1 month after release 0 content change my mind

Users who are viewing this thread

The balancing is taking place, but the pendulum is swinging too far back and forth.
I have found the financial side has suddenly swung much to frugal. I have 360 hours now into this, (several restarts), and I now find maintaining an army and a modest garrison in currently 1 town and 1 castle far too difficult. Loot is pretty prolific crap with no "prizes" anymore. Also no gap in wars to enjoy some of the quests and consolidating.
Bugs are getting fixed, and as is often the case others introduced, but it is moving forwards albeit very slowly, though it is rather boring at times, so I put it on one side for a few days then restart. More story needed and the time to explore, but then it's a beta.

The developers fixing bugs, is a good sign. Would you rather they kept pouring out new content and creating DLC's without fixing bugs like this game....

I don't believe this game will be finished in a year though.

More story needed and the time to explore, but then it's a beta.

But it is not a beta, it is early access. The beta is over.
And the lack of meaningful content other than forming a party and fighting battles is a pity.

The developers fixing bugs, is a good sign. Would you rather they kept pouring out new content and creating DLC's without fixing bugs like this game....

I don't believe this game will be finished in a year though.

Bug fixing is indeed a good sign. But balancing details is not. The constant change to economics, income, tournaments rewards, loot and so on is a void effort.
The current foundation of these mechanics is (hopefully) incomplete. Any balancing at this point will be rendered useless once a new feature is introduced that has an impact on this mechanic. And I sincerely hope that the economic side of the game is not finished, because there is so much more potential.

The lack of a roadmap or any comment on what features we can expect is an issue.
All I know is that they are working on diplomacy and perks atm. But with all die respect, those are not "new" features. They are in the game, but not activated. There are mods that already fix this.

So yeah, the fact that balancing at this point worries me that the game is pretty much "complete" and there are in fact very little additional features in the pipeline.

I would love to be proven wrong.

It is unforgivable that in 10 years of development they release unplayable game with fps stutters, many things not working at all, and they charge it for 50$ because they have faithfull community who love this game , but that same community dont deserve this... I think modders will fix the game sooner than the devs and we should pay the modders for the game not the devs...
Sorry TaleWorlds , 10 years and still warband is much better with Jeremus by my side ....

Sorry TaleWorlds , 10 years and still warband is much better with Jeremus by my side ....

Not really, even in its final stage Warband was not really finished or polished or bug free.

Bannerlord has all the same content, but wants better integration of that content. I also want them to start doing more of the unfinished features but incidently that is what takes the longest time.

Also the ten years calculation does not understand how game project work and how they can go pear shaped. In essence those ten year can mean nothing. I think this last game engine is less than half that and was when they at least got to promote gameplay.
Yes, means their project went out of whack, does not mean they worked ten years on this game.

You should only buy this stuff if you want to. I played M&B in some weird alpha version with only Looters and Zendar as town. Broken as ****. Still fun. So thinking Bannerlord is unplayable lacks imagination.

Balancing is 100% necessary in the meantime that new content is being created. New content takes some time to be created and meanwhile, the game should be enjoyable. Balanced Game = More enjoyable Game.

i think they will not add much new content so they prioritize fixing. Otherwise they would need to fix again after new content

with all the money they got from sold copies they can hire so many people to create content, fix bugs and work on optimization but i doubt they will do that

8 Software developers were seen speeding around Istanbul in pimped out Lambos

Why do you complain about there not being enough content in an early access title? You knew you were buying an unfinished, unpolished product.

8 Software developers were seen speeding around Istanbul in pimped out Lambos
good for them! most devs dont get a share of the profit a game makes and only get a baseline payment with maybe a bonus when certain criteria are met. well ofc thats not your point but if thats true tw is a great working place

hahaha
Why would anyone change your mind about a fact? It is what it is, but I wouldn't call it unplayable, that's not true at all... The game's just boring atm.

literally so boring. and intentionally grindy. I have 100 hours in somehow, got a mod for auto trading. levelled trading from 120 to 125 in like, 20-30 minutes. Literally took me 4 game yearts to get to 120 or something (who fkn trades afterwards after, it so pointless.)

anyways.
boring af

Why do you complain about there not being enough content in an early access title? You knew you were buying an unfinished, unpolished product.

I think he has a fair concern. Firstly, lets take things into the proper perspective. 10 years of development, with ported content for $70.
I rest my case

I was shunned by complaining about the price tag a few months back, seems I was correct.

I was shocked at the price, its pretty rare for that price tag in these days of gaming and is usually reserved for games with massive budgets (gta, COD etc) that run exceptionally smooth etc etc etc.

Im still in awe that I purchased the game at this price, and I feel even worse that I sunk 100 hours into!

I was shocked at the price, its pretty rare for that price tag in these days of gaming and is usually reserved for games with massive budgets (gta, COD etc) that run exceptionally smooth etc etc etc.

Im still in awe that I purchased the game at this price, and I feel even worse that I sunk 100 hours into!
I don't because I knew what I was signing for, old community member, so to me nothing came as a surprise, except for this price tag and the way they've been running this development (which is also old news for me because I've been saying it would take 10 years for them to release it and it would be incomplete anyway, since around 2015)

I rarely make mistakes when I stop to analyse stuff pertaining to game development, but then again TW is still better than 99% of the game industry, and that's saying something. I'm rather have this **** than buying any Ubisoft/EA/Bethesda/Bioware(which's EA anyway)/Rockstar Games ever again. The only company that comes on top of TW in absolute is CDPR (Witcher 3 developer), they run their business far better, they are more professional, even so, that doesn't mean TW is bad, it means TW could improve, that's all... The only thing that I despise on TW is their PR, other than that I'm okay with everything, even knowing and constantly saying that it can improve, at times even trying to suggest ways to improve them :wink:

PS: I still disagree with the price tag, I think it's a bit greedy on their part, but if I really really disagreed with the price I've particularly paid, I wouldn't have bought it would I? In fact, I thought to myself "I'm likely going to buy this sooner or later, rather buy now it is on Sale and while I'm still paying Brazilian currency for games on Steam" So it came cheaper to me, if I've had to pay 70 USD I would not.

Last edited:
I find it humorous that people with 100+ hours are complaining about the price.

I'm happy with it and the pace since release, but I'm working and dont have a ton of free time. Even so, I'm at 70+ hours and that's unheard of for me.

The game does lack depth, if you are bored play something else for now and wait. I'm feeling like I'm back in .8 back when I found the first M&B and I see so much promise, I'm super pleased right now. I suspect I'll be playing this until I die, or the next 10 years at least... whichever come first.

Just take it easy, it is the first month of the EA year. By the end of the year we will continue this thread but for now it is pointless as their focus is in stability and optimization.

They need to put out a Dev Blog with their intended plan stated to the public. I get that this is EA, I've played similar games, such as DayZ, that lived in early access, with way more "features" than this game. It's boring and tedious, and character growth and development is non-existent. The leveling system is absolute garbage, it takes an eon to make your character even half way good enough to fight. I've grinded in so many video games in my life, and this is BY FAR the least rewarding of any of them. Every patch they make, adds some new problem or quirk. Where is the loot? You literally have to cheat to find high grade armor. Everything you loot now is broken and damaged. You go to a town, in which you own, and have a blacksmith and the only armor available is mid-tier trash. Crafting is a joke. It will take you 20 in-game years to work up enough stamina to level your skill up to 150. The only thing so far that I haven't been ticked off about is it's actually easy to make money, which I'm sure they will take away/screw up in a few more "balancing" patches. So you get to be a really poor, grinding fool with trash armor.

Why does the main quest even need to exist? Why have you turned this beloved, open world, anything goes, play how you want game, into this? It's almost impossible, with the current speed in which you can level up your character's skills, to form a kingdom on your own. You can get all the money you want, millions of denars, but your trade skill, it's 100. And it's not going up any higher because you don't have any skill points or focus points left. In Warband you could become a Master of Everything, in Bannerlord, you are a master of nothing. I'd rather have them trash the whole perk system and bring back Warband's bland leveling scheme.

I don't because I knew what I was signing for, old community member, so to me nothing came as a surprise, except for this price tag and the way they've been running this development (which is also old news for me because I've been saying it would take 10 years for them to release it and it would be incomplete anyway, since around 2015)

I rarely make mistakes when I stop to analyse stuff pertaining to game development, but then again TW is still better than 99% of the game industry, and that's saying something. I'm rather have this **** than buying any Ubisoft/EA/Bethesda/Bioware(which's EA anyway)/Rockstar Games ever again. The only company that comes on top of TW in absolute is CDPR (Witcher 3 developer), they run their business far better, they are more professional, even so, that doesn't mean TW is bad, it means TW could improve, that's all... The only thing that I despise on TW is their PR, other than that I'm okay with everything, even knowing and constantly saying that it can improve, at times even trying to suggest ways to improve them :wink:

PS: I still disagree with the price tag, I think it's a bit greedy on their part, but if I really really disagreed with the price I've particularly paid, I wouldn't have bought it would I? In fact, I thought to myself "I'm likely going to buy this sooner or later, rather buy now it is on Sale and while I'm still paying Brazilian currency for games on Steam" So it came cheaper to me, if I've had to pay 70 USD I would not.

Ya, I dont fully agree with you on a few aspects. I get 99% is an exaggeration, but its really unfair to the amount of great indie companies out there, who have put out amazing games of all kinds (in FPS think Squad, Insurgency, in all other categories there are tons to choose from).. but anyways.

I get the hate on EA/Ubisoft etc. But the fact remains is they, for the most part, they put out high quality, 'finished' products for the price. In TW case, they basically have a 'monopoly' on their product (a niche, a brand etc), and pricing it at that level transmits a certain information to the end user.

1) this product is 'expected' to compete with other similarly priced products (IE AAA titles!)
2) they believe the price is justified, and that has an effect on previous loyal buyers who trust the brand (I dont anymore, and I wont buy another product from them, point final.)

I really believe it was morally reprehensible to release the game at its past price & state. Simply, it was quasi-deceitful, and there seems to be LESS CONTENT in the EA than in the previous gamescom videos etc, that we have been following for years - that really ****ing pisses me off. More to my previous point, they really took advantage of sales/pricing practices to juice it, with early bird discounts (which got both of us). The fact that the game is $30 in other regions (literally half price) makes me want to puke.

Usually, a game priced like this, in EA, I WOULD NEVER PAY FOR. At the end of the day, I am responsible for purchase, but TaleWorlds is responsible for the product and the consumer-experience, and they failed to check both boxes there.

If you re-read their steam page for EA, its a totally - TOTALLY different picture that they paint. There is basically nothing in this game, and to boot the game is a ****ing port of Warband, which was a port of M&B. I mean, jesus I cant even flame about this anymore.

From Steam EA of Bannerlord https://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/Mount__Blade_II_Bannerlord/ :

"In terms of content, the early access version of the game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience, with a host of content that is new to the series. Players can create their own character using the game’s character creation system; explore the continent of Calradia; gather their own warband of troops; command and fight alongside their troops in large scale battles using the game’s extensive command system and intuitive skill-based directional combat system; raid settlements; lay siege to and capture enemy towns and castles; trade items and goods using the game’s deep economy system; engage in politics and diplomacy; manage their own clan; upgrade and manage settlements; gather armies and wage war; and much, much more... all in a vast singleplayer sandbox setting where no two playthroughs are the same. The early access version also includes fully supported multiplayer game modes for players to test their combat skills and tactical prowess against players from all over the world.

Please tell me how there is much much more (or really any of what they talk about. Diplomacy? You mean declaring war and then making peace? There is basically nothing new besides more and slower loading screens, and building siege weapons outside a fief.) My friend, who purchased this game from brazil for cheaper (you), please dont tell me this is not deceitful..

LOTS of games do this for pricing & features from EA:
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The price will increase as we ship new features.”

They need to put out a Dev Blog with their intended plan stated to the public. I get that this is EA, I've played similar games, such as DayZ, that lived in early access, with way more "features" than this game. It's boring and tedious, and character growth and development is non-existent. The leveling system is absolute garbage, it takes an eon to make your character even half way good enough to fight. I've grinded in so many video games in my life, and this is BY FAR the least rewarding of any of them. Every patch they make, adds some new problem or quirk. Where is the loot? You literally have to cheat to find high grade armor. Everything you loot now is broken and damaged. You go to a town, in which you own, and have a blacksmith and the only armor available is mid-tier trash. Crafting is a joke. It will take you 20 in-game years to work up enough stamina to level your skill up to 150. The only thing so far that I haven't been ticked off about is it's actually easy to make money, which I'm sure they will take away/screw up in a few more "balancing" patches. So you get to be a really poor, grinding fool with trash armor.

Why does the main quest even need to exist? Why have you turned this beloved, open world, anything goes, play how you want game, into this? It's almost impossible, with the current speed in which you can level up your character's skills, to form a kingdom on your own. You can get all the money you want, millions of denars, but your trade skill, it's 100. And it's not going up any higher because you don't have any skill points or focus points left. In Warband you could become a Master of Everything, in Bannerlord, you are a master of nothing. I'd rather have them trash the whole perk system and bring back Warband's bland leveling scheme.
I've been warning that the Leveling system needs to change, I've even offered to help them with that, but I was ignored. There was another guy who made an even better suggestion for the leveling system, but I strongly believe he too will get ignored, and as always, they'll do whatever the **** they want haha

Back
Top Bottom