2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

:shock: I will download and play this immediately.  :party:

EDIT - This is a link on this forum to a lovely OS little game tweak by Urlik you may have missed over the years https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,115276.msg2776624.html#msg2776624

It's my favourite map tweak, it gets rid of the directional arrows witch have a modern and messy feel to there looks and replaces them with proper looking horse shoe tracks, its awesome for Brytenwaldas immersion and looks better in game.
You never see it in mods because it was one of those that got swallowed up by all the other tweaks.

Its the first tweak I install for every mod I try  :wink:

Alfred of Gloucester said:
  :shock: I will download and play this immediately.  :party:

EDIT - This is a link on this forum to a lovely OS little game tweak by Urlik you may have missed over the years https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,115276.msg2776624.html#msg2776624

It's my favourite map tweak, it gets rid of the directional arrows witch have a modern and messy feel to there looks and replaces them with proper looking horse shoe tracks, its awesome for Brytenwaldas immersion and looks better in game.
You never see it in mods because it was one of those that got swallowed up by all the other tweaks.

Its the first tweak I install for every mod I try  :wink:
thx man for the tip! i like this feature already much. this is definitely a must have, it is way better then those ugly arrows.

It's there or it isn't. I haven't seen that bug in Reworked for months.
The only time I recall getting that error is when I added supplements that changed with faces or did not load some of the Resource files.
First remove addons.
Then check your rgl_log to see if something is not loading. Make sure you are using the provided module.in.
If you see some strange resource bugs, send a pm or post in the bugs thread.
Third, I would rebuild the mod with a fresh standalone then the last patch.

Is there a way or an option in this mod that allows you to control your other troops after being knocked down in battle? I tend to die a lot but it would be fun to take control of one of your troops instead of just spectating the rest of the battle.

Played for couple of hours.
The changes are ok.

The stupid and retarded strobing and flickering of screen at the end of every night made me want to throw the monitor out of the window.
Contemplating if I should delete or not right now.

It's frustrating.
The mod has alot of scripts that need to run each day.
To reduce them, make sure you don't keep the camp CHEAT MENU! off as it really slows things down.
It's best to just camp at night as there are many benefits for the troops,.
Also, you go at only 40% speed at night and there are twice as many books in this mod.

If you can't deal with this, come back later when I will have an experimental version where I reduce the script-running even more.

I fixed my missing text problem. I just took all the text files from another module and copied them across and didn't overwrite anything. I think the game_variables.txt was missing.

A Christmas present from Brytenwalda.
If you feel tempted to play the Charlemagne campaign in RTW2, just wait a few months until it is on sale.
This is a much better option!
Download:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?

Quite a few important changes for Version 23:
1) Flails working but I need to upload some resource files for a new standalone. That will occur on the 22 or 23 of Dec
2) New script for armor penalties: They start as default on.
Penalties affect ironflesh, powerstrike, throwing, powerdraw, athletics, horsearchery all equally.
There are three levels of penalties based on your "encumbrance."
There is no more need to fret about the difference between medium and heavy armors.
Your penalty is directly a function of total weight of the armor.
I made the penalties too light I think, but will increase it if players thing it is too light.
3) I have a great new weariness trigger.
Basically, every 2 hours, the game checks if you're resting.
If it's night, you lose 3 morale if not resting. If resting, you gain 4 morale if camping and 8 if sleeping in a city.
4) As your weariness increases, I added a new variable called "encumbrance."
This will affect the armor penalties. The less you rest, the greater the penalty for heavy armors.
5) You can now recruit your wife into your campaign party and put her back again as minister.
6) Various improvements and tweaks to quests and dialogs.
7) You will see a new option in game menus to turn on messages on screen. I don't know if this is working.
:cool: The 3 horns available now heal the player 80 hit points (essentially 100%).
In the next patch, each horn will heal something different.

Sounds like good stuff, especially the new encumbrance penalty and the lack of rest penalty.  I will have to look at these in the module system to see what you did.  Basing penalty on total weight rather than on armor type (light, med, heavy) makes more sense to me and I wish I had thought of it first.

Somebody says that there is a rest script already in the triggers somewhere.
The morale-weariness is very unique to Brytenwalda.

The weight-based system for armor penalties is from Floris and a number of other mods.
Temporarily, this means that the helmets are no longer an obstacle to gameplay since they are set up as light weight right now.
I am waiting for feedback to know if the penalty is too much.
You can still turn them off in the camp menu even though they start as on.

Thats some cool stuff you did there!!
i am eager to play the new version soon. now i have to take some time for POP and my modding skills wich i try there on some texture, brf stuff, icons.
i will try phyton (coding) like you sad, in the next year i think.
I will take time to test and help you out how i can with the new version, of course. Thank You Much For All!!

Is the v23 beta already the new one or do you will post a new one today, the days? just to make shure i will test, play the right thing to actually find "new bugs" or so.
I wish You and All the dark age brytenwalda folks a merry christmas!  :party: :grin:

The Beta is up there for V23 except for the flail pack.
If you download that now, you will have no problem adding the flail pack.
I think I can get the flail pack out tomorrow.
I have a big new change I'm working on, but it won't be ready til next week.
All changes will continue to be savegame compatible.

Would be great if you could have an heir/son/daughter as it adds more realism to the game and when you feel like doing nothing just hand it over to your heir and just watch the whole kingdom. Anyways, keep up the good work and it nice to see Brytenwalda getting reworked.

There is a baby mechanic already in Brytenwalda but I don't believe he grows up.
I don't believe I have the skill to create the whole heir feature as it would be quite a bit of scripting.
It used to be so hard to survive once one had a kingdom that the question was pointless.
In traditional and Repolished BW, it was either you die in 2 days, 10 days or 30 if you use lots of cheats.
Have you seen that change?
If you shop around at the other mods and ask that question, they might be able to tell you who has been developing it.
I would guess the Imperial Rome mod or Diplomacy 4.4.
Floris certainly doesn't have it.

It is time to Rambo dark age England on horseback!
Version 23 is officially released!!

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
It includes a flail folder which will require some reading in the Readme file to get working.
Flails are great because you can hit the enemy without getting hitback.
They are a liability on foot however.

If you're playing with the v23 patch, this is mostly the same thing except for the flails.
All patches will be save game compatible and are savegame compatible at least back to version 21.

Hello, I play for two ours with 23 patch this is what I got until now.In battle ''Unrecognized opcode 2076 line no5
A mission template mst_entrenched trigger no:89 consequence''
I also have a problem with great hammer.In description when you point with the mouse is not two handed like in native, is two handed/one handed. The problem is that in battle you can pull out the great hammer together  with the shield  like a one handed weapon but you cant hit. For me is not a problem because I can fast take out the shield and use it as two handed but companions they will not do that, they will take hit after hit with the great hammer in one hand and shield in the other without doing nothing. So please make it be only two handed or make him work as two handed/one handed how you make with maul. Maul also was only two handed in native, now you make him two handed/one handed and is working,slow but its OK.
Perhaps you can make also some steel arrows so they can break the shields faster or increase bow damage a little. It is very hard to kill someone with a bow. Anyway this is my opinion.  Another suggestion - How about we can use the fights from ''my lair'' to really upgrade our troops and companions?
I did not have the chance to try the horns for healing until now but I remember in Perisno they make possible to use first aid in battle and it was nice. Thanks for your work, you did a very nice job. I let you know if I find something wrong. :grin:

Hello i played this great mod, but i have a question/bug. Is there bodyguard system mod? Because my companions didnt follow me in cities/tavern. I have 900 renown, 4 leadership.

Im playing on steam version (1.16:cool:. Is it compatible?

Thanks

UPDATE:
I was playing the Repolished edition and when i modified the Module.ini file. This bug happened. I modified the player_xp_multiplier attribute 1.0 to 2.0. Maybe, that is the cause of bodyguard system bug. I tried to change the player_xp_multiplier attribute 2.0 to 1.0 on the reworked edition, but it didnt work (maybe anothers attributes were modified?).
I noticed when i modify the module.ini in order to increase xp, the companion stops to follow me after i earn a doubled xp.

I thought Repolished did have a bodyguard system for the town, which is a bad place to put it.
In reworked, I added bodyguards to everywhere but the town.
That means they follow you into the quest situations.
It's an easy fix, but I can't text splice Brytenwalda Repolished.

Module.ini should have nothing to do with it.
That fix you describe should be benign, but it does mess with a code-setting.
I have already set it up that in way in the code of reworked as it's a popular and necessary feature.

Back
Top Bottom