6v6 mode, multiple lives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much every game these days have some form of competitive matchmaking, that doesnt mean its any good, but its pretty much a checkbox you have to tick for a multiplayer game.

My quick thoughts on this: Crap.
I like 6v6 (duh) but the rest of the skirmish mode sounds like a terrible system. Sounds like your controlling bots which is boring, moving a payload or defending an area which meh is fine I guess but this doesnt sound competitive...

To the people who say we can just create our own competitive scene; sure, but it wouldn't be supported by the official servers Taleworld mentioned, therefore it wouldn't have matchmaking (unless thats also created by the community.)

All in all, the more information I learn about Bannerlord the more worried I become. Sounds like they're dumbing down the game way too much.
We'll just have to wait and see, it's not like the devs watch the forum anyhow, if you want to voice your opinions go to the steam forum. I guess Duel will have matchmaking too. Oooh Amibo partnership!?

All of that don't really bothers me, MP game mods such as skirmish etc can always be updated later, they can add battle and modify everything as how warband players liked it. What really frightens me is the state of the raw gameplay of bannerlord; combat. The only glimpses we had about combat are terrible, in this very blog we can see how slow, badly executed, unatural, overall disappointing the combat animations look... Combat in M&B is the base of the game, if it's done correctly everything will follow, if it's broken the whole ship will sink.
Guess it's time to consider migrating on Mordhau, at least it looks smooth and done correctly. Would really break my heart if Bannerlord wasn't the true Warband's spiritual son and too casual friendly. Warband was the best game i've ever played I really hope Bannerlord will stand to its glory.  :neutral:

In my opinion, these blogs are intended for current the widest part of people — single-players, siege new players and who doesn't play this game already, so the blogs are being needed only to warm up these people and involve more to competitive playing, instead of stupid waving the weapon in random sides.

I don't understand, why you, the competetive players, are reading these blogs, hoping that they will straight write: "Hello, Warbladers, and now we make Bannerlord competitive specially for you, the professional players, and we don't care about to expand the audience of (multiplayer players?)".
If we are still participating in the Warband competitions, then TaleWorlds will **** on this fact and ruin the game for you? You are mad, if you think that.
There is already the soil to rise up into major competetive scene, and we just need to prove it and involve new players to think the same.

Gibby Jr said:
Pepper said:
They're trying to appeal to the masses who buy the game looking for large scale battles and such. While there is a scene here on the forums, fact is most people play other game modes such as siege, DM and singleplayer. I think the whole NW scene for ages were massive linebattles. Maybe they're trying to make it like tiger knight..?

But that aside it is a really weird choice seeing as modes with bots included are pretty unpopular except FI2 and that one NW server. People just eventually learn the bots rhythm after playing for long enough and can just cheese them so it does depend how much better the AI is.

TaleWorlds have never been brilliant at communicating so battle will probably still be there tbh, but I don't think we can expect it as I don't know how much of a 'business model' it is to bet on this scene's preferences when compared to the rest of warband?

of course they aren't going to devote a lot of resources to competitive, it makes sense from their perspective. However, they've added matchmaking and explicitly mentioned competitive intentions in the newest blog, so clearly they want it to have some relevance. They should have communicated with competitive players about what to do in this regard; people at TW have never played comp warband, other than Lust who is now gone, so it should have been common sense for them to at least ask some players for their opinions. this is especially true given that there are players here who have played competitive for almost a full decade

Yeah you have a point and I'd like to see it just as much as everyone else here, but when bannerlord releases and the large influx of new people come here will they even care about what we've done on warband? I'm betting shieldbattles etc will be vastly more popular than 8v8/5v5 tournaments, which might be what taleworlds thinks too.

In any case it'd be good to hear from a taleworlds guy about it but I kinda doubt it given the record

They won't care what we've done but it is important that they have a consistent multiplayer scene from the start. Big sieges and whatnot play a part in that but having an obscure game mode as the lead into their matchmaking makes little sense. If they alienate the competitive players (small) and the competitively minded (csgo etc) then I'm not sure what they're left with, some vague casual mode that neither the long term nor the uninterested want which will kill matchmaking. Bannerlord MP will then just end up like what we have now - a few servers/game types of dedicated people but a small scene overall.

They really need to come out with something coherent and gripping from the start in matchmaking. Even just normal duel or 2v2. An overly complicated, multiple lives system is the worst of all worlds.

I'm assuming you can't change your class after you die until the round ends, which just completely ruins the purpose of having multiple lives. Like it'll just be the same thing over and over again basically

I withhold my final judgement until I get a chance to play Bannerlord's multiplayer, but the introduction of strange gamemodes, lack of specifics on whether or not gear customization is still a thing, and the apparent floatyness I see in the combat from the videos has me growing increasingly worried that this is turning into... Whatever the hell Napoleonic Wars's disaster zone of a system is.

im actually surprised they havent done a battle royale mode...
Well, they sponsored a competitve LAN tournament. So they 100% know what is competitive scene like and what players like us need, it seems like the guy just told about the major additions to MP gameplay. Do you really think that there won't be a battle mode, so they tryhard to enlarge player capacity just to make siege bigger? That is nonsense, I dont think TW is that weird and ignorant.

i'd actually take a look at the gif they showed. Animations look reaally slow...

Chivalry Medieval warfare players generally scrim using the Team Objective game mode which is similar in concept to this thread rather than Last Team Standing (similar to our battle). I wouldn't really discount the potential competitiveness of this off-hand, though it will feel very different to battle.

Don't care about MM dunno why everyone wants it so much. Gimme IGBG and the Ludus over MM any day of the week. Far better sense of community and  fun everyone gathering  on duel servers than some boring ass MM ****. Warband always drew people in with the big battles and then mastering the fighting brought them towards competitive. The bigger the siege and dumb line battle **** the larger the pool of competitive players.

I wouldn't say 100% you can't pick you own equipment yet. Looks like that's kind of bot unit selection, as we saw in the captain bot battle **** Pete and Purzel played.

Stop panicking. I agree that the 6v6 weird as bot **** sounds a bit wank but it's not the end of the world.

After talking to Callum I've been provided will a solid response which answers basically all our questions (I hope I can share this).

https://imgur.com/X4LbM1V

On my phone so can't place it as an image right now.

Fietta said:
After talking to Callum I've been provided will a solid response which answers basically all our questions (I hope I can share this).

https://imgur.com/X4LbM1V

On my phone so can't place it as an image right now.

Well regardless I am pretty sure some of us will want battle back. I doubt it will take more than a few months before it becomes a standard again.

Sounds dismally uncompetitive and dull. Bots are just **** and boring to fight without the context of a SP campaign. We will all of course give it a go but fairly confident that it sounds like a poor replacement for true competition.

You're allowed to panic now.

It will be up to modders to make bannerlord great, then. Do not be worried, modding capabilities at least have gone into massive improvements compared to warband, so we will be able to do any sort of things. Also - since you will be able to run multiple mods same time, it will be a lot more practical than it used to be.

If skirmish mod proves to be a failure and not by some miracle turn the scene into its meta, adapting a competitive battle mode is basically a piece of cake that can be done within the first months, given to a collabaration of C#/C++ coders which is quite standard for many programmers.

I hope scene doesn't split into skirmishers and old schoolers by doing so thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom