300/Battle of Thermopylae MINIMOD

Users who are viewing this thread

All of you are forgeting about the most important people who played a role in this battle, the Athenian Navy Who had killed much more persians than The Greeks who were defending the pass and After the Persians defeated the Spartans at the pass the Navy went back and saved the people in Athens before the persians could kill them.

Do not look here said:
Ruthven said:
Bmen30 said:
Jackamo said:
still how could they even fight 1000000 persians with only 300 man thats like impossible in the real world
impossible in the real world?
it did happen. like...a long time ago
:roll:

They still lost y'know, not like they fended off the whole persian army. Plus, with the Athenians, they probably had a decent amount of soldiers anyways.

They were winning till Athenians retreat. Then they get owned. But I believe that they would loose either. Only less epically.

In the actual battle, the City States had around 8,000 hoplites at the battle. When Leonidas learned that the Persians could flank them, all but 2,000 hoplites of various city states left. Anyway, the battle is overrated but heroic. There were a sea battle and a land battle that was equally or more important than Thermopylae.

I just found this mod, and I would love it if it was ported to warband. It seems like a great mod, and it's times like these when I find mods like these that I think ''I shouldn't have bought Warband after all...''

Nodscouter said:
I just found this mod, and I would love it if it was ported to warband. It seems like a great mod, and it's times like these when I find mods like these that I think ''I shouldn't have bought Warband after all...''
Do it yerself, it's mostly just copy and paste.

Jackamo said:
ya this guys right they wer elike completley naked  :neutral: still how could they even fight 1000000 persians with only 300 man thats like impossible in the real world
That is exactly why they were massacred.

Cutpurse3 said:
Stfu! That Gollum guy led the persian dicks and took them *from the rear*  :arrow: :mad:
Trool.gif
:grin:

Jackamo said:
ya this guys right they wer elike completley naked  :neutral: still how could they even fight 1000000 persians with only 300 man thats like impossible in the real world

the purpose of choosing the ground at thermopolye was that the canyon walls would allow numerous ranks of spartans, with no ability for the enemy to flank them. as the first rank tired they could fall back and rest. there were only 300 spartans there, and they did have a major influence over the battle, but they were not alone:

[quote author=wiki]A Greek force of approximately 7,000 men marched north to block the pass in the summer of 480 BC. The Persian army, alleged by the ancient sources to have numbered in the millions but today considered to have been much smaller (various figures are given by scholars ranging between about 100,000 and 300,000), arrived at the pass in late August or early September. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held off the Persians for seven days in total (including three of battle), before the rear-guard was annihilated in one of history's most famous last stands. During two full days of battle, the small force led by King Leonidas I of Sparta blocked the only road by which the massive Persian army could pass. After the second day of battle, a local resident named Ephialtes betrayed the Greeks by revealing a small path that led behind the Greek lines. Aware that his force was being outflanked, Leonidas dismissed the bulk of the Greek army, and remained to guard the rear with 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians, 400 Thebans and perhaps a few hundred others, the vast majority of whom were killed.

[/quote]
and with reguards to armor, a spartan hoplite derives its name from "hoplon" , the type of the shield used by the troopers other armor worn was the corinthian helm, greaves, guantlets, and Cuirass (breastplate). sparta was a warrior nation, with fierce fighters, but there renowned sucess came from using both the Phalanx tactic and bronze armor and a bronze covered hoplon, when other cultures used cloth and leather armor, and wicker shields.  please if you want to talk intelligently base your reaseach of of valid sources, of these, zach snyder is not one.

edit* just went through the rest of this and saw most of this was stated, for the smart ones, bravo and the "less fortunate? well go back to watching the last airbender maybe you can find some "historical accuracys" in that

In conclusion, even though the battle was a noble sacrifice, it doesn't make the Spartans omggodlike. I find the fall and resurrection by Epaminondas to the Thebans against the Spartans more interesting than Thermopylae.

Honestly Tsubodai, I think it would be better for MP. Using Full invasion and adding the greek factions to fight off the persian invasion would be extremely awesome.

Back
Top Bottom