2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

Right then here are the error messages:
EDIT: Ignore the tavern error, it does not occur on a new game, and in my current game I never completed the initial quest and the merchant does not appear anymore.
The tavern error message is:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1263: Invalid Troop ID: 2563: LINE NO: 172:
At menu mnu_town item mno_town_tavern consequences.
At menu mnu_town item mno_town_tavern consequences.
The OPCODE X varies, mostly around 2621 to 2648 as far as I can tell.

Lothar complains that 'Bodero keeps throwing threats' at him even the midst of battle, then procceeds to use dialogue that referrs to killing a brother which may be part of Alefir's backstory. the player dialogue refers only to Alefir. Quote: "he keeps saying that I should watch my back for someday he will stick his lance deep into my dark Visigothic heart". He behaved normally until a companion (Alefir) that he didn't like appeared.
Lothar also says:
"Excuse me warlord. I am very close to killing with my bare hands that insect that calls himself 'Lothar'. That joke of a warrior does not understand how bravery without discipline can only result in defeat and shame".
Player dialogue refers to Liuva; not Lothar...
ConnorMac Odhrain says when I talk to him:"Yes, That's a great idea chief. All these Britons and Saxons and landed nobles who rule now, with their prisons and gibbets and scaffolds, the whippings and the brandings and the hanging of any man who might be driven by the crying of his children to steal a loaf of bread, or maybe a horse -- Britannia deserves something better.?
Herold GTrainer uses normal dialogue I think, but says something along the same lines of Connor when I talk to him.
It appears to just be a dialogue problem; and only for recruitment and complaints as far as I can tell. It persists on a new game. If you talk to any companion in a tavern their dialogue will probaly not be correct or match up with their skills or the amount of schillingas they want. If you cannot recreate it, I will try re-downloading Brytenwalda.

Upon arranging to fight with Neko, I recieved an error message:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 506 Invalid Quest ID:174 LINE NO: 2:
At dialog consequence: dlga_geoffrey_hostile_4:close_window.1.
At dialog consequence: dlga_geoffrey_hostile_4:close_window.1.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1291: invalid Quest ID: 1403: LINE No: 14
At dialog consequence: dlga_geoffrey_hostile_4:close_window.1
At dialog consequence: dlga_geoffrey_hostile_4:close_window.1
Then there is no party at the village specified, only at Badum do they appear, and there are no notes under the title in the quest page, so it is difficult to know where to go. This persits on a new save slot, using a test character.You still recieve an average shield as your reward, nothing special.
Thanks for your time;

Nice testing feedback. the quotes allow me to go directly to the string and see what is matching with who.

The Geoffery error statement means something is missing in the Neko quest. I did update the variables for that quest recently and I might have missed something

The quest shield is one of the best in the game in terms of strength per unit weight. If it is a savegame, then I can see how an error could occur there. If not, I'll look at the prize again.

The strings sound mixed up.
Again, if I added or removed just 1 string from the strings text, it would mess up savegames and maybe even non-savegames as all the dialogs will shift down.
Bodero did murder his brother, no Alefir.

I hope to have a patch out by Sunday noon my time.

Thanks, although I am having another problem, wineries and breweries on a test game and my in current game, are taking a lot longer than a week to build.. I have paid my troops wages 4 times now, and the master vinter/brewer continues to tell me that they hope do begin production in about 7 days. Did you edit something that could affect this, or should I re-download Brytenwalda? Sorry to bother you again with more stupid questions...

I've uploaded the latest version of BW Reworked. It includes all the files from patch A, B and C.
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
It also fixes the dialogs bugs with companions.
The new modder on the team created a for loop on the order of the companions in troops.txt.
Unfortunately, the dialog strings are not in the same order.
So companion #16 was speaking the lines for the 16th dialog string.

The downside savegames may show up with a new companion for a few cases.
Example: If you party included Onuist you might get Aedh or Agasicles in the party instead.
He's still  in a tavern somewhere.

There are a features I didn't have time to fix, such as resetting the presentations for the new character screen.
I look forward to more reports of how the mod is going.
GDW

the creation is still now fixed correct? idk if it's suppose to be this way but when I choose my characters initial stats, it doesn't go 1 from the first click, it stays at 0 and i have to click it again for it to get one

That should happen only in quick character creation.
Your character starts out there with a suit of mod-heavy armor with weight penalties.
In the mod, you can turn these off.
Even better, small boosts to the endurance skill will significantly decrease the armor penalty's effect.
Also resting during combat or riding mounted will make it hard to notice the penalty.

It's working for me, but I haven't gone back and tested saves from all the prior patches.
What patch are you on?
Patch D reordered the troops so they would match their correct strings.
I imagine that there would be a problem if you used troops.txt from one patch and strings.txt from another.
If there's still a problem, I would ignore patch D and just use patch C or B.
Tell me, in patch C, were your companions talking normally?
I noticed that their lines were messed up for 5 of them.
That's why I made patch D.

Hi gdwitt
Nice job on the polish up, though I am having only one issue with the game, my soldiers quite often will not follow orders in battle, I try to place the formations, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, the flags keep jumping to where they want to go no matter where I click them on the mini map, same applies to orders via F-keys.
Also defending a fort, I give my men orders, they keep to them for a minute, then they just charge off and no order I give will bring them back, tried with formations both on and off.

I just finished a 500+ day campaign on Pendor and had no such problems, any idea what is going on?

Defensive formations in forts has always been a struggle.
Little code has been changed from Native. Viking Conquest improved it a little.

Brytenwalda has quite a few new battlefield formation scripts.
Not all of them work and it's frustrating.

I've tried to fix a few things, but things usually get worse when I try to fix something else.
I'm waiting for one of the advanced mods to release source code so I can fix what's there.
Pendor is one of them that keeps it all secretive.
If you know some developers at Pendor who are willing to release some code on battle maps let me know.

Battles can be fun and winnable in BW, you just need to find a method and set of commands.
I can start a thread elsewhere explaining how I do things.
I haven't see the overhead maps working 100% in any Brytenwalda game.
They certainly don't work when the flags are on edge of the map.

I prefer to use no formations and move troops in groups to different spots using mapflags then move forward/backward commands.

I'd like to hear what others use for formation commands.

gdwitt said:
It's working for me, but I haven't gone back and tested saves from all the prior patches.
What patch are you on?
Patch D reordered the troops so they would match their correct strings.
I imagine that there would be a problem if you used troops.txt from one patch and strings.txt from another.
If there's still a problem, I would ignore patch D and just use patch C or B.
Tell me, in patch C, were your companions talking normally?
I noticed that their lines were messed up for 5 of them.
That's why I made patch D.

I think I may have mucked up the patches, I 'reinstalled' (including patch d) it and it seems to be working now.. I remember I kept encountering 'Spy' units in the taverns and they kept crashing the game when spoken to (after recruited, via the party screen) but after a reinstall and new game I haven't had any issues.

Great (sub)mod BTW. I had always been trying out all the mods based around Roman era but none of them seemed solid enough to enjoy. While Brytenwalda isn't set during that period IMO it's as close as it gets without being overwhelmingly broken and This submod is pretty much mandatory imo.

Is there a version without Brytenwalda Repolished? This looks awesome but I got graphical errors when I installed(glitchy faces in talk menus, stuttering on the map, missing skyboxes, etc).

This mod uses all the materials, scenes and other visual perks of Repolished.
Your install get messed up somewhere or there was a download error.
I would install from scratch and only use patch D.

I have a bug!

After downloading the latest update my herd of cows started running away from me like wild animals, but if I leave them alone they do follow again eventually.

Hows tricks Gdwitt?

Im doing the Anierin, Roman and Bishop Quests atm so ill let you know if any are broken.

That sounds like a real bug and I will add it to the list.
I edited them in Reworked to follow you when you approach them.
Without this edit, they normally do keep a distance.
You are playing reworked?

I don't have time to assemble the desired patch for this weekend.
It's Easter and I am booked up.

Keep letting us know any specifics you find.
Remember that the quests mostly have quest-givers now.
Listen to what they say, not what you think they are saying.

Chains were widely used in building Rome and likely in Egypt.
Try playing a realistic no-kill game without a flail and you will not be pleased.
This is there for its popularity and the fact that it works so well with the horseback mechanics of the game.

gdwitt said:
Chains were widely used in building Rome and likely in Egypt.
That's like saying there were pollaxes or halberds in the same period because people used hafts on weapons. Not to mention the actual models are 15th/16th century style.
gdwitt said:
Try playing a realistic no-kill game without a flail and you will not be pleased.
Or you could just use the other blunt weapons that are in Brytenwalda by default.
gdwitt said:
This is there for its popularity
You should probably mention that your submod is anachronistic/fantasy then since flails weren't the only anachronistic thing you put in there.
gdwitt said:
and the fact that it works so well with the horseback mechanics of the game.
They're just one handed maces. They don't even have new animations.

The flail is clearly detailed as only working with WSE's release and K700's work is quite an accomplishment.
I set up the code so that it doesn't kick up a storm of errors if you use the flail without WSE.
Yes, then it looks like a neat club.

Authenticity?
If they were using chains for slaves and agriculture 2500 years ago, they were certainly using them in warfare 1400 years ago.
Or you could just use the other blunt weapons that are in Brytenwalda by default.
Traditional Brytenwalda default blunts are just clubs. One cannot succeed in the game with them.
That's like saying there were pollaxes or halberds in the same period because people used hafts on weapons.

This is an open source mod and I put in there what the players request.
I thank you for your request for a better flail, but I am not a modeller.
If you see one, please send me the information and I'll ask someone to help fix it.
In all the Warband games, how many working flails are there? This is only one I know of.

Players like being in charge and being a hero. Traditional Brytenwalda requires that one endures 50-60 hours of club and foot play before you have gear suitable for surviving combat.

I would like a more realistic club

This mod will put you in the closest equivalent to a dark age killing machine in under 25 hours of gameplay without cheats.
If you have 2 weeks to burn on a game and like to get taken prisoner every day,, Brytenwalda is there waiting for you.

You decide to make you own reality by removing or not using certain items.

Ultimately this mod will not progress if players wander in, don't read and criticize.
The code and documentation is there. Fix it or build something new and I'll include it.

You should probably mention that your submod is anachronistic/fantasy
Despite our best efforts 90% of the game will still be in our hearts and imagination.
Every Warband mod is only + or - 5% more or less imaginative.

Back
Top Bottom