In Progress 1.510 beta Starting villages for some factions are too low hearths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Zorion_no

Sergeant
Summary: Hearths of some villages are too low at start

This means that they start out starveing directly, most of the Sturgia towns are like this, a few of the Northern Empire aswell.

The hearths is about 100 and some even lower thus not even produceing any food for the town its connected too.

Epicrota for the Northern Empire have already rebelled due to this.

While doing quest for the villages do improve the situation, its not enough because of raids.
(not to mention that the ganking on both these factions is Sturgia/Northern Empire is just crazy)

While I wont go as far as to say its in an unplayable state, it do put theese faction at a severe disadvantage from the start.

I noticed Battania dont suffer from this for instance(and I went up and cleaned out their food, and sold it in Sturgia for profit), its not what I would call a fair and balanced start.

Basically all towns connected to Sturgia at start ALL, they are in the 100 or lower.
Epicotrea, and its villages, I didnt go to others.

Sturgia cities are now "stable" for the most parts, as the villages havent been raided for a long time, so they are in the 300-400 range and thus provide +5 food etc.

Specific names is Rodobas tied to Varcheg and also Kargrev tied to the same town.
Epicrotea and its 3 villages : Gymos, Marathea and Stathymos.

While other towns say around Battania that I checked had "normal" starting hearths like 300-400 what I roughly can recall.

Addendum. as this play now is at 1800 days or so, the issue still exist in alot of areas though.

I see that the AI lords are really bad at manageing their towns(castles dont rebel).
They push prosperity through the roof, which means they need more food to not starve, the problem is that the villages get raided or generally arent that high, as they have issues that it seems that the negative of the issue is way to high, which halts the building of hearths too much.

I see towns still all over rebel all the time, too frequent, the AI needs to prioritize makeing hearths in the village + also when needed have festivals to stop the decline of loyalty which will also lead to rebellion.

Just happends too frequent in towns with 2 or 3 attached villages in the poor lands - meaning Northern Empire, Sturgia and Khuzait it would seem.

While the rebellion factor is enjoyable yes, its the cause of it, meaning the ai owner doing a very very bad job at ruleing their towns, is this by design or a flaw?

Back
Top Bottom