Game thread = http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,209813.0.html

look at the map please:
based on vanilla

new borders to be seen at
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/calradia.jpg/
look for the new borders (thin lines)

for size/scale, compare to this
http://www.freeworldmaps.net/europe/germany/bavaria.html
map of Bavaria and the surrounding states.  The same size of area is shown in both maps (so the distance from Rhodok to the Vaegir Republic is the same as the distance from Baden-Wuerttemburg to the Czech Republic.)

this thread is for discussion out of character.  If you want to add a spoilered out-of character note to your post in the main thread that is acceptable, but it would be BEST to keep all such notes and so on in this thread.

please take the lore seriously, the whole point of the lore is that it gives everyone an equal position in terms of what backstory they might or might not want to have, and it sets boundaries and limits without me saying 'these are Te Rulez'.

The most recent posts in the lore thread are (a) non-lore rules {Te Rulez after all, hehe} and some artwork gracelessly lifted from Google images.

The non-lore rules are basically intended to prevent any one character having a huge or decisive advantage or power-block, so please stick by them too.

The artwork is for your inspiration, and so that everyone knows what a swadian curaisser looks like. etcetera.

We start in the miserable little town of Dasbigha, formerly a hotbed of Khergit resistance, but now at peace, under the heavy hand of Swadia.

The Royal Dhirrim Mining Company has bought a profitable lead mine here, and with the end of hostilities between the Nord Duchies and Swadia (the Peace of 1699) a company of mercenaries is being recruited to stand guard over the mine shafts and associated workings.

The Royal Dhirrim Mining Company, for your information, is a front for the notorious Thieves Guild, a shadowy organisation of unscrupulous criminals who run the seedy side of Swadian life.  So they are not nice people to work for, there are no paid lunch breaks, and if it argues, they shoot it (or stab it, or break its kneecaps and chuck it in a deep lake).

However, ex-soldiers demobbed with a handful of coppers and some scar tissue need work, so the mercenary bands that guard the mines are never understaffed.

The only other things of interest in Dashbigha are the tavern and a small wooden redoubt that houses 25 Swadian Pioneer light-infantry, who are supposedly keeping the peace in the area.  Their captain is in the pocket of the mining company and he and his troops will do nothing without speaking to the mine supervisor....  They actually don't care in the slightest about keeping the peace other than a short radius around their barrack-redoubt, and the street from there to the tavern.

So its hell in the Khergit badlands, if you hadn't guessed already!

Glad to see this is starting. I'll be working on a character sheet, and try to get it up tonight or tomorrow.

Got a few questions:

1. Who is at war with who at this moment?
2. Can we have other agents? (f.e. your character's friends or family)
3. I can't choose between a pirate or a Khergit Tribesman...

right at this very moment, NOBODY is at war!!  Fcuk!  That's a first for Calradia!

Well, everyone still hates everyone, so for example
if you're a Swadian and kill a Rhodok, you'll get a community service order (suspended for good behaviour) rather than a long drop on a short rope....

In the Tribal Areas fighting is commonplace, with banditry rife and every drunken riot labelled a rebellion.  Also, the mines that operate in the Tribal Areas quite often come under attack from bandits, and from national militaries performing a sort of privateer-on-land act.

So our Swadian mine, for example, might well be raided by Vaegir or Rhodok troops.  This would be explained away as 'pursuing rebels' or 'smoking out bandits, some who were masquerading as [your] soldiers'. 

A cross-eyed squint at the map will show you that Dashbigha hovers just outside the official Swadian border, in the northernmost part of the Tribal Areas. 
Swadia has no right to post troops here (the half-platoon) so if they are attacked, then they have to fend for themselves.  Hence, they are as one with the mining company, who employ a company of mercenaries for their own protection.

you can have as many characters as you want, but only ONE should be immortal (ie, if I have Captain Smith, Lady White, and Sergeant Green, then I can't object if circumstance leads to Lady White and Sergeant Green being killed or disabled or captured)

Khergit tribespersons can join pirate ships.  They just eed to get to the coast

let's go!

CHARACTER thread is locked.  Please post here or PM me if you want to have it unlocked, no problem, just be aware that I am only online 2 or 3 days a week so patience, my friends, patience!

to clarify: Everyone should have their character* appear IN or NEAR Dasbigha in the first post.

* if you wish to control multiple characters, only one needs to be in/near Dashbigha.

Since Dashbigha offers only three options (Tavern, Lead Mine, Swadian Barracks) then most of us will be in the tavern by dinner time tonight.

Anyone who is off to the Swadian barracks should find that the garrison spend most all of their off-duty hours in the tavern, and anyone who goes to the minesite will quickly realise that only the slaves and on-duty overssers, guards, etc, actually spend time at the mine, the rest being either asleep or in the tavern....

Sounds good. First post up.

I'm liking the flavor of this already. But I suppose I've always been a fan of your writing, Amman.  :smile:

thanks Llew!

OK, the swadian patrol are just here as mugs. 

Joric might find it a bit easier to NOT burn the barracks, since dawn is usually a time when the military are active (even here, yes..)

on the other hand, the barracks is now 6 men short, which leaves a total of 19 Swadians to be accounted for -
4 of them are actually in the tavern, sleeping off the last night's drink and other activities,
their officer and 6 others are up at the lead mine, reinforcing the patrols there.  (well, the officer is counting his bribe money over a fine Sargoth Brandy)

so actually, only 8 Swadians in the barracks itself, of whom at least 2 are actually sober and awake...

Go Joric!

Obviously the explosion is going to attract attention, but just before we all rush out the door (I mean, we haven't even been introduced!) we ought to say hi and snuff a few extras.  Hence the possibility of a big riot just outside.  Might not be though.  Maybe our Real Khergit can talk them out of slaughter?
Who are they after anyway?
What is the point?

and yes, I rewrote my post totally. 

The soldiers at the mine site are all rough tough nasties, most have been veterans of the recent wars and have no scruples, so anyone fighting them should bring their own artillery support.

Other than that, they are fair game if you want to top them.  The guy in the bright yellow shirt is mine though, Na'ia needs him alive, preferably also in good condition.

The minesite is not very far from the barracks, hence the assumption that the explosion was there.

Just posted. Basically, two ex-bandits are doing their level best to create confusion, chaos and/or fighting by telling everyone that bandits are responsible for the explosion. There aren't any bandits.

If the mine guards were to go marching down the hill to defend the Swadian contingent, the slaves would be left mostly unguarded...and slaves on the loose would be totally unpredictable.  :wink:

Guys, feel free to get into a fight with the other Sargoth soldiers. Also, I have a feeling someones going to be rotting in a Swadian jail.

:cry:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom