Resolved 1.5.8 Companions missing in towns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Gadheras

Squire
I noticed that in Villages you can tell your companion to round up your other companions and come join you. When in towns you only have one companion following you and the other ones is not to be found anywhere at all. Nor can you tell the one that follow you to round up the others to join you.

mods used; attribute per level and a dev console, Neither should have an impact on this.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I had the same issue when updated to 1.5.7

Usually, you have the very first companion you hired as "bodyguard" with you and your other companions are spread out over the whole town. After my update i couldn´t find anyone of them when pressing ALT and even my bodyguard wasn´t with me.

Then I found them : They were all hanging around in the tavern. Thats not a joke, they were actually all there. When i first tried to gather them via the dialogue option (inside the tavern) the game crashed.

Then I tested via trial and error a bit... I disbanded the army I led at that time and put all my companions into the town, left the town with my party, reentered town and took back my companions into the party.... Same issue, I found them AGAIN in the tavern. But THIS time, when i used the "gather all my companions-dialogue" inside the tavern, the game didn´t crash and when entering the town through the taverns door, they all "followed" me out and spawned right beside me and followed me afterwards (like it allways happenes when you gathered your companions once before and reenter the same town or settlement again.) So this time it worked somehow ok, however it´s not very practicable if this should be a new feature (having to collect your folks in the tavern every time). And I´m quite concerned that this might be a new source of recurrent crashes.

ADDENDUM : When i searched for my companions in the town by pressing ALT, i witnessed another issue : The house of one of the gangleaders was shown (like when you have this "Prodigal son-quest" active, which I hadn´t at that time). And it was shown at three different locations.

Edit : I momentarily try to upload my savegame via upload.taleworlds.com but I get the message "upload aborted" and the site is stuck.

OK, upload worked after some time... but this stupid "upload aborted" message HAS TO BE designed to confuse confused people even more, am I right?

Last edited:
[...] however it´s not very practicable if this should be a new feature (having to collect your folks in the tavern every time). And I´m quite concerned that this might be a new source of recurrent crashes.

[...]

My concerns where unfortunately justified... it happens ~ 50% each time i gather my companions from inside a tavern (which I have to do, because they don´t spawn outside in towns anymore).

Back
Top Bottom