• Please note that the developer team will be on leave until 26th of July. All technical support tickets will be handled when we're back in action. Thank you for understanding.

Resolved [1.5.9] - Infinite lord ransom glitch in tavern district.

Currently viewing this thread:

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Excirial

Recruit
Summary:
When ransoming a lord in the tavern district, it is possible to create a game state where the lord prisoner is not correctly removed from the party. This in turn allows the player to collect infinite ransom for the captured lord.

How to Reproduce:
- Ensure you have a lord as a prisoner in your party. In my game, i had two along with some troops.
- Head to a town to ransom the prisoner. In my case i was a mercenary for the faction that owned the town.
- First however, go to the keep and select "Go to Dungeon", and select "Donate Prisoners"
- On the prisoner screen, use the double arrow to move all prisoners to the donation side. Then, press "Cancel" instead of "Done". (Eg: Do NOT actually donate the prisoners!)
- Now, go to the tavern district and select the "Ransom your prisoners" option that ransoms all prisoners a party has.

Result:
The game will now pay the player for the prisoners, but will only remove the non-lord prisoners from the party. Afterwards the "Ransom" option will remain available in the menu, and can be clicked repeatedly for infinite money. Meanwhile, the message log will keep stating "[Lord] of the [Faction] has been ransomed from the ." (Where [Lord] and [Faction] are correct; the faction they are randomed from is missing though). So if i were to guess, moving the prisoners to the dungeon while cancelling causes the game to get confused as to who actually owns the prisoner.

Note:
A savegame was uploaded that can be used to reproduce the issue. My own commander is in a town with two lord prisoners in that game; The issue should be fully reproducible with the above steps.

Last edited:

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I've been informed that this bug is fixed and will be sent to the game with further patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Top Bottom