6v6 mode, multiple lives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys haven't even seen how to game type plays out. People complained when the first multiplayer game-play was released also. The fact is most native players don't like change, it's taken you 6 years to begin making a server side mod with minor changes.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
You guys haven't even seen how to game type plays out. People complained when the first multiplayer game-play was released also. The fact is most native players don't like change, it's taken you 6 years to begin making a server side mod with minor changes.

There are multiplayer server mods (for native clans) prior to 2010...

Hero_of_Ferelden said:

Changes are usually hard to accept. That's a reason why people force them and they either succeed or fail.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Fehnor said:

What I meant was balance mods.

People have been doing that since the beginning as well. I believe vincenzos server side mod had balance tweaks (2010), I made several with the earliest probably around 2012-2013. The discussion has come up a lot and the reason it's not been acted upon is lack of consensus and the lack of any single figure having enough sway and will to force through more serious changes.

However the battle mode itself has been massively improved over the years through the addition of better more suitable maps, changes to the mechanics and better tournament rulesets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning the information I think it's pretty disappointing, saying we can simply make a mod to solve it is also frustrating since mods usually exist on only a fraction of the base games population and it has the risk of splitting the competitive scene between the vanilla game and a battle mode mod.

Of the changes the least concerning to me is the character equipment issue. It's true it adds some depth but equipment picking tends to move towards a singular or very small selection of optimal builds. If you think about what builds you take in warband matches, mostly it's the same.

I don't think multiple lives will be good for a competitive game mode, it's just got a lot less tension and feels a lot more arcadey. I think it's a great idea to have life limits for casual game modes though.

6v6 is also a bad idea, 5v5 tournaments are boring and defensive types of games and provide far less options for interesting builds and tactics.

I am all onboard with having multiple objectives, I am willing to give that a go, but I hope they consider putting in a way to have only 1 life and boost the player numbers, think those two things are definitely the biggest issues.

"If this new gamemode doesn't suit you there is nothing stopping a modder from creating a battle mode." How about just add battle mode instead and let the players choose what they want to play. 

Azan's points are solid, I completely agree.

Lord Rich said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning the information I think it's pretty disappointing, saying we can simply make a mod to solve it is also frustrating since mods usually exist on only a fraction of the base games population and it has the risk of splitting the competitive scene between the vanilla game and a battle mode mod.

Of the changes the least concerning to me is the character equipment issue. It's true it adds some depth but equipment picking tends to move towards a singular or very small selection of optimal builds. If you think about what builds you take in warband matches, mostly it's the same.

I don't think multiple lives will be good for a competitive game mode, it's just got a lot less tension and feels a lot more arcadey. I think it's a great idea to have life limits for casual game modes though.

6v6 is also a bad idea, 5v5 tournaments are boring and defensive types of games and provide far less options for interesting builds and tactics.

I am all onboard with having multiple objectives, I am willing to give that a go, but I hope they consider putting in a way to have only 1 life and boost the player numbers, think those two things are definitely the biggest issues.

Just to clear one thing up (I haven't read the last 8 pages), Skirmish is a PvP game mode, there are no bots. We have a different game mode which lets you command a group of bots against other players: Captain Mode.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:

Literally nobody plays fan made mods in warband.

Unless taleworlds were to be able to force clients to download files from the server, not happening.

Lord Rich said:
Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Fehnor said:

People have been doing that since the beginning as well. I believe vincenzos server side mod had balance tweaks (2010), I made several with the earliest probably around 2012-2013. The discussion has come up a lot and the reason it's not been acted upon is lack of consensus and the lack of any single figure having enough sway and will to force through more serious changes.

However the battle mode itself has been massively improved over the years through the addition of better more suitable maps, changes to the mechanics and better tournament rulesets.

I was waiting for you to post something like this all day, great summery of everything the community needs/wants.

ah yes, i guess i can scrap the idea of hosting large scale battle events on Bannerlord again from the get go.

anyone up for some highly competetive siege events? You have to sign up as artillery to use the catapults and ****, it will truly be like a great nw eve-- wait this was their plan all along

Normanguy said:
Kiano said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Just to clear one thing up (I haven't read the last 8 pages),

Maybe you should

dont be absurd, community manager shouldnt read the opinions of the community

Well considering I was just directed to this thread an hour ago, and it is 23:30 here on a Friday night maybe you could give me a chance to catch up. I just wanted to clear up the question of whether the game mode has bots or not before I go through the rest.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Well considering I was just directed to this thread an hour ago, and it is 23:30 here on a Friday night maybe you could give me a chance to catch up. I just wanted to clear up the question of whether the game mode has bots or not before I go through the rest.

I guess you should read this whole thing. These are thoughts of the players that literally put thousands of hours into the previous game

Alright lads, let us give him some time to read and respond to our thoughts. No need to turn this into a playerbase vs TW drama. Here is a tread in which we can, hopefully, discuss things and reach an understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom