Resolved [1.5.9] - Infinite lord ransom glitch in tavern district.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Excirial

Recruit
Summary:
When ransoming a lord in the tavern district, it is possible to create a game state where the lord prisoner is not correctly removed from the party. This in turn allows the player to collect infinite ransom for the captured lord.

How to Reproduce:
- Ensure you have a lord as a prisoner in your party. In my game, i had two along with some troops.
- Head to a town to ransom the prisoner. In my case i was a mercenary for the faction that owned the town.
- First however, go to the keep and select "Go to Dungeon", and select "Donate Prisoners"
- On the prisoner screen, use the double arrow to move all prisoners to the donation side. Then, press "Cancel" instead of "Done". (Eg: Do NOT actually donate the prisoners!)
- Now, go to the tavern district and select the "Ransom your prisoners" option that ransoms all prisoners a party has.

Result:
The game will now pay the player for the prisoners, but will only remove the non-lord prisoners from the party. Afterwards the "Ransom" option will remain available in the menu, and can be clicked repeatedly for infinite money. Meanwhile, the message log will keep stating "[Lord] of the [Faction] has been ransomed from the ." (Where [Lord] and [Faction] are correct; the faction they are randomed from is missing though). So if i were to guess, moving the prisoners to the dungeon while cancelling causes the game to get confused as to who actually owns the prisoner.

Note:
A savegame was uploaded that can be used to reproduce the issue. My own commander is in a town with two lord prisoners in that game; The issue should be fully reproducible with the above steps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom