2015 "Remembrance" Siege Event of Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword (Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

"To honour our fathers, is the purpose of our generation."

Hail to you all, brothers and sisters of war in Fire and Sword!

There is a tradition of hosting a siege event at the end of the year in With Fire and Sword, and this tradition has been followed by somebody every single year since the game came out. I personally was the one responsible for hosting last year's event, and thanks to our dear friend Westre, the event was successful enough. So I decided to try and do the same thing this year: hosting the fifth great siege event of With Fire and Sword.

First of all I would like to give my regards to those who sponsor this event and help me make it happen. It is truly an honor to be working together with my friends MadeInBrazil and Storm here, thanks to them we already have a server to play on.

Having learnt from the mistakes I have made last year, I deciced that this year we shall host an event that consists of not one, but two parts:

The first part would occur on December 19th, a Saturday evening. For this day I would require the current clanleaders of With Fire and Sword to sign up their clans, if willing to take part in it. For on this day, we shall unleash two teams of clans against each other.

The minimum amount of clans I require is 6, they will be divided into 2 teams after the application depending on their skill level, the number of actual players each clan can bring, and the nationality of the clans as well. Both teams would play three 10 minute rounds as attacker and then defender on one map, so the teams will be switched. The first map would be a regular one, and the second would be a custom map. In total that means 12 rounds, which will take about 90 minutes depending on whether the attackers or the defenders will win.

To sign up a clan I will require the following things to be written as a comment underneath this thread:

- The name of the clan
- The amount of players the clan will possibly be able to bring
- The nationality of the clan (whether international or not)
- The Steam name(s) of the clanleader(s)

The regular map will be discussed by the clans, the custom map has already been made and chosen by me. The factions for both maps will also be discussed by the clans in one team, although Sweden or Crimea in defender will hardly be allowed on specific maps. You all know the reasons why.

The second part of the event would occur either on December 27th or January 2th 2016, I am indecisive about this date, but it will be figured out anyway.

For this part of the event, two other maps will be present. They might be both custom, or one custom and one regular, not sure about this either. But surely the individual players of With Fire and Sword's public will be put in a skill test this day.

On each map, a player will join either the defender or the attacker team. After three rounds, the teams will be switched, and so will the players. Take 2 maps, again 12 rounds, and in the end the player with the most kills during the whole event will be declared the winner of the Remembrance Siege Event of With Fire and Sword. The winner will receive a prize, either measured in cash or some other form of profit.

The teams will most likely be present in a separate thread, which I intend to create after getting some feedback in this thread.

Whoever finds this, spread word to the others. In the public part of the event, the server will be open for everyone who is willing to join the fray. Also a Steam group for the event will also be created if this post gets some recognition.

In case anyone has a question, feel free to message me here on the forum or on Steam. I can be found as "Marth The Gryphonhearted" or "marcitoth" there.

Kind regards to all of thee,

Marth The Gryphonhearted

Sounds cool, i'll attend to the individual part. I hope to see some old players around! (i'm looking at you, old westre siege community)

gj6gg.jpg

Soldiers Of Olympos
[SO]
Players:10-16(It'll be certain later)
Nationalitiy: Turkey
Leaders: Berkhan

- The name of the clan :Ryse Of AbysS (RoA)
- The amount of players the clan will possibly be able to bring 25-30
- The nationality of the clan (whether international or not): International
- The Steam name(s) of the clanleader(s) : - MadeInBrazil
                                                                - Silver

MadeInBrazil said:
- The name of the clan :Ryse Of AbysS (RoA)
- The amount of players the clan will possibly be able to bring 25-30
- The nationality of the clan (whether international or not): International
- The Steam name(s) of the clanleader(s) : - MadeInBrazil
                                                                - Silver

I'm sorry but it's impossible that RoA can bring 30 members...

Count down the 5 T_A_H members who are in RoA and then count down the 10 or so that will be inactve by the time, so let's make it 15. I'll add you to team 1 though.

Nordic will take part in the Siege Event, but I can´t promise, that we participate in the second round, sorry.
- The name of the clan :Nordic Veterans (Nordic)
- The amount of players the clan will possibly be able to bring 10-20
- The nationality of the clan (whether international or not): german
- The Steam name(s) of the clanleader(s) : - Joja
                                                              - Gor
                                                              - BlackFire/Suppenloeffel
                                                              -Lennart

Joja said:
Nordic will take part in the Siege Event, but I can´t promise, that we participate in the second round, sorry.
- The name of the clan :Nordic Veterans (Nordic)
- The amount of players the clan will possibly be able to bring 10-20
- The nationality of the clan (whether international or not): german
- The Steam name(s) of the clanleader(s) : - Joja
                                                              - Gor
                                                              - BlackFire/Suppenloeffel
                                                              -Lennart

Alright. Just see if you can be more certain of that promise. I don't think 90 minutes will make a difference in any event you might have to delay for that day, but you'll see anyway.

Nordic added to Team 2, might be swapped to the other team soon.

So far we have managed to get a 200-slot server for the siege event, this means that even 14 clans could participate. The clanleaders should all add me on Steam though, because I'll give them a server password before the event starts to ensure that there are no outsiders coming in. People who aren't specially invited guests and/or join without clantag will be kicked from the server.

Back
Top Bottom