4 questions

Users who are viewing this thread

katie916

Recruit
its been a while since i last played this mod so if the answear is posted elsewhere please drop me the link

what happen to the female char in create new char
only guys pop up

second what happen to the spys
been to just about every tavern and still not a single one ?

entertaiment farming  what exactly does this do besides give the player a small amount of coin  and is it worth while

with giving a speach  it always saids my words fall on deaf ears
is there requirement for this to work ?

1. what happen to the female char in create new char only guys pop up

You should get the choice to create a female character at the start. I get it in mine.

2. second what happen to the spys been to just about every tavern and still not a single one?

I too was away from the mod for a long time. My observations having played 20 or so hours over the last few days on two different games. It SEEMS that the availability of NPCs like spies & mercenaries MIGHT be tied to events in the game. Reason I  say this: in my previous play throughs (just to get familiar with the game) in which I slogged away very ineffeciently (took me like 100 days to get to level 10) I rarely ever noticed spies or mercenaries. In my most recent play through, in which I am being MUCH more strategic (I'm already to level 14 after only 57 days and have a max party size of 60 already) I started to see mercs and spies within the first week of game time. No idea if this is actually true, but it almost seems that: the better you do at killing bad guys, the more likely NPCs will spawn in mead halls in the area of your most recent successes.

My suggestions to have a fun and not to difficult return to the mod: choose Lesser noble parents-> Retainer Apprentice (or even easier raised at Court) -> Retainer (or even easier Squire or whatever is the more noble adult profession). Set all difficulty settings to absolute lowest. Focus on getting high strength (initially up to 12, then soon up to 15). Grind the arena to get a couple levels in your starting town. I did this and I believe I was like level 3 or 4 before I even left my starting town!! Next thing I did: there was one Heavy Cav in the mead hall and I hired him cause I saw there were small bands of theows in the area. By starting my game by (a) getting to level 3 or 4 IMMEDIATELY on the first day, and then (b) destroying 2 or 3 theow bands on the first day or two, I was off to a great start. The mod very heavily weights renown and the best way to get it seems to be winning fights.

3. entertaiment farming  what exactly does this do besides give the player a small amount of coin  and is it worth while

Entertainment: every hero that has this will raise your troops morale every day that you rest in a town. I have two or three companions that have 2 or 3 Entertainment. My toon has zero. It really helps.
Farming: I do not recommend it as it will lower your renown, takes up lots of time, and often doesn't yield anything except a few coins. If you are a master of the mod, and just wanted to try a different (and very long-term) roleplaying path (e.g., rise from common peasant to Brytenwalda) then I think farming might have its place, but if you just want to have fun in a fairly short time frame I'd say stay away from farming. Remember, you are aspiring to be QUEEN! of all Britain! An aspiring Queen wouldn't be out there farming with the rabble would she? :wink:

4. with giving a speach  it always saids my words fall on deaf ears is there requirement for this to work ?

Not sure, but my guess is that charisma attribute, Entertainment skill and/or persuasion skill would come into play here.

On character creation it uses a slider system, move the top slider to the right side for women.

As for spies there is always a chance for them to be in a tavern, though like all mercenaries what is in each tavern is random. More merc types would lower the chance of any specific one being in a specific tavern. Just check them all and hope for the best. Really love the spies and the various uses for them.

Do spies increase your chances of foiling an ambush? I have yet to figure out how to use them to set an ambush. Do I need to have some other group chasing me, and when they are getting close stop and go into the Camp menu?

Back
Top Bottom