of work ahead of me and Real-Life™ continues to be demanding. I've still got a heap of dialog stuff to get through, plus the new map, new quests and the new scenes. Not to mention plugging Stoned's new weapons in...

In short, I'm hoping to get it out before the next M&B release... :???:

l0ughn3y said:
what are going to be the main cities in this then?

Well, there's a few...

I'm still seeking out Saxon/Danish/Welsh spellings/importance of a lot of them. Suffice to say, the likely capitals will be Ledecestre (Mercia), Eoferwic (Danes), Colchester (East Anglia), Wintanceaster (Wessex) and Llancarfan (Britions).

All looking good. Will there be a Northumbrian and Alban faction? The northern half of Northumbria remained relatively independent of the Danes, under "Earls" who ruled from Bebbanburgh and claimed descent from the Idings, who were the old Kings of Northumbria.

And Alba (the Kingdom of Scots and Picts) was a fairly major power - in fact the first of the modern British countries to form as a true state. Constantine I was the king in 867. Also, the Kingdom of Strathclyde still existed at this time, based at Alt Clud (Dumbarton rock), and may have stretched as far south as Cumbria.

Amazing what one can achieve when one sets his mind to it.

Started fiddling with the edit mode this morning. Many frustrating, hair-pulling hours later...

...I figured out how to build towns.  :grin:

Some work in progress shots of Lundene:

Thoughts? Comments?

Markus II said:
Some work in progress shots of Lundene:
*Pics*
Thoughts? Comments?
Looking good.
Long wooden houses with straw roof (or what you call it?)
It looks as if the houses are centered around a middle.
And I especially like the well in the town centre.
That should be typical for that period.
Excellent. Mission complete  :smile:

Models done so far
Swords: 2
Seaxes: 8
Axes: 10
Spears: 4
Javalin: 1
total: 25

I'll add a few more swords (the new native swords are great, so you properly don't new so many new ones) and a couple of axes (yes, I love those) and the basics should be done, and I'll send the stuff over. I might try and make an atgejr, but i'm not sure those were used in England

If you're using the Hundred Years War chain mail textures, I'd recommend you retexture the metal to match with either the original mail texture (the Native mail shirt and pre-890+ hauberk) and/or the new mail texture (i.e. the current hauberk). The HYW ones are brighter than Native. I believe Dark Age: Viking Raiders has variant items for the two metal shades.

yeah, swords were rare! One of the sagas tell that a good, patternwelded sword cost the same as a farm! It's really only for jarls and their hirdsmen, where every household had an axe, and most free farmers (bondir) had a spear, or a waraxe. Seaxes were as much tools as they were weapons (except the "langsax", which was a weapon) I hate when people present vikings as all having swords, axes and mail-armour...most vikings could hardly afford a helmet, let alone a sword! Therefore, i focus on axes and seaxes, and of course, spears

edit:
My rambling aside, here's a new axe ^^
It's a bredbile or 'broadaxe'. It's designed for cutting up wood for shipmaking, but it can cut up a man, too

edit2
sigh..at least my sleeplessness can be harnessed into something constructive (or perhaps destructive); axes (sorta happy about how this one turned out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom